Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Narcotics During Pregnancy???

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Narcotics During Pregnancy???

Hey guys!  I wonder if I write this here will a doctor answer me???  I hope so, I need help.  Here goes...  I'm a 23 years old.  I have been taking lorocet 10/650 everyday for a little over a year & I'm up to about 7-8 a day.  The problem is I found out I'm pregnant, I'm about 14 weeks.  So, when I found out I was pregnant I was taking at least 8 a day (3-4 at a time).  So after I realized I was pregnant, I tried to quit.  I had no luck.  I needed the pills (at least 3) to even get out of bed.  Plus, I was scared of what withdrawal might do to my baby.  I know what it does to me & I figured it was probably not good for the baby either.  I'm scared to go to the doctor for fear of what he might do or say.  I've heard stories about women being put in jail when they use drugs while they're pregnant.  The last thing I want is to be seperated from my baby or to hurt my baby.  I'm trying to quit, believe me.  I just wanted to know what the dangers are to my baby & if I slowly stop using will my baby still need detox?  A good friend suggested taking them on a schedule, that way I'm not high, but I'm not in withdrawal either.  It worked great, I had only a little discomfort.  I took 1 every 3 hours, sometimes sooner, sometimes later.  This sounded smart to me because that's how you're "supposed" to take them.  I never thought of that for some reason?  My thinking was all or nothing.  I only took 4 yesterday.  I was also wondering what effect the drugs or getting off the drugs would have on my blood pressure?  I have a little girl & when I was pregnant with her I had GBS (Group B Streptococcus).  My OB did what was necessary to treat it, but I almost had a stroke.  My blood pressure was sky high.  I have been checking my blood pressure because I'm a little scared of what might happen & it's a little too high right now.  Please help, I'm terrified!  Thanks so much to anyone who takes the time to read this.  I appreciate it...

I feel for you.  I know you must be terrified.  If we ever needed a Dr. to answer a question on this board we need one now.  I will tell you what little I know.  And I dont know much but I will tell you from past experience.  I know that in the first trimester they dont want you to take anything!!!
I can also tell you that I had one TERRIBLE bout of hemorhoids (I forgot thank god how to spell that word)  ANYWAY I was on Darvocet for almost the entire last trimester of my pregnancy.  Because no one wanted to operate on my being pregnant.  Are you getting these pills from an actual doctor? or you must have alot of refills.  Or maybe I just dont want to know! If you pharmacist sees that they are for you and notices you are pregnant that could be the end of that anyway.  The thing to think about is cutting down as much as you can! It sounds like you are definitely trying.  The thing to think about too is the stress you are under worrying about this could do more harm than if you just quit for a few months.  Your worrying is probably making your blood pressure stay high.  I dont know if I helped you in the least but you are in a position now to help yourself. How much therapy are you going to be in for the rest of your life if something wierd was to happen. AND what if it WAS out of your control and you STILL blamed yourself because of what you were taking at the time you know what I mean?  Are you better off coming out with it now and have a MAJOR load off your back?  The stress you are under now and will be under until your baby is born in not good for you either!  Hang in there.  I wish I could give you a hug. AND I wish the doctor would answer this and help you.
Keep us posted please.  Sorry if I rambled so much I just want you two to be okay.
Sincerely,
Lindy.
I'm glad you were able to get your new thread onto this site. I never can. I'm gratified that you consider me a friend. Again, I'm encouraged that you've been able to stick to that schedule. You must admit, you've proven that you have SOME control over your condition. Mariah, I seriously think that if a newely pregnant mother presents herself to a doctor, tells him (or her) that she's been using legitimate pharmaceutical vicodin, which, at 7-8 a day, is not really outside of the legitimate therapy dosage (recommended dosage is usually 1 every 4 hours or 6 a day), and tells the doctor that she's been on them so long that she's become dependant on them, I doubt very much that the doctor would do anything drastic like encarcerating his own patient. That, I believe, usually applies to heroin or crack addicts. I think the doctor would simply order the patient to undergo a standard detox process, which would be the usual taper method. I know he wouldn't just make the mother go cold turkey. For your baby's sake, you're going to have to trust some doctor somewhere with your secret. The one thing you don't want to do is proceed any further in a state of ignorance. Mariah, in this day and age, do you think it's really all that unusual for a women to find she's pregnant and also happen to have develped some sort of chemical dependancy? It happens all the time! Can a family member get you in to see their doctor? Until then, keep up that schedule. It sounds like that really is working. In a way, you've already started to detox yourself. You need to trust some doctor soon with your secret. But I really, really think it will be alright. Take care. Stay in contact with us.
Lindy, I am terrified, I cry all the time.  I guess a little of that is just from being pregnant.  I wish you could hug me too!  I know you shouldn't take anything while you're pregnant especially in the first trimester!  I have read where some doctors say it's OK to take narcotics while you're pregnant, even in the first trimester.  I'm really concerned about how I was taking them.  Doctors prescribe them 1 every 4 hours & I was taking 3-4 at a time.  I found that under "legitimate drug use during pregnancy".  You know like for dental work, ect.  Some doctors even have said, "they're harmless".  But then you have the other ones that say, "definately not".  I'm so confused.  How could doctors go from one extreme to the other?  Then on here I found this woman asking a question about demerol, she was pregnant & taking 10 a day.  They said it wouldn't hurt the baby & if she did quit & went through withdrawal that it would cause her to have a miscarriage.  They told her to keep taking them until delivery & then they would detox the baby.  But I'm wanting to know if I slowly stop taking them will my baby still have to go through detox?  She was 30 some weeks & I'm only 14.  I have all of this going through my mind, plus the guilt of getting myself & my baby in this situation to begin with.  I found out I was pregnant when I was 6-7 weeks.  I tried to stop completely & that didn't work.  (as you can imagine)  I would try to stop & not take any, then I would get so crazy I would have to take 3 to calm met back down.  I've been going through hell.  After that, I realized I just couldn't stop, I just cut down on how many I would take at one time.  But I was goofy, I took like 2-3 at a time, but like 6 hours apart.  I knew I was making no progress.  Until I found this forum.  Now I'm taking 1 every 3 hours & I finally have some hope.  It worked yesterday taking them as the doctor would prescribe & I'm continuing today.  I have to admit though, I thought today would be easier, but it seems to be harder.  I'm sticking to it though.  Believe me, I hate myself for this.  I know what people must be thinking of me, because I'm thinking it myself.  In this forum is the first time I've said anything about this to anyone besides my b/f. My family has no idea, so that's hard too.  Keeping all of this hidden.  I took great care of myself with my daughter & they are wondering why I haven't went to the doctor yet.  I tell them, I've just been really busy.  I first started taking the pills 1 every once in awhile & it just progressed over a year & 4 months.  My b/f gets them for his back.  I never thought I was addicted, because I never had to go without.  He gets plenty from his doctor for both of us.  He will also continue to get them & that's going to be extremely hard, because they'll be in my face 24/7.  And yes, I would have guilt not to be lived with if something did happen to my baby & I caused it.  Which if anything happens, I'll think that's why.  Thank you for caring & the support, I appreciate it so much!  
Tom, I do consider you a friend & everyone else on here that would spend their valuable time trying to help me with my problem.  I know I sounded silly with the jail thing, (I'm a drama queen anyway) but I don't know what to expect.  I've never had any experience with people & drug problems except the ones that get put in rehab & in jail.  I'm just so scared.  I wish I knew what the doctor was going to say before I went!  (wouldn't that be nice?)  I wish you were my doctor!  he-he  I know I have to go to the doctor, especially because of last pregnancy.  That's why my family is so concerned.  You really think it will be OK?  My b/f keeps telling me about all these girls he knows & their babies were all fine & they were doing everything (way more than me).  I'm just going to keep praying & hoping.  I thank God for all of you too.  I'll keep everyone posted & hopefully in February I can sign on here & tell you how beautiful & healthy my baby is, maybe even send you all a PIC!  Thanks!
I was thinking too that they say in adults it is not the Narcotic that hurts us it is the Acetomenophin (SP) that is in it.  I think cutting down is the way to go too because the LORCET 650 has a TON of the Acetomenophin in it.  That is why some Dr.s switch people over to things like Oxy because it is time released and it has no Aceto/Aspirin in it.  So keep in mind you are doing yourself a favor to your kidneys and liver by cutting out all that extra stuff other than the narcotic.  I think that Tom had an excellent idea by telling you to come clean with the Dr.  You know they have had stuff like this before. I have FIBROMYALGIA and I take Oxy every 12 hours if I was to become pregnant I would be in exactly your situation with the Dr. right? So I think you will have a MAJOR load off your mind and with your family to tell the Dr. that you are on the meds. (for whatever reason you tell him) I know that you will feel a million times better therefore bringing that blood pressure down! Hang in there.  Please keep us posted.  Make sure you understand that I did NOT mean to imply that if anything happened it would be your fault.  I meant that if something happened totally unrelated to the Lorcet use you would still probably think that had something to do with it.  NO WAY would I every say that it would be your fault! I reread what I had sent you before and wanted to make sure it did not come off that way.
Please keep us posted!
Lindy
Mariah,

