Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Naproxen Sodium
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Naproxen Sodium

I have been taking Naproxen Sodium tablets for the past week for major dental pain. I have 2 weeks before the dentist will be able to see me. I have been taking around 6(220mg)tablets in a 24hr period with the recommended dosage of only 3 to keep the pain to a minimum and it seems to work very well. My question is, Is this harmful to me and what are the side effects, if any of this drug?
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi--From what I know about naproxen, one of the main concerns is stomach upset, so be sure to take it w/ food.   In my PDR it also suggests taking 1100 mg. per day total and you are very near that w/ 6 tabs at 220 mg./tab.  Should you cut back to 5 tabs, you would be right on the money!  I would also suggest that if you find yourself in constant pain, you could call your Dr. about 400/600/800 mg. Ibuprofen, too, which might work  better, and has no narcotics.  Good luck.  
                    LadyDi
Blank
Hi--From what I know about naproxen, one of the main concerns is stomach upset, so be sure to take it w/ food.   In my PDR it also suggests taking 1100 mg. per day total and you are very near that w/ 6 tabs at 220 mg./tab.  Should you cut back to 5 tabs, you would be right on the money!  I would also suggest that if you find yourself in constant pain, you could call your Dr. about 400/600/800 mg. Ibuprofen, too, which might work  better, and has no narcotics.  Good luck.  
                    LadyDi
Blank
Hey there,
I am a female who takes Naproxen Sodium for cramps....ok so....all it is IS ALEVE..I am sure you know that!! Ok so I happen to take the prescription strength...and one tablet is 55omg..so about 3 of the 220's...I am to take those 2 or 3 times a day...so don't worry about going overboard!! If I take 3 550mg's...that is equal to 8/9 of the 220's....so don't worry...and like peaz said...the only harm you can do is GIVING yourself a tummy ache!! Take care and I hope this helps!!
Laterz
Christine
Blank
Thanks for the help. I didn't think there would be a problem with the dosage but it never hurts to find out. Hopefully my problems will be over as soon as I see the dentist. Thanks again!
Blank
Correction ... Motrin , not Mortin!   LOL  ...It's been a long day.    And I apologize,  Smokethisvette was correct, it's over the counter Aleve,  Just stronger.
Blank
Hi there!  I am not an expert on Naproxen  but I do know it is not habit forming.   I have heard from doctors and others that it is just a stronger form of Mortin.  Of course if you take too much or more then prescribe it can be harmful, as any medication can.  Hope you feel better soon!  I've had to deal with the Dental thing  before and it's not fun.   Good luck

~Kell
Blank
Naprosyn is the stronger form.  They make it in enteric coated form.
Blank
237500_tn?1189759431
Does Naproxin contain any form of narcotics?
Blank
um no, it is aleve basically, like some previous people wrote if you read the few comments above ours.  i personally hate naproxen.  it sucks, for me anyway.  i find that motrin works a lot better and you don't need a prescription!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...