Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
NO ONE UNDER STANDS

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

NO ONE UNDER STANDS

IVE  BEEN   OWN  LORITAB   2AND AHALF YEARS   IM TIRED  OF  FEELING  DOWN   AND  WHAT  CAN  IT DO  TO YOUR  HEART
Are you telling us you want to stop?? if so then you have to really want to have your life back, i am 44 days clean from a 4 year addiction to morphine and percs so it can be done. It's not easy but with the help you can get from the health pages, so you will feel lousy for about 5 to 7 days and the physical part will be over and the mental part is the hard thing i feel...but you can do this you just have to want it..and beleive me we understand were you have been ab\nd were you are
THANK  U   I  DO  WONT   TO  QUITE   BUT   MY  PAIN  IS REALLY  BAD  IF I   SAY SOMETHING TO  MY  DOCTOR  HE  GIVES  ME  MORE  SO  WHAT  DO I DO
It kinda sounds like perhaps you need the pain meds for pain control but you feel hooked on them?  Some people really do need to stay on them for pain controll and some people need them to feel high or good.  I don't know what your case is but if you are in severe pain and have to have them then, I would have no problem taking them if it were me. But only as prescribed.!   Please talk to your Dr. and tell him that you feel hooked on the pain meds and see how he feels about it.  He could help you detox if you really want to get off the pain meds.Tell him you don't want the pills, you want to detox.  But make sure that is what you want first.  It is no shame in taking the pain meds if your're in real pain and are not abuseing them.  These are just my thoughts and you need to do what you feel is right for yourself.
Best wishes

Ella
lortab is short acting..lots of tyleonl per pill..what is ur daily dose?   if u need sumpin long term for pain..lortab is really not the best choice as it takes alot of them for pain control to last the whole day..talk to ur doctor//what do u mean when u say smpin to him he gives u more?  like u say u want less but he gives u more or what?  keep posting
OK I have real pain and a real addiction, I need pain meds for pain and also like the way they make me feel. I ended up in rehab. but still in pain I went to a suboxone Dr. it helped with my addiction and worked very well for pain. BUT sub is not for everyone and you need to read the sub stories on here some are nightmares w/ds are horrible from sub and they dont want to let go. But this can be an option, but think long and hard and do your own research also research any sub Dr you may want to see, its very costly without insureance. Suboxone helped me untill I was laid off and had to go c/t. Just something to think about
Back in February I thought about going to a sub Dr. to get off the lortabs.  So glad I didn't do that now.  I AM glad I had one dr. who was willing to help with the clonidine I would have had a much harder time without it.and the few tranzene I had.   I too have real pain but the amount of pills it took grew to more and more.  Tolerance, I hope that people do see that after awhile it will take more and more to help with  the pain and pretty soon it's too much.  I'm not trying to speak for everyone, just me but I am sure there are bound to be others out there like me.

Ella
i  do  take it  for  pain  not  for  enjoyment  my pain is bad  the  burning pain is allful  . its  nice to talk  to other  folks , who  share  the same thing .  when i   say somehing   to my doctor  he just gives me  more he  trys to keep me from pain . and  i thank him  i just fell like  when i run out and i have to wait a couple of days til my appointment  i get scared and upset . nurves  sick stomach  chills its bad .  my  husband says im a pill head and my  girls to so really i dont know.
I am in pain 24 hrs aday I get maybe if I am lucky 2hrs sleep a night but yet my doctor will not help! I am ready to go to the streets to get relief ,but I keep holding off cuz I don't want to become a junkie ,someone please help