There is a doctor at this site who participates in the Spinal Disorder chat forum. You have to go to the bottom of  their web page and select Spinal Disorders from their pull down menu.

HE is a pain specilist but more importantly an Anestisiologist.

His name is Doctor Whitworth. If you leave him a message on this forum, he will reply to you. I have an email address  for  the doctor but would prefer not to give it out in here. If you like you can email me at will_do_29730***@****    and I will give you his email address.

For whatever reason he is a very courageous physician and it will not  cost you a dime.

I have even gone so far as to check his credentials to make sure I wasnt being duped.
He is on the staff of Columbus Hospital in Columbus, Indiana and practices Anestisiology and Pain Management as well.

Tell him everything and he will give you an honest answer.

Here is the site, just highlight it and right click your mouse and copy it and then paste it in your browser.

http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=2&SUBMIT=Go

Like I say, once you get  to the site, scroll down to the bottom of the first page and find Spinal Disorders..select  it and hit "go" and you will be on your way. You will have to register and that takes all of 5 minutes.

Good luck,

Ronnie G
Lindy,  Hey!  I know you didn't mean anything by what you said.  I've thought about this so much, no one could ever tell me something I haven't already thought of myself.  I think about this night & day.  You didn't offend me in any way!  :)  I didn't know that about the asprin in those!!!  There's something else to worry about, because you're not supposed to take asprin while you're pregnant either!  OMG!  I'm in a mess.  I guess you would be in the same situation if you got pregnant, but let's pray to God you never are.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  It's the hardest thing I've ever had to go through in my life!  It's not so much the physical part (getting off the drugs) as it is the mental part (thinking about what I'm doing & have done to my baby).  Believe me, it was not a planned pregnancy.  I flipped when I found out!  I know I need to tell a doctor about my situation, but I don't want to get my b/f in trouble among other things.  Do I have to tell him where I got the pills?  I would feel so much better if I could tell a doctor, just telling it on here & talking to everyone has made me feel better.  Do you think there is anything that a doctor could possibly do to make me regret going & telling?  I know I sound like chicken, that's because I am.  I don't want to cause more problems for myself.  How long does it take to get all of that out of your system?  Does anyone know?  Like how long before it doesn't show up on a blood test?  Because I was going to quit & then go, just to avoid all the things that come with taking drugs & going to the doctor.  When I go, should I tell the doctor about it or just let him find out himself?  You're right about my blood pressure, I do worry & cry all the time.  What is Fibromyalgia, I'm sorry?  I've taken oxycontin (20) before, I think that's what got me into this mess in the first place.  I guess the reason I started taking lorocet was because I was looking for something that would make me feel like the oxys did.  I had never taken any kind of drugs or pills before that & all it took was one pill.  They made me feel like nothing else, I remember it like it was yesterday & it was a couple years ago.  I need to shut up & quit thinking about it!!!  I'm doing good today, it's almost 6:00pm & I've taken 3.  Today was harder than yesterday.  I wonder why?  I thought it would get easier.  I haven't felt like doing anything today, I've watched TV & got on here.  That's it!  I'm sorry about all the questions & worries, but I really have no idea about these things.  The only time I have ever seen a doctor regularly was when I was pregnant with my daughter.  That's the only time I have ever been in a hospital too.  So, thank you.  I appreciate everyone & all the help I get on here.  Mariah
I'm not sure where you do get the pills. But if you're reluctant to tell a doctor that you bought them off the street, I don't know what harm there'd be in saying, for example, that you've been taking your mom's, or some such white lie. I really think the doc will be more interested in dealing with your present situation rather than playing cop. As for the way you feel today, you can expect to feel the way you do now for a few days. It's normal to feel achy and have no energy when you're withdrawing. It will take your body a few weeks to really feel good. If it get's too bad, you can always take one of your pills a little early. The main thing is to stick to the one-pill dose and not subject yourself to those higher doses you were taking. That certainly ill keep the level of tylenol down to "normal" levels.
mariah, if you are really trying to lower your intake, you are saving your baby.  i truly believe that if you went to a real ob/gyn or real doctor and told of your trials, you would be helped medically, you and your child.  you would not be in trouble with the law.  you would be doing the most important thing you could ever do...saving your childs' life.  no medical doctor would stand in your way and should want to be active in your recovery.  i have a 20 month old daughter.  please be good to yourself and your baby.  my baby is so precious to me.  i never thought anything could be more precious to me.  i would never jeapordize her.  please get help.  i too, have a problem with vicoden.  i would like to think that i would stop taking them if i got pregnant again.  for my baby...please stop.
Hey!  I get the pills from my b/f.  He was in a BAD car wreck & has back problems.  So they're always going to be here.  You don't think the doctor could force me to tell him where I got them?  I'm sorry, I just don't know anything about this...  I did feel worse today, but I stayed with 1 pill at a time.  I took 5 today though.  I just took one, I was dying.  If I didn't have you all to talk to, I would've taken at least 2.  It's amazing how much has come out of this in only 2 days!  I'm hopeful, where before there was none.  Everything you say & have said to me has been right. So, thank you dear friends.  Mariah
Neena,  Thanks for all the encouraging thoughts, I appreciate it.  Yes, I have been trying to lower my intake ever since I found out, but now I actually feel like I'm making progress.  This pregnancy was a huge shock, not planned at all.  I have been on the pill (birth control) for 3 years now!  If I could quit, I would've from day one.  It's just harder than it sounds.  I know I need to quit & should, that's why I came here.  I know I need help, a lot!  I too thought that anyone who was pregnant & taking any kind of drugs should just go cold turkey no matter what.  I thought they were just selfish & cared nothing for their child.  I was horrified & still am, when I realized that it doesn't work that way.  Believe me, I've tried everything.  I know what you're thinking, I felt the same way & still kinda feel that way.  Not about other women, just about myself.  I know now that if I ever hear tell of anyone in this situation that I will have a very different outlook on the whole thing.  I was almost too scared to tell anyone about this for fear of what they might think of me.  It is embarrassing & when I was pregnant with my daughter & clean & I heard a story like mine, I would've for sure looked down on that person.  This can happen to anyone, I know that now.  If anyone would've ever told me that I would be one of those women, I would've laughed & probably given them a speach on how bad it was.  I hope that you don't get pregnant, because it is most definately harder than it sounds to just quit because you're pregnant.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  The "feeling" just doesn't go away because you have a baby inside you.  Mentally, you know you have to quit, but your body won't let you.  Since you are addicted too, you know what I mean.  Please believe me, I would never do anything to hurt either of my children & I can't believe I am.  My daughter means the world to me & this child inside me who I've never felt or seen.  I've been so sick with myself, especially because I was doing so good today & ended up taking 1 more than I did yesterday.  I've been torn up over this for about 2 months.  I NEVER thought I would be in this position.  I'm just a average woman, a good mother, I have a good life, a great family & then I got pregnant accidently while I was addicted to pills.  Please don't think I'm trying to be hateful, if I'm coming off that way, I'M NOT TRYING TO BE.  Please know that.  I could've easily been you.  I appreciate the time you spent on me & your thoughts.  Thanks so much.  Mariah
Hey!  Thanks for writing & for the info, I'll check it out!  I'm sure it will be helpful!
Mariah
