Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
NEED HELP !!!!! First time withdrawal- IN HELL !!! PLEASE < PLEASE ...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

NEED HELP !!!!! First time withdrawal- IN HELL !!! PLEASE &lt; PLEASE HELP !!

Please , please help. I was prescribed fentanyl 25 mcg patch 1 yr and 9 months ago for chronic bone pain. Lost 130 plus pounds in 1 year and went downhill physically, emotionally and every way.
I went off the patch myself on 9.21.12, and it has been PURE HELL ever since.
My  pain doctor - a licensed physician- refused to even see me on how to detox. Told me to go home, take 4 Vicodin a day, and 4 xanax a day and that was it.
I do not know what to expect! I am under  care of primary care doctor who knows my medicine detox regime, but I am suffering from HORRIBLE ANXIETY. Literally cannot sleep, sit sit, etc. I pace around 24/7 unless asleep. IS THIS NORMAL??  Does anyone know the stages of when this ANXIETY HELL, as well as the physical symptoms will subside??
I REALLY, REALLY need help !! I am ISOLATED, no one to talk to, and the pain doc is not helping me at all !!
I am having to do this ALONE, with no one who know what I am going through. What is Normal in Fentanyl detox?
How long will this HELL LAST?? Anyone know?
Please, please help !  I am at the end of the barrel here.
God BLESS anyone who will help .
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Why wouldn't your pain doc help you???
Were you doing everything he advised? Yes, all that hell is normal and that's why people are advised NOT to do it like that. Wait for someone more knowledgeable than I to answer but in the meantime you go to the E.R. if it gets too bad! Did you research it before you just jumped off like that? I feel for you, I really do.
Yes, Bless you for answering. My pain doc knew I was going off like that. He told me what to take, but when I went to his office the next day, he put me with a Phy. Asst who said I would be fine, and just keep to 4 Vicodin a day and 4 xanax a day. I told him I was coming out of my skin. They KNEW what hell I was in , and the actual MD would not even see me that day.
( note: I found out in last week that they were investigated by the DEA and put on probation!! )
I had to go off the patch- checked with the pain doc first- said to do it like I did it, and see him next day. I did all they asked. The MAIN symptom is the HORRIBLE ANXIETY !! The only relief I have is sleeping about 1 hour here and there in a 24 hour period. I am only  getting 4 hours of sleep a day in all.
I did do a lot of research before going off. I was literally dying with all the massive weight loss, stomach problems, and I have adrenal tumors ( benign, Thank GOD) . At urging of family , I had to go off. I was going to die if not.
Can someone tell me what the withdrawal timeline is? what are some of the symptoms of withdrawing off this?  I am now off the patch for almost 12 days. I will NEVER They are frightened too. I need so much help here on what to expect.  
BLESS YOU ALL, and anyone who will help me on this. I really, really need to talk to someone who has been through this. My primary doc is not a detox/pain doctor. But, he is a good , compassionate doctor who ran an EKG to see I was ok, ( all OK).
Anyone who can help me with this is such a BLESSING> Thank GOD I found all of you.
so sorry, I meant to say, I will NEVER , ever trust another doctor to tell me something like this is safe and safe to get off of- or I would have never taken it. I do not drink or abuse rec drugs.

This is LIVING HELL!!!  I need someone to talk to who knows- so sorry for repeating myself- and I have never been like this in my entire life !! I am 50 plus years old, and just saw my life slip away on the patch.
Hi there- Welcome and I hope we can help. I need to ask you a few questions: Are you taking the Vicodin and Xanax? You are completely off the patch since 9/21?  

Detoxing from fentanyl is just a bear! Usually folks taper because it's less of a shock to the body.  Let is know a little more and maybe we can suggest a few things.

Please know that we don't function as medical experts here so any suggestion is purely anecdotal. I think we can help though!

