Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
My fiancé says he quit heroin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

My fiancé says he quit heroin

I have caught my fiancé and he admitted to doing heroin for about 2 months.. He says he has stopped and it has been about 2 days now and he also says he is just taking percoset and some anti anxiety and sleeping pills to not go through the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms. I can't tell if there are new needle marks. But he hasn't thrown up or had any withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms at all.. I was just wondering if there I anyway to tell if he is on heroin bc he lies ALOT!
Not if he is taking percocet because it is a opiate as well. so it will turn a drug test positive .I have to tell you heroin is one of the hardest drugs to get off of and stay off of .He is just replacing it right now with three other addictive drugs.The fact that he was shooting it comes with some health risks for you I would go to the doctor and let them know your BF is an IV drug user so they can give you the proper test to make sure you stay healthy .Are you planning on staying with him? If you are I would check out some alnon meetings .Is he planning on getting any recovery care for his addiction .
I am in counceling and getting help from her. Also he has said he is going to get help and first he was going to rehab but we can not find any rehab unless it's at least 1000$ and also he keeps postponeing it so I gave up. I want him to go to some kind of drug counceling as soon as possible but I can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do. So I'm just letting him do what he wants himself. He knows if he needs help he can ask me. It's just hard to believe anything. I don't think going from heroin daily to o e percoset a day is going to do anything for heroin withdrawl (withdrawal). He looks fine and eats and doesn't have any symptoms of heroin withdrawl (withdrawal).
My son is withdrawing from heroin and is having a very painful time of it.  If you fiance is not suffering, I doubt he is withdrawing.
I can tell you I have been going through the same thing for the past year, my now ex fiance has been back and forth off and on heroin for most of his life.  I have learned more then I've cared to about opiates.  He isn't withdrawing because the percs are satisying his drug addiction.  All he has done is subsititue on drug for the other and that's it!  He's not clean and no where near clean.  I know how hard this is and it feels like nobody understands because you love him so much and hope he will one day come around.  I can tell you I have tried everything, none of it worked, the rehab, detox, etc...they will do what they want when they want until they want it for themselves.  I have finally just hired myself a life coach and recently left my ex, whom also happens to be the father of my soon to be 1 year old.  I have to do me or I will be on this rollercoaster for the rest of my life.  The best advise i can give you and know you won't take is leave him until he can help himself.  I know it sounds harsh and hearthless but really you staying with him is only contributing to his addicition and soon his death.  You being by his side make you an enabler.  I know you don't believe you are but you are his crutch, his ambulance.  Do what is right for you girl.  I would give him an ultimatium and if he chooses the drugs let him and go on with your life.  It's crazy, writing this makes me realize just how much I have done for him and put my own happiness on hold for so long.  I have to admit it feels good to finally let go of something so negative in my life.  My ex has good in him but only he can decide when that man is ready to come out and show his face until then he needs to do what he's got to do.  The best advise I was ever given was the 3 C's...I didn't CAUSE his addition, I can't CURE his addiction, and I can't CONTROL it.  You will know when he's truely withdrawing because he's body will feel like he's been hit by a bus, his bones will ache and his pupils will usually enlarge. Best of luck to you, I will be thinking and praying for you as I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy.

Support always,

Carole Ann