As I read your words tonight, my heart goes out to you. You are obviously a kind, decent person who, through no fault of her own, has gotten addicted to the source of her pain relief. Mariah, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You've done nothing wrong. Your heart is in the right place and you are already working very hard to help yourself and your baby. Frankly, the doctor won't care where you got the pills. He'll see an honest, conscientious woman trying to do the right thing for herself and her child. Believe me, he'll want to help you, not hurt you. I'm really impressed that you've made such an effort to control your use of drugs this weekend. If you're as honest with him as you've been to me, he can't help but want to help you. Everything is going to be alright. You're baby's going to be fine and, with the right help, you're going to beat your addiction and go on to have the good life you so richly deserve. I'm proud that you consider me your friend. From just what you've accomplished this weekend, I know you're a winner. Take heart and be glad. May god bless you and keep you here tonight. Keep in touch. I want to know what happens to you this week. (Remember those hot baths to sooth your aches and pains from the withdrawal. They realy do work. Also, a big glass of warm milk will help you sleep tonight.) Take care.
At the level you are using, the narcotics themselves are extremely unlikely to have any ill effect on the fetus.  Fetuses are remarkably resiliant and even babies born with addiction to narcotics or stimulants such as cocaine usually turn out fine (although it is not pleasant for the infant to be going through withdrawal.)  What concerns me most is you indicate you have or had problems with hypertension.  If and when you withdraw  from the narcotic, you will have a temporary increase in your blood pressure.  Normally this increase is not medically significant; however, due to your past experience I would strongly urge you to confide in your OB/GYN and then you can safely withdraw.  Do not put your baby at risk due to your fears.  Nothing is worth a potential complication, especially since it can be avoided.
Thank you for everything you say, every word means the world to me.  You are so sweet trying to help me & keep my spirits up & the good thing about it all, is that it's working.  You seem to be such a smart & caring man, your opinion is one I value.  The first time you suggested the schedule, it really hit home.  Kinda like, duh...  I don't know why I never thought of that?  You seemed to know what you were talking about.  So I thought, can't hurt.  I am pleased to realize that you did know what you were talking about!  It has worked, when nothing else I could do myself was.  This will be my 3rd day only taking 1 pill at a time.  I felt better today when I woke up then I did yesterday!  I feel so hopeful.  I got up this morning at 6am with no problems & no pain, got my little girl ready for school & even cooked breakfast instead of McDonald's.  When I would try before to cut my use, I wouldn't feel like doing anything.  Today, I took a pill at 9am anyway, to keep myself from feeling bad, because I knew I would eventually.  I'll be glad when this is all over & I need nothing to get me going except a cup of coffee.  But this morning something was different.  I didn't think of pills as soon as I opened my eyes, that is the first BIG difference I've seen so far.  That 1 pill kinda made me a little tingly even.  I felt good when I woke up, but once that ONE pill kicked in I actually felt really good!  Not high, just good.  (normal)  I can't believe this, I'm so happy.  It's amazing how much can change in a few days.  A couple days ago one pill would've done NOTHING for me, I might as well have not taken anything.  I don't even feel as bad when I think of going to the doctor, because I have some good news & it's not all bad.  It would've been hard for me to walk in the doctor's office & tell him how many I take in a day & at one time.  I feel better about myself.  I would've went & told anyway, I would've had to.  I know that.  I just wanted to try & help myself first.  After I start feeling really good like I used to when I would take all those pills.  What do I do next?  I feel it coming.  I know I need to tell a doctor & I will, I just want to find one I can be comfortable with.  Since this is working for me though, I would just like to hear advise on the next step.  You said that you were impressed with my effort, do you really think that I am doing good?  Do you think this is progress or am I just kidding myself?  I still take 4-5 a day.  I try to hold off as long as I can, but sometimes I'll take one & then 2 hours later I'll still feel bad, so I'll take another one, but the next pill I can usually wait at least 4 hours.  Today I took one at 9am, then at 12pm, the next I'll take at 3pm, then next at 6pm, then the last at 9pm, if I need it to sleep.  I did last night, but today feels better.  Do you think my OB/GYN should have some experience with this?  My OB/GYN moved out of state & I have to find a new one.  Well, thanks for everything.  I hope you're living a great life, because you deserve it.  Such a Sweetie...
Mariah  :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to write.  Also, thank you for the information on the effect to the fetus, that's always nice to hear.  After I started researching this, I have found that most doctors say that narcotics alone won't harm the baby.  It's usually when a whole lot of other things are mixed in with it, like other drugs, alcohol, malnutrician, no vitamins or prenatal care, prostitution, diseases, ect.  None of these apply to me.  I don't take anything else, (this is bad enough) I don't drink, I eat well, (even though sometimes I don't feel like it) I take prenatal vitamins, I'm planning on getting prenatal care, (ASAP) & definitley none of the others.  I just want everyone to know a little about myself so I can get the best advise I can.  Not just that I take pills & I'm pregnant.  It is nice to hear a real person & not just a study tell me something I need to hear.  I don't have high blood pressure normally, not even in my last pregnancy.  A little high is normal in every pregnant woman.  It was extremely high though when I was in labor, from the GBS.  I am worried about it.  Thank you for everything. You're right, I should tell my OB/GYN.  There are so many smart, caring people in here & I'm thankful for everyone.  All this means so much to me.  Thank you.
Mariah
I will remember you in my prayers. I don't have all the information some others here have but I feel your pain and want you to know that since you have chosen to take steps to keep you and your baby drug free that I believe in my heart all will be well. You have gotten some great advice and the advice to tell the OB/GYN is critical. He/she is providing the medical care for your pregnancy and your unborn child. This doctor MUST know everything. God bless you.
Mariah...thank you for writing back to me.  I have tears in my eyes for you and for myself.  You are a very strong woman.  Your coming here is proof of that.  You have me.  If i could hug you and your baby, I would.  I would stay with you and dish out the pills at the correct time to you to ween you off.  Please go to a doctor. Where are you?  Privately email me. ***@****.  Maybe I can help you.  I have a very important family and even more important husband, but our secret is our secret.  I would not hesitate to use my name or my influence to get myself help if I became preggy again.  Honestly, I would try to get rid of the stuff without my hubby's knowlege.  Cowards way out, but this secret is damaging.  I want to help.  I am seeing a psychiatrist presently regarding a past with eating disorders, etc....it takes one day at a time and letting someone in to help.  You might try a therapist...they might be able to help with addiction and also...Amodiem AD helps with the cramps from withdrawels.  Also, Tagamet Liquid helps with the cramping when you are slowing down your intake.  Good Luck, Neena
Mariah, while you're here online, print out this web page! It is a record of our conversation and will tell your doctor exactly what your situation is, what you've been taking, what you've been doing in terms of following a schedule limiting your dosage, and more importantly, what the results have been. I doubt if any doctor, reading our dialogue from the last few days, would fail to recognize your sincerity. It would also give him some good information about how to go about detoxing you safely and comfortably. Many times, we go into a doctor's office knowing just what we want to say to him, and then we forget everything as soon as he walks into the room! I know this has happened to me many times. Give him a printout of this thread to read. What could be simpler? (make sure the printer is turned on first, then click on the print button of your browser right now while you're reading this)
I appreciate your kind words. I like even more hearing that you're feeling better and that you have kept to a safe schedule. Isn't it great to actually feel better as the result of something you did? It means you really do have the power to change your life and the life of your baby for the better! When you combine willpower, discipline and a little hard-won knowledge, there's nothing you can't do.

