Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
N/A meetings

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

N/A meetings

Hi all! I have a question. ...I am starting my ct off 11 years of 3 up to 10 lortab a day. I know how and why I got addicted, and I know why I need to quit. I don't have access to any pills, and have no desire to go sneaking about to get some...but I know mentally its going to be a struggle. ...would N/A meetings help? I am seeing a therapist, or is this just something I need to power thru day by day by day? Please help if anyone has any answers....thanks

For me, therapy is where I let the rats of the attic and learned to deal with the root of my problem. NA/AA meetings are where I learn to deal with life on life's terms. I found I needed both to help me to stay clean.

The fellowship is also where I have made new friends..clean friends. It is the place I get humble and remain accountable for my addiction.

Here is the link to find meetings near you:

http://portaltools.na.org/portaltools/MeetingLoc/

If nothing else, give it a shot. Go to a few different meetings and see if one clicks for you.

Let us know how you make out.
NA could not hurt. I do definitelly recommend you do it under doctor's supervission...
I haven't told my pain doc yet, I've been doing it on my own...I am going to call monday for an appointment. ...I know he knows im an addict, but, to say those words to him is very scary! He always goes on and on about how tough I am, so scared to tell him im not strong, im a disappointment....im an addict! WTF? Its my biggest fear to be honest because I don't want to disappoint anyone...but...I will get clean! I will survive this! Thanks for the info!
Thanks for the link...I will do some research..I will keep u posted..hee hee..get it? Okay..it was lame, but I tried :)
Posted...got it and I am lol Hey, we gotta maintain that sense of humor, right?
Irishann... please don't beat yourself up just cause you are an addict... Try NA, there I learned to change how I look at the whole thing... Good luck to ya.. and check that link that ibeekleen posted... It will do you good.

Good luck.

PS.. IBKleen LOL your nic says all about having a sense of humor. YES we have to have it...