Need a lil help
I have been with my boyfriend, for 2 1/2 yrs and just found out a few mths ago he has a vicatin addiction . He has had it since we have been together or maybe longer. He has done some dishonest things to get this drug, but the worst is stealing from my children. I am trying to forgive him, he says he will pay every bit back. He says he will get help, but wont . Just curious am I the only idiot that would be with someone who had done this to my children. And if so how can you help the addict, please??????
You can't help the addict if he doesn't want the help. What you can do is tell him he can't be in your house, or around his kids while he's using. That's the only power you have. You have a responsibility as a Mother to make sure he's not driving your kids or endangering them while he's high. Are you prepared to leave him? If not, you're enabling and encouraging his behavior.
You can't help him he has to help himself. And there is nothing you can do or say to make him want to help himself. He will do it when he is ready, no sooner and no later. His addiction is his problem, you need to focus on your children because they are your responsibility. But remember, he will never quit if he knows he can still get everything he wants from everyone around him when he still is using. He has to do more than say sorry and say he will get help.Words mean nothing until the action follows...if he is not the father to your children then you really need to stay away from him...no ifs, ands or buts....seriously, your kids come first, always! Good luck!!! Be strong!!