Hello-there are so many people on this forum with experience that have used the patch.It does help to hear from anyone just to know your not alone so know I am reading the boards and listening.....Your anxiety sounds like a panic attack your PCP did an EKG to make shure your stable.Sounds like that was ok.....you are having acute withdrawal and what your experiencing are what almost everyone has been trough.I'm reading your posts.Your not alone.
I am so sorry you are going through this.I cold turkeyed off 50 mcg .it was hell ! My doc gave me a 6 mo. Taper plan that I did not want to follow.(I'm very stubborn).anxiety was one of the biggest symptoms forme also.although if you are on vcoding and xanax you shouldn't feel like this for to much longer. I think maybe you might giving yourself a panic attack.this may sound weird but tell your self soothing words if you can get out then keep your self very busy if not keep your mind occupied with tv movies ect. I'm following you also ...
I understand what your feelin, I'm going through withdrawal myself... I would suggest you either go to the ER, or get another dr. to help you through this. we have all tried using what we could to ease withdrawals, like the thomas recipie, vitamans,  the amino acid protocol,ect.. it sounds like your anxiety is through the roof. I sat at this computer around the clock. through the first couple of weeks. the good news is your over 1/2 way there. I never did the patch ,but I had alot of mgs in my system.I used benedryl to sleep and it helped. you'll get more support here just keep posting. we definately would like to support you in any way we can.
Sorry you're suffering.  I came off Fentanyl with a taper (not from my pain doc; they didn't want me to come off) and it was really hard.  It's one of the harder narcotics to come off.  I don't have experience with Xanax but it's not safe to CT.

I don't know that the ER will help you.  My ER wasn't going to help me when I was in withdrawal due to a stomach bug.  They gave me some IV Ativan, which didn't help much.  I don't think the Vicodin will do much for you.

I'd suggest your primary care.  Maybe she can taper you with a narcotic that's stronger than Vicodin but not as bad as Fentanyl.  My primary care doctor now manages my pain for me.  She is a big believer in a slow taper, really slow, for her patients that have chronic pain.

Staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do when in withdrawal, either CT or with a taper.  Getting dehydrated makes everything a hundred times worse.

Valerian root helped me with the anxiety and I found Alteril better than plain old Melatonin.

Just my opinion, but most doctors don't really know what withdrawal feels like.  And even when we do our research, it's hard to know what's right.  (I let them try me on Nucynta and slept 10 to 20 minutes a day/night for ELEVEN days, the whole time with the pain clinic telling me it was normal.  I was so agitated and pacing, talking fast ... later I found out that I was only the second patient they had on it (it's not used much in this area.)  I had terrible bone pain with it as well.

Being on the Xanax, it's tough getting around as far as getting anything prescription for sleep in the short run.  Sleepy Time Tea works great as well, but not sure if you're able to keep stuff down.

Just so you know you're not alone, out of all the meds I was prescribed, I found Fentanyl changed so much about me.  It's a tough drug.  Keep posting.
Thank you so much!! What amazing, and wonderful people are here!! I am so grateful . I went completely off the 25 mcg fentanyl patch on 9.21.12. I immediately augmented ( per doctor instruction ) with 6 ea of 7.5/500 Vicodin - divided into 1/2's every two hours/ along with .5 Xanax every two hours at the same time. The total Vicodin I take per day is 45mg ; the total Xanax I take per day is 6 mg. I take them in 1/2 increments every two hours. Usually, the Xanax will stop the Horrible ANXIETY. But, the anxiety is so, so bad all day- until about 10-11 pm ( when it has accumulated in my body, then I feel like I want to drop off to sleep in exhaustion.)
Getting about 4 hours of sleep per day- in about 1 hour increments every 4-5 hours.
Welcome....new one!  I do not have any experience w/the patch, but totally relate to your feelings and symptoms.
I was twitching so bad, couldn't sit still for even a full minute, people at my aftercare group were actually moving away from me because they couldn't stand my "tweaking" (which was a new term to me.....guess methamphetamine users and people who haven't lived in a tomb for 6 yrs know that term..... tweaking).  I'm the one who feels like she has been in a tomb for, well, maybe 4 years.
I am still not GETTING to sleep very well, but sleeping good when I do.
I still have zero energy, weird smells and tastebuds. (lost lots of weight, too and my hubby says I didn't even have a rearend anymore!)  Such problems LOL   I just flat out ruined so many bodily functions (even tho I took pain pills for legit pain).  
Doesn't matter, got addicted and am dealing with how SLOW my body is healing.  In all fairness to our bodies, we can't abuse them for days, months, years....and expect them to bounce back in 30 days!  
I keep telling myself that and have read that writing on all your mirrors "Baby Steps" or "Progress not perfection" might help.  We will all heal differently due to our history, health and circumstances.....but we are here for you whenever you need to talk, think outloud, need encouragement, whatever.
I started weaning from 30 tabs (10 mg) of lortab and 3 wks later was at 10 (10 mg)/day.  I had an ambulance trip to the ER and they just let me lay there for 3 hrs while waiting for blood work to be completed.  Wouldn't even give me water till the bloodwork came back. (and the nurse that drew my blood left it in my ER room....forgot to send it to the lab........geesh)  Said "my panic attacks", anxiety, and inability to breath was all in my head!  The only thing they gave me after 3 hrs+ laying on the table, freezing, shaking and screaming at everyone was one (1) lousy xanex .5

