Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
My GOOD Suboxone Story

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

My GOOD Suboxone Story

Well, I've read at leat 20-30 horror stories about Suboxone on here the last week or so. I will be honest, I try and be silent about Suboxone because it is an absolute personal choice. I really would hate to convince someone to go one way or another. I just want to let people know that there are success stories out there as well. I am an addict. My DOC was oxy's, up to 100-150mg per day. I tried cold turkey 3-4 times and relapsed every time. I made an appointment with a Suboxone Doctor who suggested a 19 day taper at first. That went flawlessly and I had NO withdrawals coming off. Unfortunately I relapsed within a week. It then occurred to me that getting clean was no problem (painful..but I could do it). My problem is staying clean. So, last February I went on Suboxone and maintained a maintenance dose until December. I tapered as I could. Finally getting down to 2mg a day, then 1mg, then .5mg, then .5mg every other day, then .5mg every 3 days, then nothing. My withdrawal symptoms included a mild headache for a few days and one and off mild anxiety. I never had any stomach problems, no RLS, no aches, no pains, no depression, no crying fits, and best of all...no cravings. The Suboxone basically put my addictive behavior into remission while I worked on the disease. I began seeing a therapist and have been seeing him for close to a year. I  also attend an occasional NA meeting (which I should do more). This is the way that worked for me. If someone is on Suboxone long term, then they should be taking that time to work on recovery. I also see many terrible stories of prolonged withdrawals when people come off of Suboxone. I notice that many of the people jump at dosages of 1mg or higher. I personally think this is too high. Get down to crumbs if you have to. OK, I'll get off my little soapbox now. I don't want to start any sort of flaming war...I just wanted to let the people thinking about Suboxone that there are people who truly believe that this drug saved their lives. I know because I'm one of them. God bless everyone fighting this devil.
DA  there are positive stories as well.  I am going to add your post to the members sub experiences "health page". For some sub is the right choice for others it not . Some get off it very easy others don't .
SO happy for you....It is sooo good to hear a good success story , no matter what you used to get clean...The end result is what counts....
Thanks for sharing
r2r
i promise you this post will not cause any problems, this forum is a safe place to share your experience\
i belive that when you joined the forum , there were some issues going on ,
those have been resolved, so please feel free to post anytime you want, everyone here understands what its like to be addicted to something
xo
I would just like to say congratulations on working the program as it was set up... The commitment to get to what had made a drug addict is the key to long term success.. So very happy for you.. lesa
I am glad your story is a good one...i think basically the person just has to be ready..or nothing will work..u did the work that needed to be done and congrats on ur clean time!
Thank you so much for your testimony of being on SUBoxone. I just made a very tough decision to go on Sub myself.  I want to do the 21 day taper detox.  I started on Friday.  The Dr wanted me to take 4 mg at 7pm, 4mg at 730, then 8mg at 10pm and then 8 mg 11p.  I found that after taking just 8mgs I couldnt take anymore.  Yesterday I was only able to tolarate 10mgs all day.  Im not expereincing any withdrawals from stoping my DOC but the Sub is getting me high. Im not even on the dose they are suggesting.  Im going to take only 8mgs today and call the Dr. tomorrow.  Im so glad you shared your experience with these.  Do you have any imput about why Im getting high off of such a low starting dose?  

Thanks,

Ellen
Your story is a good one. Thanks for sharing it. You used sub as it was intended to be used. You first tried to quit on your own and relapsed a few times. Then you realized that you needed help restructuring your life and habits. That is when you decided that you needed something more and pursued sub as an option.
   I am stressing your progression before you took it. I think where sub is getting a bad rap, is when people are seeking an 'easy' way out and go straight to sub, before at least trying to quit the drugs on their own.
   Thanks for sharing this good story.
ufind,
YES plz call your doctor thats probably way to much for you .I also comend you for being honest about it making you high and choosing not to take more that is a huge thing for an addict .What was your DOC and how much have had you been taking
wrong thread?
hehe,, avis i do that all the time
the most embarassing time, was when i posted something that refered to orgasisms on under the wrong thread
i wish there was a way we could delete or own post
because that was so embarassing, i was talking about the big "o"
it was aweful!!!! but would have made sense if it was on the right thread
xo
lol no its for unfind me post .......