Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Need help quiting cough syrup!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Need help quiting cough syrup!

Hi. I am 23 years old and have been abusing a cough syrup on a regular basis since July. Around 4 days back when I last consumed it, I felt weird and dull the other day so I paniced and made up my mind that I'll stop it. Since that day I've been feeling dull and my body feels weak. Also, I've a hard time sleeping. I feel scared most of the time, specially when I try falling asleep and because of that I am not able to sleep properly. Even though I am not able to sleep properly, still I am feeling sleepy most of the time. I would like to know how the recovery process for this works and how long will it take and if whether I'd need to take any medications?

Also, if I stop now, will I be ok in the future?

Please help.
Hey.  Someone will be on here prob. tomarrow who can help you out more than I can.  I just wanted to welcome you and tell you that you're not alone.  I've been abusing prescription drugs for a while now.  The withdrawl (withdrawal) from the pills is real bad for the first week (thats what I've been told).  I imagine that coming off of coughsyrup would be simalar.  I've been told the pill withdrawl (withdrawal) feels like you have a real bad flu.  How much have you been taking, and what does it do to you?  Im just trying to figure out if it causes the same feelings as pills, because I imagine if it does, then the withdrawl (withdrawal) will be the same too.  Welcome to the site and good luck hun.
Hi. Like I wrote. I've been feeling dizzy and dull. At times it feels like as if my mind is floating. And my body hurts too. Like last night, I'd a pain in my legs. Also I've been experiencing pains in my stomache which I believe is a gastritis problem. Also I've been suffering from constipation. I've been consuimg around 4 or 5 bottles every week, at times even more. Since June or July last year. Few days back when I felt weird, I paniced and got scared and made up my mind that I'll never do it again. Its been just 4 days since I last consumed it. I am not sure how long it will take before I start feeling better. Also I am feeling depressed because of this because I dont really know if I'll be able to recover, etc. I came here in search of hope and guidance. And yes, I am a person who starts to panic very easily. I've been like this from a long time. I easily get panic attacks etc.
I can relate to you on a lot of what you're saying.  I too am scared that I wont be able to get better, and I get depressed, and I have panic attacks a lot.  What made you start abusing the cough syrup?  Was it because of your depression or anxiety?  Or was it something else?  When you were high on the coughsyrup, what kind of high did you get?  I know that this can all be really scarry.  I admire you a lot because you've already made it 4 days!!!  Thats awesome, I'm still trying to kick the pills.....Its tough.  but I imagine you'll be feelin better soon hun.
One thing to try is hot baths.....Even when I dont take pills for almost a whole day (I know that doesnt sound long, but Im addicted) I feel very weak and cant sleep at all.  I find that if you take a hot bath before bed, it helps me to relax and unwined....This sounds stupid, but something that I've done for years to help me sleep (because I struggle a lot with anxiety, and it comes out a lot when Im laying in bed) but make it a point to have a bedtime rutine.  and make sure to sleep in your bed, and dont spend too much time in your bedroom when you're just hanging out during the day, its important that your bed is for sleeping, that way when you go to your room at night, your body gets into sleeping mode and it feels right.  This may sound weird to you, Im a Toaist, and we practice mindfull breathing, thats where you breath slowly and steadily and are fully aware of your breathing, and thats all you focus on is taking good full breaths.....I practice my mindfull breathing everynight until I fall asleep, it really helps to relax your mind and body, it can be frusterating at first because your mind will wonder to other things, but just gently remind yourself to go back to focusing on your breathing....sounds a little corky, but it helps me a lot.
The reason I started abusing cough syrup was for the euphoria it caused. It used to make me feel really great... atleast back then it did! But now even if I think about it, it scares the life out of me. I've made up my mind that I am going to be sober from this moment onwards.

My main problem is the night. Now that its the 4th day and its afternoon here, I am feeling alright (although still a dull at mind and my legs are hurting bad). I am talking about my state of mind. Its the night thats a problem for me. When I am scared, I dont want to see the dark. And its during those hours I get these panic attacks. And last night when I was trying to fall asleep, even though I was tired, still I was getting these random irritating thoughts and this continued till morning. I kept waking up once or twice every hour. Basically I am not able to sleep in peace. I just think how my parents would feel if they were to find out what I've done. I just hope such a day will never come and that I'll be able to have a normal life.

How long more do you think I'll have to wait till the recovery process starts? And are there any supplements which are recommended? And ofcourse, the question which scares me the most! Is full recovery possible ??

I want to comment on what you wrote and I hope this will help you:

'Thats awesome, I'm still trying to kick the pills.....Its tough.'

I know it must be tough but you just have to stop it. Its just not worth it. I am sure even you must be young like me and you've a whole life ahead of you. I started cough syrup because I felt my life wasnt great. And I used to feel unhappy. But that unhapiness was much better than this 'scared' feeling. As long as your health is fine, no matter how your life might be right now, there will always be a hope for something great to happen tommorow. Stop thinking about your present and start thinking of the future. You'll definitely be able to quit if you start thinking about your future.
A full recovery is possible,if you want it to be. cough syrup is like taking pills, but also like alcohol. Try tylenol PM for sleep help. hot baths will help with the leg aches.immodium will help with the gas problem. Sounds like you are beginning w/d's, so just ride thru them and you will get better.
"As long as your health is fine, no matter how your life might be right now, there will always be a hope for something great to happen tommorow." That is one of the best things to remember right there.Focus on the future, remember your past and that you want something better. good luck and keep posting, much love....
Hi. Thank you for your reply.