You are doing so good.......and you won't have regrets about this choice you have made!
Blessings to you newone!
Connie
I am THANKING GOD and JESUS that all of you are SO wonderful to help me !!!!  Tears are in my eyes with gratitude. Everyone here has been such a Blessing and given so much wonderful advice.
I am praying that this HORRIBLE ANXIETY ends soon!!!

Does anyone know an approximate timelime on when the anxiety will go away?

i know it is a process-
I just had to tell all of you how HUMBLY GRATEFUL I am to have you here to help me. I am never one to ask for help, but , in the pit of this hell, i really need you all- and you all are here. I THANK GOD and JESUS for all of you!!!

Thank you , thank you, thank you.......... Forever from my Heart and Soul, THANK YOU !!!
BTW, my "pain pusher doctor" NEVER gave me a WITHDRAWAL timeline, medicine plan or ANYTHING to help me come off this demon patch.!!!!

If not for all the information I am getting here from all of you BLESSED ONE's , I do not know what I would do.

He left me with NO medical supervision on this, he just got mad that I was getting off the demon patch and would no longer be contributing to his income!!!    
You all are right about the ER- they just leave you there with nothing for hours, tell you to go home, and never address the issue of withdrawal. I have been to the ER twice in the month of september and all I got was some saline and a little BP pill , an EKG to make sure my heart was ok, and sent home. No help at all .
Did they give you clonidine in the ER? If so, it's actually very helpful. I would take that. Some people swear by it as a huge help taming all these symptoms, even the anxiety.

You should begin to feel better in a few days. You're taking A LOT of Xanax so that has to help...

Be sure you're eating properly and getting all your vitamins in. Also, sleep is very important for healing our central nervous system. That's where this is coming from....

Try to stay calm and keep posting! You're doing fine and you're right where you should be in the process.
How you doing tonight?  Just re-read the posts above.  So if I read correctly you are totally off the patch for 13 days but taking vics and xanex?

Hope you'll have a FIRM plan for those......and will be able to get off of those safely when the time comes.  Since I had already w/drawn from xanex by the time I went off hydrocodone, soma m.relaxer, and my anti-depressant, I had to deal with my anxiety in any natural way I could.

One thing that worked for me was a large hot pad and I could just put it on my chest, breath deeply, wait.....and wait.....and eventually I could calm down.  I know you probably already know.....but if you have a taper plan in place for the vics and xanex, that will help you keep moving in the right direction and not just get used to taking them instead of the patch.  I would love it if I could take xanex......still have panic attacks and anxiety chest issues, rapid heartbeat, etc. but I had a personal desire to get off every single Rx for once in a very long time and just see where I was physically, emotionally and spiritually.  I need a baseline, if you will.
I had changed the "type" of antidepressant (AD) I was on many, many times in a 10 yr period, but just decided to find out what I'm like NOW.
Still finding out!!  The strangest things create anxiety in me.  Tells me a lot about myself, too. That was my own personal decision to do this BTW.
Keep on keepin on.........we're here for you
Feeding my spirit by reading 3 diff things every day also helps to remind me I am powerless, He is not, IF I let Him.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!! This is so helpful to hear that I am on the right path. I am now 13 days into detox with vicodin and xanax , and am NOT going back on ANY meds in future.I want off all pain meds, and want to get my body back to a Natural state that GOD made me with in the beginning.
It is SO COMFORTING to know that all of you are telling me I am going to be ok- I need that SO badly right now! Bless You ALL !!

