Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
My daughter, after Rapid Drug Detox (methadone)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Reading a lot of mixed reviews about rapid detox....getting me scared now. After 4 years of searching for something she would agree to, which was Rapid detox, i thought i had researched everything. THEN, i find this blog. After 17 days, she is doing "okay" but has no energy or appetite and still has cravings but infrequent and not strong. I think i better stay on this blog site and keep people posted and look for "success" measures i can find for her for the 3 things she says does "bug" her a bit...ENERGY, SLEEP, APPETITE...Glad i found this group.
Do they talk to them about recovery care after this is done?
yes they do....unfortunately, where we live there isn't a lot of options for that so i am becoming her support  eyes and ears as much as i can be.
Definitely lots of controversy about rapd detox. It can be dangerous. She is home and safe,that's wonderful. She needs to eat to help build up her energy,small amounts every 1 or 2 hrs ,soups,yogurts,rice,cracjers,fruits.very important she eats.also important to drink  protein shakes,gatorade,milk shakes. Over the counter sleep aids,melotinin,valerian root,alteril,sleep by nature made,sleepy time tea. Exercise will also help with her energy.start with small walks.
Is she counseling?
Her appetite was never great, but she does try and eat something throughout the day....I have her on boost with protient and she has switched her drink of choice from pepsi to Gatoraide. Her exercise...well, not a regular walk or anything but her day to day...walking to and from school and classes, mowing, etc. gives her all she can handle right now. We take one day at a time and i monitor how she feels to see if there is anything i can do to boost positive reactions in her body with suppliments.
not in councilling...i have valerien in her meds.
That's great that she is in school,walking to classes. Keeping herself busy and her mind occupied is a good thing. Boost and gatorade will definitely help. How is she feeling? Better each day?
If there isn't any support groups in your area then counseling would be a help. She needs to talk about her reasons for using in the first place,her emotional baggage. What did she use before she went on the methadone?
Do you have a pastor she could speak with ?

You are doing awesome.I know how hard it is to support,encourage and love your child who is an addict. I am actually taking my daughter to a rehab today.
Good luck to you and your daughter. I know rehab would never have worked with my daughter. She is maintaining her positive attitude and says being around people definately helps take her mind off the drugs. She was injecting dilaudids, hydromorophone and taking sleeping pills and methadone. She hasn't been into a pharmacy yet for anything since we got back. She does eat a little something each day and hope it will improved. I didn't know untill last night that she has been using the sleep aids (over the counter) along with methadone or what ever else she would have for the "high" and not for the sleep. So a lot in her system for years. So I have agreed to keep her on the Valarium for longer. It does help her sleep (but it is not addictive) and not a benzo :) So many parents give up....good for you for hanging in there. :) Let me know how she makes out.