What's most important now is that you stay the course and use the momentum you've got to follow through on your plans to see a doctor. In a way, you just did! Brian does not participate officially on this site, but I believe he is a doctor. He knows exactly how you feel and, I'm sure, knows how much effort it's taken for you to take control of your drug use in the way you have. I know I do. Even slowing down your intake of narcotics is like trying to slow down an ocean liner steaming through the ocean at full speed. What you've done is really significant, Mariah. Most of us can't do what you've done. The thing to do now is to make and keep your doctor appointment. In the meantime, easy, easy does it! When something is working, don't change it! You're really at a safe dosage now, so don't try to decrease your use or increase it. Stick to what you're doing right up to your appointment. "Don't mess with success." Remember to bring the printout of this thread (our conversation here on the site from the last few days).

Please accept my best wishes for your success. I'm honestly quite thrilled that I've been able to help someone! But it's really you who have done all the hard work. It must be clear to you now that you really do want to recover, and truly wanting to recover is 90% of the struggle. You've used your head and your heart and it's working! Take care.
welcome back, Brian. Glad to know you weren't passed out in your lazy-boy lounger all weekend, wearing nothing but fentanyl patches.
:-) Thanks for the imagery, it made me laugh.  I intentionally never tried fentanyl because I just knew that would be the end for me.  It seems to be the most popular drug abused by anesthesiologists.  Bet you can't wait to have surgery now that you know that!
Tom makes an excellent point about having a list of problems, etc. when you see your doctor.  It ensures better treatment for you and, under the pressure of managed care it makes the doctor's life MUCH easier.  Ask any doctor and they will say you will get better medical treatment by making such a list.  Also, make a list of all medications, including over the counter (even herbal) which you are taking.  This helps limit side effects due to interactions between the medications.
Hey!  Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it & need it so much.  Are you really a doctor?  Because if you are, that makes what you said about my baby mean so much more!  That really makes me feel better.  Thanx!  I don't know if you or anyone else knows anything about this or not, but it can't hurt to throw it out there.  When I was in labor with my little girl, I had an epidural.  (of course!)  After the anesthesiologist did it, I still had pain.  Everyone told me to give it some time to work completely.  I waited probably an hour & I could still feel horrible pain in half my body.  (one leg, half my stomach & back, ect.)  It never worked.  I was in labor for 16 hours, so it wasn't like it didn't have time to work.  They did nothing to fix it.  I have had problems with my back & legs ever since I had it done.  Do you think they might have done some damage?  Also, after I had her I stayed in the hospital for 4 days because of my GBS.  They didn't give me anything for pain.  They gave me 1 tylenol (OTC) right after delivery for a headache.  Would you know of any reason they would do that to me?  I didn't know I was getting treated badly until alot of my friends had babies & were never in pain, they got taken care of every 4 hours.  Some of them were even breastfeeding & got percocets.  I got nothing, except 1 tylenol.  Of course this was before I knew everything I know about pain pills.  Also, what happens when I get off lorocets, have my baby & they give me pain pills.  Do you think I'll get right back into it if I take them in the hospital?  Can that happen over just a few days?  These are just some questions I've asked everyone & nobody knows.  They have just been bothering me & I thought with everyone on here being so full of knowledge, (4 real!) someone might know.   Thanks so much for all your help!
Mariah  :)
Hey!  Okay!  Maybe I was going a little far with my plan too fast!  I'm just getting excited!  I wish I could just drop them & never take another one, but reality is, I can't.  I did do better yesterday.  I went shopping yesterday after I took my 3rd pill at 3pm & I stayed gone all day, came home about 9:30pm & took one to sleep.  My neck was huting bad.  You think that's from tension?  But anyway, I only took 4!  I printed this page like you said.  I guess if I'm going to give him this, that will at least make everything known with no secrets.  That's a good idea, because it's better than telling him all embarrassing details face to face.  I'm still sticking with it today, I feel about the same as I did yesterday.  Which is better than feeling worse, I must say!  I've been searching the web to try & find a good doctor.  I'll tell you when I find one & when I go & what he says.  I'm kinda excited about it now, because I'm dying to hear the baby's heart beat.  You can't tell I've been doing anything bad from my belly, it looks like a perfectly round ball.  It seems like it gets bigger everyday!  I lost all my weight I put on from my daughter, so you can really tell.  It looks swollen.  Too much info?  I know I'm not supposed to talk about anything but addiction, but I'm really happy & I have you & everyone else to thank for it!  I haven't really been able to get excited about my pregnancy, I've been so depressed.  Yesterday I even looked at baby clothes, which I couldn't bring myself to do until now.  I've been reading & the end of Sept. I can find out the sex of the baby & if everything is OK.  (ultrasound)  I'm praying that will be the happiest day of my life!  You don't know how much you should appreciate a perfect, healthy baby until there's a chance you might not have one.  I want to thank you "again" for everything you have done for me & still continue to do for me.  (I hope!)  Please know how much it means to me!  
Mariah
Thank you for everything you said & for taking the time to write it.  I didn't think that this would do me any good, writing my story on here.  I thought it would make me feel worse, but everyone has been so kind to me & it is helping.  You don't know how bad I needed someone to say, that they thought it would be alright.  I have gotten so many kind & helpful thoughts from people & they all mean everything to me.  Even if a doctor would've answered my questions, I don't think he/she would've said anything different than what everyone else is saying.  I'll keep everyone posted, hopefully with some good news later!  Thank you!
Mariah
Hey!  Thank you for caring.  What you said was so sweet & meant alot coming from the person I was 14 weeks ago!  I appreciate that.  My email address is: ***@****.  Anyone here is welcome to email me as well.  Thanks!
Mariah  :)
Yes, I am a doctor.  With respect to the problems you describe (back and legs) there is a possibility you suffered a nerve injury during the epidural block.  Complications from the block are rare but do occur.  If your symptoms continue you should consult a neurologist.  As far as why you were treated only with tylenol, I can only conjecture that your OB generally does not treat with narcotics due to breast feeding.  Finally, each person is different in how long it takes them to become addicted a second time.  As most people here will tell you, it often is only a matter of a few days in a row of using narcotics before developing some tolerance and psychological addiction.  Only you can decide how bad the pain is; however, if you confide in your physician and ask for buprenorphine during the hospitalization you will get pain relief without addiction.
Congratulations on your 'coming out' !! We are lucky to have you here. Your education and training make you a doctor.. your sense of humanity and compassion make you a healer. Not every physician is both. You evidently are. Blessings to you.
you're welcome. It was my pleasure. Let us know how you make out with your new doctor.
Girlfriend!  I cant wait for the post where you tell all of us that you went to the Dr. already!  I am ready to fly where ever you are and take you to lunch after we receive that e mail!  I am on the edge of my seat here.  What about going to a clinic that would treat you for free?  The longer you wait the antsier I get!  I think that you are in your second trimester now.  Remember in addition to some feelings of withdrawal you are pregnant too which means you will feel achy and you will be moody, weepy, you know just more emotional so what you think is withdrawal could be just pregnancy related!  You are in a time now where you should be getting glucose tolerance tests, having your iron checked and urine for protein AND BLOOD PRESSURE!  andy maybe even Amnio Centisis (sorry I know I tore the spelling of that one apart)

Mariah I sincerely hope you do something and do it soon!  I think I can speak for all here when I say that we all feel like we are about to become AUNTS AND UNCLES!

I hope you will think about the Clinic idea and go to at least get the ball rolling. Time is going to go by so fast and you dont want to wait until the last minute and you run into the emergency room and no OB/GYN knows anything about you.

Oh and what about Narcotics Anonymous? or even AA.  Someone there MUST know of an OB/GYN that someone has dealt with because of their addiction whether it be alcohol or drugs.  And of course you know it is anonymous!!!!!

I am sorry this is so long but I cant stop thinking about you and the baby.  I just want to know that the two of you are okay.  I AM CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE that ALONE can set off a whole host of other things!