I am planning on tapering off the Vicodin and xanax  SLOWLY after I get to a point in the detox where I can taper down safely- and do it very SLOWLY and carefully. It is a process. IT has been SHEER HELL- SHEER HELL. But, everyone keeps telling me each day off the demon patch is ONE DAY CLOSER TO A NORMAL LIFE>  I pray this is coming true  !!!  

Please let me know if this is coming to a close. If anyone knows about how much longer on the withdraw timeline I have, I would love to hear. It just helps me to keep up HOPE that all is going to get better.

Thank you, thank you , THANK YOU ALL for being here for me- You are all ANGELS sent by GOD !!!!
Thank you vicki to let me know that I am where I should be in the process- that helps sooooo much!!

I am just SO SCARED and wanting this to be OVER with soon, and the Horrible suffering to stop.  Bless You
hey Friend,
If you read over some of my old posts you would see that the anxiety monster was the toughest part for me. Yes, it was horrrible. What got me thrrough it is reading this forum and believing people when they said it would end, even when I thought it wouldn't, i trudged onward, and it did. SOme days the anxiety alone was so bad I couldn't take my head off the couch pillow, let alone answer a phone or a doorbell. I just hunkered down and watched tv and when it got a little better, some household chores, and when I really trduged, then a little walk aroudn the block.

The anxiety is terrible, but it ends, and when it ends you are left with a new life for yourself.

I tapered from a huge amount of oxy and vicodin. The good side of tapering is that you don't get those horrible first 3 days symptoms as badly, the physical ones. You still get RLS, and sleeplessness and some diarrhea, but not like CT gives you, so that is the up side, but the down side to tapering is that the whole time you are tapering the anxiety monster is there. In my opinion the best way to do it if you possibly can is jump off CT. The first days will be extra rough but you won't be dragging out the anxiety more than it has to be.

Whichever road you take, it can be done. I am on day 105 today and I have a new wonderful life.

hugs,
Lily
Hi newone, hope you are feeling better. I haven't taken fentanyl, so I'm no help with specific advice.  However, to find others that have posted about fentanyl, type "fentanyl withdrawal" in the Search This Community box in the upper corner of this web page.  You will get lots of stories about fentanyl.
Stay strong!
I am getting a bigger window of anxiety relief- THANK GOD- on the taper as each day goes on. I am only on 6 Vicodin in a 24 hour period . Total of 45 mg per 24 hours. Total of 6 mg of Xanax in a 24 hour period. I have been on and off Xanax for 20 years prior to withdrawal of fentanyl on sept 21.

What is scaring me MOST now- is that what will be taper off the Vicodin and Xanax be? I was normally prescribed for 20 years , 1 MG xanax per 24 hours ( 3 total). I had some days prior to w/draw, where I took 3-4 Xanax a day, then the next day I took 2 Xanax and the next day, I took only one and some days, did not take any at all. I did not have any bad side effects.
I was also taking 4 Vicodin a day, and some days - PRIOR to W/D- would take only 3 Vicodin a day, or 4 or 5 at MOST. So, my WITHDRAW program is not far off from what I was PRIOR to fetanyl use ( been on patch for 1 year and 9 mos at 25 mcg).
I am not on a large, large dose of either Vicodin or Xanax for W/D.

I am so , so scared  of the horrors of going off the taper meds, and terrified, now that I am getting some relief for the first time in 13 days, to go off CT.

What should I do??????  With the amounts I am taking above, how bad is this going to be?  Does anyone Know??? Please let me know. Please....
I am pm'ing you

hugs,
Lily
You have already made great progress just focus on today...... hugs!
One thing at a time, dear.  Get through this, and then you can start tackling one or the other when you're feeling stronger.  You don't have to be a hero.  

