My boyfriend is addicted to crack./cocaine & pain killers.
Okay so, most people probably post about their own addiction.. I am writing due to the fact that my boyfriend has been addicted to crack for 5 years and just recently got into Oxycontin 80 and Dilaudid's. I am not looking for comfort, I know there's probably no way out of this.. I am just looking for some stories related to mine .. to hear about how someone else deals with a situation like this. My boyfriend is a great guy, would take his shirt off his back for a stranger.. but his addiction has gotten out of control. He has a very good job, makes $3,000 a week and still comes out broke because of his addiction. He has a house, vehicle, lots of toys.. but the outstanding drug bills make it impossible for us to enjoy life. He has good days and bad days. Bad days include of him smoking at least 5 grams of crack, when he realizes he spent too much money he turns to the pills.. Most times he will do dilaudids, about 60mg in a night. He's out in camp working which is very long for him because its a dry camp, therefore he cant do the crack... he sneaked in some Oxycontin 80mgs, and done 4 of them yesterday. I'm scared for his life, I am slowly preparing myself for something bad to happen.. To me, I dont understand how someone can handle doing 320 mgs of drugs in a few hours.. anyways if someone could just give me some input on what they think about this I would appreciate it. Thanks
I am sorry you are going through all of this.I doubt that He will stop until things get bad enough to make him believe that this is not worth continuing.Maybe losing some "toys" but I doubt that too.If you are doing anything to help him keep up his habit,and I mean anything,I would stop that right away. All of these possessions and the comfort they are currently providing will mean nothing if this does not get fixed.You may have to just save yourself before you get dragged down with him. I am just curious...what is a dry camp??  
Ricarts words are so true. I know you care for your guy, but he has to reach a bottom of his own and want to stop. Meanwhile, don't let his actions seep into your everyday. I know it sounds selfish, but honestly until he is ready, your just spinning your wheels. Think of it this way, him spiraling  out of control is just him getting closer to wanting out. Be supportive and continue to do research on ways to help him when he's ready. So sorry your going thru this.