Sincerely,
"Aunt" Lindy

can anyone give Mariah some specific advice about how to find an OBGYN? She's resorting to the web, which suggests to me that she really doesn't know how to go about finding a doctor. She's going to take potluck unless someone can help her. She has, in my opinion, taken some significant steps toward both recovery and getting med care for her pregnancy. It would be a shame if she wound up with some narcophobic shitheel or, because of her economic status, an underqualifed, undermotivated physician. She needs to keep the momentum she has right now. A sour experience would drive her back to the vicodin bottle. Any suggestions?
I have been reading your post's everyday...keeping up on Mariah,
everyone has been so kind and helpful for her...Mariah, your doing great, I know that you are scared,but I truly feel that everything will work out for you, you are a strong woman who has put your baby ahead of yourself,I also would like you to get to a doctor as soon as you can,I'd like to ask you something, how much support is your boyfriend giving you through all this? since he is the one who is bringing the pills home, I hope he is helping you and not popping them in front of you,I'm sure he would not intenionally make it harder for you, so I hope that you and him have been talking about it...again I'd like to say I feel you'll be strong enough to carry through this, God Bless you, I'm not going to take this space up with myself, but I would like to say one thing, all my talk about control, control, control, well, I wasn't able to, I'm ashamed and also so disgusted with myself and hubby,I have gotten myself into a predictament that I swore I wouldn't do....I ran out of pills this morning (oxy)as you all know I was taking 200mg or more a day...and I will be withdrawing soon, I admit, I'm scared! I hope that my heart can take the stress of it,(remember I had a heart attack in May)I'm so angry at myself,more scared than angry though..take care everyone....I will continue to read,if I'm able to get up and come to the PC....
Tom.... bless you for being so perceptive and considering the welfare of another... 2 others :-)   Honestly I do not know but one thing I think would be helpful for Mariah is to call the local division of families and children to get direction. In every state or county they have different names so she would have to learn what her's is called. Here it's HRS. I do know that there is free or sliding scale medical care available even to those without Medicaid. She should also look into applying for  it through her Social Security office. I am anxious to hear from others what they advise. It is good information for all of us to have. Love, Brighty
Tom,  You're right!  I am resorting to the web.  I would appreciate any suggestions on how to find a good doctor + steps!  I have great insurance though, that's one good thing!  My mother, sister, granny & friends have all been suggesting I go to their OB/GYN's.  Is there any way I can find out about the doctor before I go???  Like what you said, what if their against narcotics anyway?  I'd be in trouble!  That doctor up there scared me for some reason!  I'm glad I have all of you.  Guess what!!!  It's almost 9pm & I've only taken 2!  I just took one!  I feel so good about everything.  I'll write later tonight!
Thanks everyone!
Mariah
Thank you for taking the time to answer all of my crazy questions.  You're probably right about all of them...  Nobody on here "has" to help me & it's really shown me how many kind & caring people there are in the world.  Thank you so much for all your help.
Mariah
Hey!  Thanks for all your ideas & support.  Your letter made me laugh!  Thanks for lifting my spirits.  I know how you feel, because I consider all of you my internet family, that I'm so glad to have.  I know I need to GET TO THE DOCTOR!!!!  I've been going crazy about that.  Now that I feel sure about what I'm going to tell him, I just need to find one to tell.  thank you for everything...
Mariah
Thank you for writing.  I appreciate it so much.  I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  Did you just run out of pills & can't get anymore?  If you have been taking 200mg a day, you just can't stop without something bad happening!  Especially since you've had a heart attack.  How are you doing now?  Have you taken ANY today?  You should get some help, if you can't get any & you start to withdrawal.  That could be really dangerous to just stop.  Please take care of yourself.  You are in my prayers.  My b/f doesn't take them infront of me & is somewhat supportive.  You know like, if I quit that's good, but I don't think he cares one way or the other.  He's high!  But, I have you all to support me & I'm so thankful for that.  I told him that I had only taken 2 today, he didn't say anything.  I asked him if he was proud of me & he said yeah.  So, I pretty much know I have to do it myself.  Thanks for everything, it means alot.
Mariah
Thank you for everything.  Tom is an angel, isn't he?!!
Mariah  :)
Brighty, thank you.  I always enjoy your posts and appreciate both your insight (due to your unique situation) and the knowledge you bring to this board.  Mariah, the best way to find a good physician is to seek a referral from a physician you know and trust.  I gather your situation is such that you don't know such a physician, so if you have a good hospital nearby, ask for the head of obstetrics.  They should be affiliated with a practice group and then you can see if the group is accepting new patients.  I guess this may be an obvious point but...make sure whomever you choose is board certified in obstetrics.  This ensures they have the requisite education and training to properly care for you.  I'm not sure if most of the public knows this, but any physician can practice in ANY area regardless if they have further education in that area beyond that from med school.  Kind of frightening if you ask me.
Hey!  That is crazy!  I'm one of those people, I had NO clue!  That shouldn't be aloud!  Aren't they afraid of doing something wrong & getting sued?  Thanks for all the good advise!   You're right, I don't see or know of any physicians that I could ask, so I appreciate the advise!  Thank you so much for helping.