When the time comes, if you do a VERY slow and very deliberate taper, it shouldn't be as bad as you're imaging.  The Vicodin w/d willl probably look like child's play compared to the Fentanyl.  Fentanyl is MUCH stronger.  The worst thing with the Xanax will probably be the anxiety, which again, you can deal with that later.  Let yourself do one thing at a time...don't start getting yourself more anxious thinking of what's to come with the other meds.  Don't worry about that right now.

You're doing amazing!
oh you poor poor baby.  i cant answer how long the fentanyl withdrawal lasts but i do know someone that got addicted by a bogus doctor.  they took it together... he is in jail i think.  after thaf she went to a doctor who is helping her. he said he never heard of anyone taking as much as she had been taking.  she still carries glass vials of morphine in her purse to taper down.  she says they do nothing for her, but she is under the supervision of a good doctor and is reducing.  i just know from her that fentanyl is THE MOST AWFUL DRUG EVER.  it is taking her years to get off, so you must be going thru absolute hell as you say.   i dont think you need to worry about tapering off your vicodin and valium.  i mean, do taper off as soon as you can but compared to fentanyl, it will be a piece of cake.  

i am having my own addiction decisions and fears here, but i am glad i read your post and hopefully be just one more person in your life that is here and cares.  i am proud of you.  keep it up.  oh, one last thing.  lack of sleep is a serious problem.  perhaps i psychiatrist could give you something.  i take klonapin for ten years now .  same amount.  had insomnia since childhood and now can sleep.  my shrink takes not sleeping very seriously, so i pass that info on to you.  prayers for you and all of us....
On DAY 16!!!  DOES anyone at all have a Timeline  as to when things will get better??     I know it varies from person to person.  I am noticing a few precious breaks in the horrible pacing around the house.

I feel like a person that is a new-born. I feel like I am having to re-learn how to eat, keep fluids down, bathe, wash my hair and clothes, even down to going to the bathroom !

Still having trouble with going out- but I am FORCING myself each day to
bathe, eat, drink, stay hydrated, take the taper meds ( I keep a detailed log), even a log of foods I eat.  

I am forcing myself to reach out to people- and that is so hard- as I was used to being very self-sufficient, and I was the one there for everyone else. Never there for myself. Guess that is how I descended into this situation. I never really took care of me. I took care of everyone else and their needs- ALL my Life.

You all are so wonderful to give help and support on here.

If Anyone knows a good TIMELINE of what and when to expect the PHYSICAL parts of this withdraw to end ( like the muscle cramps, severe anxiety, off sleep schedule, etc) to END, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know !!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL and Thank you from my Heart. Love to you ALL>

hello, it  should get better in about two weeks. good luck. you can do this
thank you so much! is that about two weeks from now? Is that for just the physical symptoms or most of the anxiety? So sorry to ramble- having a major panic moment now. I also noticed that my sleep schedule is getting really strange. some times in last day , my body just wants to drop off and sleep earlier and earlier.
Is that part of the normal withdraw process?

I am afraid of that sleepiness, but I have to give in to it- so tired, as in the beginning, I was getting only about 2 HOURS of sleep a day. Now, I am able to get about 4- 5 hours of sleep a DAY in short bursts.

Is all of this part of the process? LORD, I HATE that that stupid doctor did not tell me ANYTHING about what to expect!!  That is why I am SO GRATEFUL to all of you who are helping me through this.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!

Please let me know.

Is that 2  weeks for both physical and anxiety from NOW?

The doctor who put me on this told me NOTHING about what to expect- and I am soooo scared.

Thank you all!!!  

Please let me know if anyone at all has gone off this demon patch of fentanyl. I really do not know what to expect and and trying sooo hard to hold onto hope that this will end !!!

Thank you everyone. thank you . Please keep posting, you ALL are a LIFELINE> for me.

Hi newone...I know it's so hard to dig deep and hang in there when your body is fighting you every step of the way...and the lack of sleep is just so hard...its something so essential and its just not there in the beginning..but you've made it 16 days....that's so good! I Know its easier said than done, but if you look back to day 2 or 3...are you feeling any better?

