Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Naproxen, can I take it?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Naproxen, can I take it?

I have been clean for 65 days off of opiates praise God! I do experience back pain, but I will have to live with it because there is no such thing as taking my pills as prescribed as I'm sure most of you know. Anyways, my question is can I take naproxen? That isnt a opiate? I just dont wanna mess up and not know it! I get drug tested everyweek so I dont wanna take something I shouldnt. I also started taking wellbutrin, i noticed after around day 45  i was over the "clean and sober bliss" and started to feel down and didnt wanna get in bed, ate soo much. Anyways I really need something for my back let me know what you think.
naproxen is by prescription only, so you must ask your doctor do to liability issues.
even if ppl on here were allowed to answer questions like this on here, they would have to know your medical history due to other meds contraidictions and such. And there is always the possibility of allergic reactions etc.
Naproxen is a NSAID and is often used as an anti-inflammatory drug for such conditions such as arthritis which is all I can think of off the top of my head. It is non-narcotic. I took it some time ago and experienced side affects---it did a dance in my stomach and I was sick as a dog from it. Of course that is just me and it may not effect you. Read up on it before you take it.

Of course, if you can find a way to get relief for your pain without taking medication you will be better off. We get into the habit of "take a pill for this" and "take a pill for that" and it is such a familiar behavior for us.

I suffer with chronic back problems and pretty much not an hour goes by that I am not in pain.I have found that moist heat helps the best. I use a pack and a hydrocolator and a hot tub. Also if you have insurance, see if your doctor will prescribe Aqua Therapy. It really does help.

I hope you get to feeling better.
Thankyou for ur post. I read that it is the same as aleve over the counter, so it must not be a opiate, that was my main concern i didnt want to cheat myself. What is aqua therapy?
Just rceived this for my rib want to double check to make sure it's not an opiate before I take it. I've heard its non addictive but I don't trust doctors as much these days, so any 411 on naproxen will be greatly apprciated.
Naproxen is literally the same medication as aleve. You can buy aleve over the counter. It's an NSAID just like Advil( ibpruphen ). There is nothing opiate about it.