Does anyone know if melatonin is safe to take during pregnancy?  The only real problem I have right now is getting to sleep.  Usually I would take a lorocet just before I passed out, but I'm doing so good today.  I don't want to take any more than I have too!  I've taken melatonin before when I had problems getting to sleep & it worked great with no groggy feeling.  Also, I've been noticing, ever since I've cut down on my pills & I go to sleep, sometimes I jump.  You know, like something has scared me.  I know it sounds nuts, I was just wondering.  I don't know if these are related in any way, I just thought I would throw it out there.  I don't know how I got through today with only 2 lorocets!  I CAN'T believe it!  I just woke up this morning with no urge to take them.  When I started feeling like I should take one, I kept telling myself that it would make me feel worse & that I would have to start all over!  It worked.  Thank you so much to all of you!
Mariah
Hey!  Tomorrow will be a week since I cut down on my pills.  Yesterday & the day before, I only took 2.  Today I plan on doing the same thing.  I was wondering, can getting off pills make you hot?  I can't seem to get cool & I'm freezing everyone out of the house!  Also, I can't seem to get anything cold enough to drink.  Freeze pops & ice barely do it.  Sometimes I feel smothered.  I don't know if this is from withdrawal or pregnancy or a little of both.  If anyone has any ideas, let me know.  I asked my b/f to help me find a doctor today & he left, as usual.  I know he cares about me, but he won't help me.  So, I know I'm gonna have to do it myself or break down & tell someone in my family & get their help.  I'm starting to realize, (now that I'm not high) why I used to stay high.  There is definitly something missing in my life & now that I see that, I'll have to fix it or go back to the pills.  I don't want to do that after I have this baby, but I know I probably will if I'm in the same place.  I'll start taking them again for the same reason I did to begin with.  The only thing I have pushing me right now is the love I have for my baby & after I have the baby, what will I have then?  I'm just worried, because deep down I know I'll start again.  Even though I like to deny it, it will always make me happy.  I know I sound like a cry baby, I'm just so depressed today.  I hope it will change when I go to the doctor.  I know my worries about the baby's health will be helped.  I know my mind will be put at ease.  I'm sure my baby will be fine & that's my biggest worry.  But, I can't say the same thing about me.  There is one thing that will push me to get off of them.  When my b/f & I get in a fight he always threatens to not give me any pills & I am so sick of that!  I'm sick of having to depend on him to give them to me.  He always throws them up in my face.  He just hurts me so bad, because he's the one who got me started in the first place.  I'm not blaming him for everything, it's my fault too.  I'm just saying, he practically pushed them down my throat & now throws them in my face.  I'm sorry to ramble, I've just been so depressed & crying all day.  I would love to hear from anyone.  Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time to read this.
Mariah
You are doing great!  Hang in there, it will get better.  Feeling hot (or cold) is a normal part of withdrawal, which you are starting.  Many people get the chills, then after a hot bath they overheat, etc.  None of this will kill you.  Have you discussed this with your OB yet?  I may have missed it if you posted.  You really should.  As to the melatonin, it is probably ok to take small amounts, but please consult your OB first.  That is what they are there for.  The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.  Keep up the good work and before you know it you will have your life back.  Take care, Brian
so ... how are you? Have you made any progress finding a doctor? Let us know you're out there and are ok.
woops, I must have missed your post, or it came in while I was typing. Anyway, glad to know you're ok. Only two a day? That's quite impressive, actually. You seem to have more control of your use than most at your stage of recovery. Your boyfriend is, well, ethically challenged, as the politically correct might say. If you get into a serious recovery program, you're probably going to be advised to stay away from him, considering that he's still using, is your source for more vics, and has surprisingly little guilt about his role in all this. You've probably already discovered how difficult it is to be relatively sober around him while he's buzzed. It's very difficult for two people to maintain an intimate relationship if one is high and the other is not, or at least is trying not to be. In a way, Mariah, he's the worst person for you to be around right now. Considering he got you pregnate and helped you get addicted, he's not being very responsible or supportive. Not at all unusual, I'm afraid to say. Try not to worry too far into the future. Focus on the things we've been talking about. And if you do relapse some day, so what? Big deal! You'll just recover again, only you'll know a little more about your condition. Knowledge is, or can be, power. Many addiction specialists today see recovery as a series of relapses and recoveries. Rome was not built in a day. Brian is right, you're doing great! Take care ...
thank you Mariah for sending me a messege and for your concern,
I'm not doing so well right now, not well at all...I just want to go into a room and have EVERYONE just leave me ALONE!! the withdrawal is not to bad yet, I'm sure by tomorrow morning it will be very bad....I'm so scared right now....I do have a question I'd like to ask maybe someone will know what I saying,