I'm sorry I don't have any specific answers in regards to fentanyl...just keep going and posting and getting support...it's so much easier when you don't feel alone!
Thank u snowflake. I really needed that encouragement. If only I can see a light at end of tunnel, it makes it more understandable.
so, I guess it takes about 3-4 weeks to get to any sort of level- off state with this taper down?
Thank you so much Brightfuture. This means the world to me. I am counting the days and minutes of the day to get this out of my body.

I am a little better off, I PRAY, than last week. At least, my  sleep has increased to average 4-5 hours of sleep a DAY. That was better than the 2-3 hours per day in the first week.
Oh, GOD !! I WANT MY LIFE BACK !!! Have a beautiful child and husband I   love so much and want to be back with them so BADLY. I want to be there for them, to be a part of their lives. In the past 3 plus months- before I took off the demon drug patch, I was just sleeping, withdrawing and not doing anything- not bathing , or eating or taking even basic care of myself. still having to force myself to bathe, eat, stay with fluids, sleep , PRAY EXTRA HARD, and ask for help from all of you wonderful ,wonderful messengers of  hope.

As I said earlier, ALL of you are a wonderful LIFELINE- Please keep posting. I look all the time for all of your great advice and support. Love to ALL.
DEAR GOD !!! Does ANYONE know when this will end ??

Does anyone out there have any experience with the fentanyl patch and how long the withdrawal time is. Even though I am on the start of day 17, the actual detox period is only about 14 days from the time the demon drug left my system.

PLEASE, PLEASE anyone who knows ANYTHING about this patch , please , please let me know.

I cannot thank you all enough for all the support. I would never have made it without you and GOD.

how are you doing today, newone?  i just re-read all your posts and could see you were suffering badly, although i did see your sleep was starting to return.  you have been posting a lot and looks like you didnt yesterday, so i am worried about you.  what is going on?  hope you are ok.
Thank you hafta- so much. Yes, last night and this morning I had a really bad time with the runs, and had to break down and take immodium for first time. It seems to have helped stop it for now.
With IBS, I usually have constipation, so I was hoping that maybe the toxins were getting out of my system quicker this way.

Still staying very, very hydrated with lots of water and gatorade. Found out I was taking too much applejuice, which probably contributed.

As a very  WISE , and MOST wonderful , caring ANGEL I know,  said,:  I KEEP telling myself  , " PEAKS AND VALLEYS, PEAKS AND VALLEYS" with this detox process.

PRAYING SOOO HARD this is coming to the end of the really bad symptoms. still a lot of muscle aches, but getting a tad more sleep is such a BLESSING.

IF anyone at all knows a good link to a FENTANYL PATCH  WITHDRAW TIMELINE, PLEASE< PLEASE let me know.

I just really like to know what I am up  against, as the monster doctor who put me on this horrible thing, TOLD ME NOTHING.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS OF THE TIMELINE for withdraw. It would help SOOOO MUCH !!!
Hey hon, its snowflake.......you can do this, sweeite! I am soo proud of you!!!!!!!!!!keep up the hard work....your almost half way there!!!!!! please emal me if you need to. peace
I sent you a pm earlier and hope you got it.  I'm having a few computer issues myself.  I wish there was a timeline for you but everyone is different.  I had a very hard time with it but this board helped me tremendously (and a big shout out to Vicki; my angel!!!)  She put up with relentless questions from me.

I still personally think that the Vicodin you're taking isn't helping and if you dumped them you'd be no worse off.  They don't even compare to Fentanyl.  Can your primary care doc help?  I know you don't trust your pain doc and I don't blame you.  I'm still suspicious of pain docs, though I do trust my primary care and she has been immensely helpful to me.

The imodium (immodium) may help some of the withdrawal symptoms as well.  Also, have you tried the Valerian Root for anxiety?  It worked fairly well for me, though it has a terrible smell when you open the bottle but thankfully no bad taste.

You will get through this.  Try working it a minute at a time if you have to and try not to look at the big picture.  I know it's hard to do.  Any pool or jacuzzi near you?  I think that would help the anxiety as well as some of the withdrawal symptoms.

