Need To Stop Xanax....
I just found out I'm pregnant & I'm prescribed  1mg Xanax 4 times a day. Since I found out I'm pregnant I'm trying to ween myself down to 1 a day till I can find help off of them! There way to dangerous to just stop cold turkey. I had my 1st doctors appt today with a nurse & I told her my concerns! & She said to keep taking 1 a day for now  because it is dangerous to just stop until I talk to my OBGYN but that's not for another month. & I'm not sure if my gyno will know how to safely take me off of the Xanax.But I don't know. Does anybody know a safe drug I could recommend to my gyno when I talk to her about my concern to stop taking xanax all altogether? I feel so bad that I'm even taking 1mg. I want to have the healthiest baby/pregnancy!  Thank you for any idea's or recommendations! :)
Hello and welcome. Congrats on your pregnancy. Going from 4mgs a day to 1 mg a day is too drastic of a drop. You are going to have withdrawal symptoms. The prescribing doctor will have to give you a taper schedule. I don't think the Ob will. I would call the Ob and tell them your concern and try to go in much earlier for an appt.