Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
My heart is so heavy today~

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

My heart is so heavy today~

There seems to be so much suffering today, we have Vic who has lost a loved one and Lesa who is struggling with her health.  Lets all come together and help with some encouraging words.  There is power in numbers~sara
My heart and prayers are going out to everyone struggling! It's not just words that I say~~
My thoughts and prayers are with you today... Everyone who is going through the storm, Sunny days are ahead..
OHHHHHH! How sweet & thoughtful of you Sarah.
My Prays our out for our Dear Struggling Lesa. She has had a lot of things thrown at her and still continues to not use. That to me is a HERO!!!

I too can us the prays today. The funeral home called and so did hospice. It just made me fall back into the pain again. I will be OK. I am worried about my Mom becasue she says she is afraid of this Month. We lost to many around Christmas. I think she is scared it is her time..I told her NO WAY!!!!!

Bless U All
Sorry to Hear that You guys are struggling and that things aren't going too good. My thoughts are with both of you very helpful and good people .
Why is there so much struggling, lately? I can't blame it all on the holidays! My prayers list is long, and growing by the day!  There IS power in numbers, and hopefully some blessed relief to all of those struggling will arrive soon!
Vic and Lesa, you both are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and keep your head up. There are brighter days in your future.
Beautiful post and I needed to be here. We have another member whose mom passed this morning after a battle with cancer. And I got news that my brother's tumor is cancerous.

My heart is heavy for anyone struggling with their own health or losing someone they loved. Death is so permeant and hard to understand. For those struggling with a loss please keep the good memories close to your heart and allow yourself to grieve. Lesa, keep the faith lady.

Prayers for everyone. GOD Bless.
This forum is a power house and i thank you all~
UGH, IBK! I'm so so sorry. Don't know what to say. You and your brother are also in my prayers. Take care!
Oh IBK, i am so sorry.  You know i love you to the moon and back~

My thoughts and prayers are with the other member who lost their momma~
Let this please be a lesson to us all. Let the people you love know that you love them. Don't wait. Don't let petty differences separate you. Life and struggles happen, and happen quickly. Please don't regret that you didn't tell someone how much you care, and love them.
Our MedHelp family is just the BEST!!!

When one of us (or many of us) are suffering....our hearts become heavy and we feel helpless.....BUT we can be here for you thru the processing of the pain and the grief and the anger.....we can listen...we can hold you close....we can assure you that you never have to walk alone.

Endings and beginnings are such an inevitable part of life....but we are CLEAN today....and we can FEEL today.....and we are here for each other.
For that, I am truly grateful~
The name for this thread is Strength~
IBK... you and your brother are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and each other. Strength, peace, and love your way.
My thoughts and prayers go out to whoever needs strength, healing, courage, peace and love.
We are an amazing group of people here!
There are many who are struggling right now, I agree...I wish strength for all of us during this time of year and if anyone needs to talk...I'm here.

IBK- I'm sorry to hear about your brother; it's always devastating to hear you have cancer...BUT, it's not always time for goodbyes...  

Be brave and optimistic everyone!
I don't know if many of you will remember but exactly a year ago, Sara made close to the same post.  
There were several of us going through a rough time.  The reason I remember is because a close family friend had passed away.  I was saddened and concerned for his wife.  He passed on Dec.2nd.  Well she passed away yesterday.  She became sick in the summer and kept getting the run around.  Long story short, they were supposed to operate on a brain tumour they had discovered, but then found out it was infection and nothing they could do.  She died within a few days.  They want to do an autopsy because they are a little baffled.
I remember the support being given out then and it's still being given out in full force.
You are all in my prayers especially those who are going through such sad times.
I remember you telling about that.  I am so sorry to hear this.  How are you doing with all of it?
I pray for all of you in all your different situations. I pray that you have continued strength and hopefulness. You ladies are all very strong and wonderful people and you show others through your actions of staying clean no matter what how to deal with adversity with class. Praying that it gets better! ♥

I'm okay.  I am more worried about my mother.  She was very close to her and they used to talk daily.
Thanks for asking Sara and for remembering.
Just throwing in my support as well.  I'm praying for all of you, each going through your own difficult struggle.  Sarah is right, there is strength in numbers.  I hope all of you going through a rough time will lean on others for support, both in real life and here.

Much love to all.  XOXO
I've never known what to say at times like this. Just know my prayers are with you all. May God Bless and give you comfort.
I'm so sorry to read of all your struggles, strength in numbers is right! Sending my thoughts and prayers as always, love and respect to all of you.
My thoughts are with everyone who is struggling and I am sending hope, strength and love.  And to Lesa with special emphasis, all the best to you and I will be thinking of you, you have been so kind to me lately ...
I often pray for the people on this forum, for the struggles and for all the good you all do.  I am sorry for those struggling with loss and grief and for those with health issues.  And I'll ask for prayers asmi am struggling with health issues.  I've been diagnosed with a brain aneurysm.  I'm hoping to get some news this week but I'm scared, mostly because of my kids and my dad, who's struggling with health issues and I'm seeing more dementia and it's so hard to see.  I hope and pray that 2014 will bring all of us health and happiness.  This time of year can be rough and when you lose someone, it makes it even harder.  My prayer list is growing but there is strength in group prayer and good thoughts.
Strength to all who are struggling in whatever way that might be. It's so hard at the holidays too. I wish you all continued healing.
Dec 12th will be 2 years since my mom passed at age 55 from cancer.

It's a hard time of year for many it seems. <3 <3

Praying for strength and peace for all of my Mh friends.
OH LORD!! WE PRAY TO THOSE WHO HAVE HEALTH ISSUES!! May you put your hand on them and heal them..PLEASE!

TO ALL that have lost loved ones may we keep them alive in our memories.
May all of this make us all STRONGER..WE are survivors.