Doctors need to be more forthcoming about all drugs when prescribing them but I was never told how tough Fentanyl would be to come off.
I see you all ready got many answers and that's wonderful ! I will only add that trust us when we tell you that you will be fine in time . We all have gone threw what you are to one extreme or the other and it ***** ! But I promise you  that you will wake up one morning and you  will jump for joy as it will be gone ! I Trust us ..Jimmy
just looked up withdrawal symptoms and nausea is listed for fentanyl.  you poor thing.  it sounds awful..hope you feel better soon.
Thank you so much!! Right now, I am experiencing really bad nausea, for the first time and I am 17 days off patch. I have some zofran and took 1/2 a few hours ago, slept about an hour.
DO you have any ideas that may help the nausea go away??? I am sooo afraid of throwing up. a Morbid fear of that.
trying to eat each time I take the meds , just something with bread and protein in it.

Please , Please HELP if you have any ideas!!

Noticed I also have more flu like symptoms than before. Is this also part of the process?/ ALL of your advice is SO HELPFUL.
GOD BLESS!!
I just wanted to see how you were doing.....it does seem as if the withdrawals have subsided a bit for you. that is good. I haven't taken my methadone in almost two days, but it takes around 3 days after you stop taking it to begin feeling the withdrawal.
Thank you  ALL SO MUCH !!! This is so helpful. So, I am on day 20 . It is getting better. Had food poisoning and diverticulitis over the weekend- and that was SHEER HELL . But , took lots of water and hydrated, and cleaned out- it helped by Monday AM.

I know I did not get into this overnight, and it will take time to ease up. I think my body is trying so hard to get used to the very, very low dose of vicodin that is trying to pick up the w/d slack. But, the xanax is helping to do what it needs to do and getting more sleep- THANK GOD.

One of the HARDEST things is learning how to be HUMAN again. Just keeping up with regular eating, bathing, moving around, trying to talk to people, that is so overwhelming, especially with the PHYSICAL symptoms of coming off that demon patch. I HAD NO IDEA that that POWERFUL drug had soooo much control over me for so long. It just crept up and took over. A part of me honestly did not know it was even happening. I feel into an AWFUL rut of not living my life at all !!!

so, the process starts to become HUMAN AGAIN. That in itself is scary.

Add to the issue that I cannot get to PCP to help answer all my questions about HOW LONG this is going to take, and it makes it worse.

PLEASE KEEP POSTING if anyone knows about HOW LONG it takes to start to feel SOMEWHAT HUMAN AGAIN????  in w/d.

All of you are wonderful and GOD BLESS YOU ALL for all the excellent advice.  LOVE to all, and hope to hear from You ALL SOON!

"One of the HARDEST things is learning how to be HUMAN again" This is so true. I keep thinking wow this is how sober people feel all the time?! haha.

There is no magic time and it's all done. The process is slow and comes in waves. You are better today, than day 10, right? It can only get better. Don't stop and keep up your guard.

Can anyone Share with me many of the PHYSICAL symptoms of withdrawal? Like , I am having sweats still, cramps, runny nose, etc.

Can anyone share some of their physical symptoms??????

Would Love to HEAR FROM all of YOU GREAT FOLKS ON HERE!!!!

When I was tapering off the Fentanyl, my symptoms were overwhelming, even with the taper.  I had terrible nausea and vomiting and wound up dehydrated and on an IV in the ER for fluids.  My emotions were all over the place.  I remember picking my son up from baseball and having our usual after practice chat in the car, and the next thing, I was bawling, sobbing crying ... poor kid; I scared him half to death.  I had weird sneezes where I'd sneeze repeatedly ten times in a row and a few minutes later I'd sneeze again ten more times.  I had terrible bone pain, and my original pain worsened.  And any other pain issues I had, even if they hadn't bothered me in a while, flared up.  I had terrible sweats, soaking through pajamas and bedding.  It is something I will remember for the rest of my life.  I've come to personally believe, for me at least, that Fentanyl is not the right drug to treat chronic pain.  And the more I've researched the more I realized that the type of pain I had didn't respond well to narcotics anyway.
hi ho, its snowflake 24, how are you doing today? please keep me informed