right now I feel like punching my hand through a window or something, the rage I feel inside is so strong! what's up with that???? Mariah I hope your keeping up with your schedule you were doing great...keep thinking of your baby
you're withdrawing from a pretty high daily dosage of oxy. You're going to feel a lot of strong emotions. Dee, you're really going to need some help. Do you have any insurance or at least have a doctor to call? If there's any way you can get some medical help through your withdrawal, you should seek it out now. I gave Charlie some practical advice on ways to cope with opiate withdrawal on another thread, still on this site. It's one of the threads with Oxycontin in the title. Look for "tom to Charlie" August 20th. What I told him applies to you to. But these tips will only partially relieve your symptoms. If you can get help and are serious about quitting, pick up the phone now while you're still lucid enought to make the arrangements. That's the best I can do. You will live to see a better day, but I know it doesn't seem like that now. Get some help or at least read the thread I directed you to. Take care and keep in touch with us here. Perhaps Dr Steve or Brian will have something to add.
I have been crying all day, I'm so depresed..I've went to a NA chat meeting today...I've read the 12 steps with tears streaming down my face..I approached hubby.....he just says I'm saying this because I'm withdrawing, and I should really think about my pain before I do this...that everything I have wrong with me needs pain meds and to tell him what in our life would change for the good what positive thing can happen all I could say is just maybe we'll find what we are supposed to find as we do the steps I know it's not going to bring us money..and we're in this together and we'll control together, we're a team, blah, blah, blah, I feel defeated already, like my destiny is already written...my heart tells me different..but how can I walk away from my home and family....How???I don't think I'm making any sense...forgive me...
Dee, take heart! It's going to be OK. You're not doomed. You CAN find pain relief without being actively addicted to the source of your relief. It may even be the kind of drugs you're using now.
--- It's just that you know you can't be put in charge of ADMINISTERING OR DISPENSING the drugs to yourself. That's all it is!
You're going to be alright. Once you're properly detoxified from all the oxycodone, you can arrange to receive normal, controlled amounts of whatever you need for pain -- YOU JUST CAN'T CONTROL IT YOURSELF. I know when the docs show up today, they will, among other things, tell you to contact an addiction specialist AND a pain control clinic (might be the same place) that specializes in untangling these kinds of situations and restoring patients to relatively normal "relationships" with their pain relievers. It's done every day, everywhere. Do you think you're the first person to find herself in this position? Happens all the time. People base their medical careers on solving these problems. But you're going to have to put yourself in their hands.
Just working the steps while enduring unrelieved, agonizing pain is simply not going to work. Make some calls. Contact, like I said, a doctor who specializes in Addiction Medicine. I know there are lots of pain control clinics in the yellow pages. Just make sure it's a genuine clinic with real MD's and not just a chiropractor.
Dee, you're heart is in the right place. You've been honest with your mate and you've made contact with an AA (NA) group. That's a good start, actually. But follow through with those calls today. Do it now. The sooner you start, the sooner you'll get help. Take care. Look for Brian's or DrSteve's replies today. You're going to be fine.
Please take Tom's excellent advice.  Find an addiction medicine specialist to help you through this and also a pain specialist to offer you options for the future.  Hang in there, it will get better.
You cannot stop cold turkey while pregnant... Please talk to your doc to set up a taper schedule... or go into a detox in a hospital..

PS>>The thread you posted on was from years ago.. I would post a new question on the page if you want people to be able to answer and give your advice..
I have a question.  I am 32 weeks pregnant and I take Darvocet for my back pain. I  really want to stop taking the Darvocet because I am scarred for the baby to have withdrawl (withdrawal) when born and I don't want her to go through that.  But then I question what she will go through if I quit cold turkey while pregnant.  I take 3-4 a day.  Does anybody know if it can hurt the baby to stop taking while pregnant.
I am twenty four weeks pregnant and  three months prior to getting pregnant i broke my right hand. I was taking  narco and vicodin and  even two months later when I had conceived and didn't yet realize I was pregnant, I continued to take a few every day or every few days until I finally found out I was pregnant six weeks into my pregnancy.  Then, a few days ago my hand was aching and throbbing due to the fact that I use my hands for a living(skin care and hair removal specialist) and I took ONE 750 vicodin.  I will not take any more throughout my pregnancy as I felt so guilty and worried!  Is it likely that I hurt my baby?  Could I have done harm and damage? Help! I am so worried!!!
I do not personally believe that one will hurt you, or the baby. But you said you won't take anymore? Good idea. Daily and long-term use would potentially be harmful. Don't beat yourself up, just follow thru with what you said: "No More".