To The World and the Homeless..Please feed them and keep them warm!!

AMEN!! To the POWER OF PRAYER...
I hope all who are struggling get some comfort soon.
This forum is very close to my heart and I have kept up with many folks over the past few years.

Every one who lurks, posts, or participates in any manner is included in my prayers each and every day and I will continue to do so.

Guard Up!
To all who are struggling in some sort of way, i hope that you can find peace and comfort.  I really stink at what to say, so all i can share is that i am thinking of you all and know that we are a FAMILY!!!  Folks, us addicts are real special people, we are fighters and lovers and survivors!!!!!
To my precious Vic!!  You have such a special place in my heart my girl. You are truly a hero and mentor to me!   You have been through so much and God has carried you through.  I know it's been a tough road.  Praying for you.  Praying for your mom too!!    Love you (to the one who named me)
SmilingBright
Thank you Sarah.. Thank you Everybody.. We are all in this together, I'm so appreciative.. I'm so very sorry to read of all the loss of the suffering.. Of your Brothers Diagnosis Bonnie and V your Dad and all you are going thru so many of us Sara even Cali is wounded.. There are others worse off then I'm. My sister told me the other day if this next cancer meds makes her feel sick for more then 2 days she is stopping She has been fighting stage 4 for over 4 years now.. she is tired.. There are others that are worse off then I. I know this and my Prayers go out... For myself I do not know, I do not know much lately but as time plays out I'm sure I will know more.. Thank you everybody once again for showing just how Awesome our MH family is.. Love you Sara Thank you.. lesa
I'm so sorry for you both, for you all who struggle right now. I lost my dad 5 years ago-unexpectedly, he was only 54. My mom had cancer for the third time and it's incur able. I know it's so hard for all of us, but so nice to have a family here. Xoxoxo prayers.
Oh my God, I love you people so much.

Vic, Lesa, IBK, ......enveloping you and yours in healing thoughts of love and peace.  I'm so sorry for all of you who are experiencing such pain and
hardship right now.  This time of year makes the wounds that much more
exposed and raw.  We shall all hang tight together and weather the
wretched season.  If we all huddle close and hold each other up, the journey will be that much easier to get through. Keep the faith, your hearts
will be light once again.
much love, hope, peace and unstoppable uber strength.
xo
I want to send a shout out to Blucrystal also.  If you are reading this i hope you are feeling better.  I am still looking for that perfect butterfly~
so many struggles, pain and hurt.... i want to throw in my support to each one of you that is hurting today too...i love this forum, i love the people, i love you....
I feel what u feel. My Mom passed in '03. There are times that I still sit here and cry. I talk to her & tell her I miss n love her. I even apologize to her cause of the unhappiness she told me about when I was 20 y/o. It really hurts.
Great post Sonrissa...You said it all.
God, I read every single post and I am so blessed to be a part of such a loving, supportive great group of people. I want to send love, hope and strength to IBK and Lesa. And as I read all the other posts, to everyone else who is going through losing a loved one, the strength to carry on. I also have a story. My dear father-in-law died on 11/21/13. He had a heart attack. He was an invalid for years, but had a great personality.  Then my beloved Chihuaha Scootchie died 2 months ago at the age of 13. Now, my husband has been diagnosed with something..I can't think of the name, but he went for an upperGI on 11/12/12 and the Dr. said he has pre-cancerous cells in there. He is on a lot of meds for it. We are both very scared because the Dr. said if after 2 weeks of a bunch of meds, he doesn't get any better...who knows? Surgery to remove the tumors? But I kinda have a coping mechanism, that puts all bad things in a place in my brain, and I never think of them. Until someone or something triggers it out again. I guess I used this for so many years, to just put things away that I don't want to think about, which is a lot.
But VIC, I couldn't have said it better. You'd make a good preacher. May God keep us all in his loving arms through this holiday season. Keep us strong oh Lord, let us think of the "good" in everyone we have loved and lost, and those that are suffering. Please keep us strong Lord to never give us more than we can handle. God Bless us all!!  Guards up for sure!
My heart goes out to you too.  Sending strength your way~
Oh dear Kat......Prayers out warrior woman!  I wish I could share the burden with you....so sorry you and your love are being tried right now.
Healing prayers and hopefilled expectations your way.  hugs and much love xo
So sorry for all the difficulties going around.  I'm sending prayers and love to all who are suffering.  I hope 2014 is better!!
AMEN!! Now I just found out there is nothing more they can do for my Moms Cancer..The DR gave her like 3 months..I Know she is a fighter. It is time for me to step back and give this ALL to God and let others come in and help around here like Hospice..Shoot I have not even put me Dad to rest yet..The Funeral home just called..OH LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!
Thank You IBK, I know your post was in reference to my moms passing. I know some of you may not know me or my story but long story short, my mom passed away on Dec. 2nd after a 2 year long battle with stage 4 lung cancer. It was a very very difficult time but she was home with us around her and it was peaceful! I know she's not in pain anymore! Anyways, I know all of the people here give such amazing support and its so important to reach out during all the tough times we all have!! I know I'm not on much because talking care of my mom required a lot of my attention but I know I always had the support and love of my MH friends and that means the world to me!

My heart goes out to all of you who's hearts are heavy right now and just know you have ppl there!

IBK I'm so sorry to hear about ur Brother! I will say a prayer for him!!

Oh and PS, I am still clean and sober even through all of this! :)
TNT???????  Is that YOU??????????  I have missed you girl...!!!!!

So sorry about your Mama.......I've thought of both of you so often.

I loved your P.S...........so PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
(((HUGS)))))
Me
Like they say "life shows up" so we use what we"ve learned,we lean on the good people we"ve met,we pray,and people pray for us,we make it.