Thank you for the post.
I am having major complications with my pregnancy and my doctor has put me on narcotics--I have taken Darvocet, Vicodin & codeine--not all at the same time of course--during my entire pregnancy.  As long as you are under the care of a physician, and you watch how much Tylenol you take, you and the baby will be okay.  Some narcotics are safer than Tylenol!  And what ever you do--don't take asprin, motrin, advil or any other anit-immflamatories.  Just make sure you don't go over the limits that the doctor tells you--and make sure your doctor knows exactly what you are taking.  My doctor has told me that the baby will suffer no long term side effects--but when he is born he may need to be weined off the meds which will take 2-5 days.  
I think that I am pregnant and I am worried about my abuse of headache meds.  I take two to three excedrin per day.  I also take an imitrex for migraine pain about every four days.  Does any one have any advise or knowledge of how to quite these types of meds, and what effect excedrin has on a baby? I know that I have to stop taking them but I am afraid of how I will cope in everyday life with no meds for the migrains.
i have been hooked on vicadin for about 5 years buying them from any one that had them. i was recently treated in the hospital for the past three months and they were givin to me left and right.i found out i was pregnant about four weeks ago. no one knows i even have this addiction. well anyways i was all out of vicadin and i could only get my hands on percacet.that was two weeks ago. i took those and i swore by christmas i wouldnt take anymore and i havent. dnt give me so much credit yet though, i dont know if it was because i switched to a different kind and the vicadin was out of my system or what but it was easy. ive tried to quit numerous times and never could get passed the withdraw symptoms. i still have cold sweats and an uneasy feeling but nothing i cant handle. my question is what harm do you think ive already done?
hi-
write me a message - I'm lashamummyof2 and just had a baby - well, 6 months ago - and I was on percocets all the way through b/c of a broken tailbone. I can talk to you in depth about the baby, any harm done (none probably). the big issues are stopping suddenly can hurt the baby and a slim chance of addiction in the newborn. So far I have yet to speak to a mother who took responsibly and under a doctor's care that had a problem with the baby.
If you want more info on this, I did a lot of research and can help you.
write me.
L

Hi I'm 20 weeks pregnant and have been taking 8-12 5mg of lortab a day.  I'm so scared and ashamed of what I'm doing but I can't stop.  And even if I could I'm scared from everything of read that I could have a miscarriage.  I would love to hear any research you have on this.
I just had hernia surgery.  I was placed under general anesthesia and recieved a boatload of pain meds post surgery both in the hospital and the week and a half following surgery.  I am competely off them now but have missed my cycle and am concerned I am pregnant.  If I am pregnant I am wondering what I have to be concerned about with the anesthesia and narcotics in VERY early gestation (first 2-4 weeks).  Please let me know about any experience you may have had or any research you can direct me to.  Thanks.
you are in luck my wife and i are going to the doctor tommorrow oct 31.she was taking pills all the way up until she found out she was preggers at 2months so we will be asking all these questions.i will even ask the doc about the anesthesia.im sure you already know this but get a home pregnancy test make a docs appointment and congratulations.in my opinion i think your fine as it sounds like you werent a heavy user unlike my wife and i.i will post what i find out tomorrow the minute i get back from the doc and please dont stress over this you are ok.congrats
i need some advice please? my daughter recently gave birth to a healthy little boy,
when she was younger she had an injury to her back and during the pregnancy it at times became unbearable. she sometimes would take 1/2 or a whole percocet to ease the pain, her doctor refused to give any narcotics and i had an old script that i never finished taking of them.
after the baby was born the social worker asked her about the percocets and asked her to bring in a bottle with her name on it to show it was a legit perscription, she didnt want to tell her they were some of my old meds for fear it would get both she and i in trouble.
we no longer even have that bottle either, there was only a few and i had them in a little pill container for a few months.
will this get us in trouble now? her having them in her system at the time she gave birth and by us not having a bottle to show they were legit??
they never said there was anything in the babys system, only in my daughters.
this has us so terrified that we havent been able to sleep in 3 nights  and shes suppose to call the social worker tomorrow !!
can someone pleaseee tell us what may happen??
i never dreamed by her taking a couple of my pills it would be such an issue, but it appears to be.
id appreciate ANY help you may offer
thank you
casandra
Hi I'm from uk I'm not a doctor and I'm not familier with the drug you are taking the names are different in uk. My partner was addicted to heroin when she became pregnant and we went to the docs for advice and he was great it doesn't mean they all will be. He told us about the blood brain barrier and how drugs only work once they get past this point, he told us about wich drugs couldn't harm the baby wich could and there seemed to be a little degree of protection as long as you were not using lots of drugs. He advised us to break down what we were using start a reduction then to get on subutex by the time my partner hit labour she was on 2 mg a day and the baby came out fine with no withdrawels whatsoever. Try and find a doctor ask a friend to go and see them I realy hope everything goes well for you Joey.
I've been on narcotics since 2005.My first back surgery was in 2006 and was unsuccessful.I ran outta insurance soon but filed for disability in 06' and received it finally in August 2008.The beginning of 2009 I had my second back surgery.A 3disk 3level anterior Interbody fusion and they went through the front if course.I've got 3 fake disk spacers,3 plates and 4 screws per plate which is 12 total.I've been in so much pain ever since,wish I would never have had that fusion done.Its ruined my life,cant work or do anything close to what I use to.Im on Opana 6 times a day.Thats a Morphine pill.Immediate release and I also wear a Fentanyl patch that I change every 72 hours.I've lost 3 kids already.Miscarriages which runs in my family.Grandma (moms mom)lost 3 had 4,my mom lost 3 had 3& 1was a twin but she had my brother.He was the twin.They called it a disappearing embryo since after he was born there were 2 sacks.The first time my sister had sex she had a miscarriage&then my aunts have no kids.Those are my grandmas daughters.My question is,and I'm 32 right now,I want a baby before its too late but there's no way with all the pain I have will I be able to get off everything.I wasnt sure what all a woman can take narcotic wise for pain other than pregnancy pain,that I could take the entire term of pregnancy.Along with being pregnant comes with low back pain of course and I already have enough of that and cant deal or suffer with anymore.So if anyone knows if there are any at all I could switch to when or if I got pregnant let me know.My obgyn once said its not good for what I'm on to have a baby.Also she said because of the pain I'm already in,she wasnt sure if I could handle having a baby.Having serious back problems or equipment in their backs surely doesnt stop all women from having kids does it?I dont want to be 40 and still no baby.I do have lots of problems in my marriage as well and he doesnt care about my back pain.Only himself and while he doesnt/hasn't worked since March we live off my disability.Its deeper than that tho.12 years of "deeper than that" plus lots of problems.So back to my question and I'll end it with that,which if any narcotics can women take safely during a pregnancy? Any info on this my name is Sarah C. Thanks alot.Its very important and I appreciate it very much.