Is 'Tylenol PM' a prescribed drug or will I be able to get it without any prescriptions / doctors consulation ?

Also I forgot to mention, just a day after I last consumed this, my body was getting a burning sensation. It felt like as if I was getting a fever and also I was starting to sweat and my ears were feeling warm. This happened once before also, but hasnt happened again in the last two days.

Nothing to worry about, I hope?
You might want to consider asking your doctor for a temporary sleep aid.  You are too young to keep an addiction going as that is all you will focus on and not your life.  If there are issues, you may even know you have them, see a therapist.
TylenolPM is OTC......no dr. rx needed

All the other symptoms sound like normal wds
A full recovery is possible.
Getting clean is the easy part...staying clean is the hard part(the mental part)

You may want to look into attending NA mtgs. or seeing a counselor or therapist to get to the core issues of why you use meds  to make yourself "feel better". .
I think this is an important part of the process...and if you don't deal w/ these issues...they will send you back out there at some point in time...
GOOD LUCK and KEEP POSTING!!!
I am more concerned about the getting clean part. Is there a diet which would or could help my body and brain detox? I've made up my mind this time and I am very sure I'll be able to commit myself to this. I dont want to be scared again and I want to live a normal life. So hopefully, I'll be able to remind myself about all this and make sure I dont get into it ever again.
Hi. I just went through this form and came across The Thomas Recipe. I would like to know if it would be applicable to me?

I am looking to find information on supplements which can help me recover. The Thomas Recipe listed the following:

1. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.
2. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium
3. Vitamin B6 caps

And can this be used as a 'wide-spectrum mineral supplement' : http://www.naturetherapy.com/revital/revital.htm

Please, I am looking for as much information as I can get here.

Thanks.
I'm assuming you were on Phenergan with codeine?  If not, what were/are you taking?  As for anyone suffering from constipation, and these meds. do cause it, please go out and buy yourself some generic Colace, called by it's drug name Docusate Sodium.  It's simply a stool softener, it will NOT cause cramps.  Take two caps, twice a day if you need to get you started, then two caps before bed.  I can almost guarantee you'll thank me later.  I wish you the best of luck with your detox., it is tough, and feels rough, but it is not only possible, it just simply CAN be done.  You can do it, you'll feel SO much better afterward I swear!

Jacqui
Hi Jacqui. I am not sure. This is what the syrup contained: Chlorpheniramine maleate and Codeine phosphate

Does that help?
Welcome... I just want to say that you are doing great, 4 days is a big achievement.
I also wanted to shed a little light on some of your symptoms. Look on this sight for anxiety. Then click on the (red) anxiety prompt. It list symptoms of panic and anxiety disorder. I also suffer from this and just knowing that it DOES cause very physical symptoms can give you some peace of mind. It is different for everyone of course, but, when I feel a panic attack coming on, I begin to feel warm all over, sometimes my extremities such as my fingers or toes feel tingly. My mind feels blank, almost like I forgot what I was supposed to be doing. (daydreamy, if that makes sense). Also, get yourself checked out physically if possible and I would reccommend you talk with a counselor or phsychiatrist, not because I think you are crazy,but, because you obviously have underlying issues that you are not dealing with. Best of Luck to you and I wish you all the best...
Hi Faithful. Thanks

I think you missed the link to that site?

The same thing happens to me when I get a panic attack. I feel scared, start feeling warm, I can hear these noises in my stomache, and also I start feeling dull.

Would a phsychiatrist be able to prescribe something which can help in the recovery process? Or do they just offer counselling for this?
Yeah... I just realized that. I was going to go into it myself and post the link for you and they have changed the medhelp link. Now I dont know how to get there. I know you can look other places such as webmd. Just type in anxiety and click search, then click on symptoms. Hope this is helpful.

Yes all of your symptoms are so consistant with anxiety. Its amazing that a mental feeling or fear can cause such prominant physical symptoms, but it does. A phsychiatrist would be able to prescribe a seditive for you and most of them do for anxiety disorder. Something like valium, xanax or visteril... something along those lines. I am not trying to get you addicted to any thing else, but, anxiety is real and in combination with counseling the medication is helpful. I would not take it in excess, prescription drugs like these work very quickly to calm you so I would just take as needed. When you feel overly anxious take it, when you feel good and stable, dont. just my opinion. that way you wont become dependant on them.
Sorry it took me so long to get back here, but........that's what I thought, about the codeine at least.  I personally think, especially if you hadn't been experiencing any of those s/s before having taken the cough syrup, that you're having w/d related anxiety and just plain old w/d.  It doesn't matter that you're still taking it.  You've developed a tolerance and a dependence to it.  Again, provided you weren't this way before, or haven't had something traumatic or otherwise happen to you, I believe that all of this will pass after you've completely detoxed off of it.  

Jacqui
Hi everyone. Its been 17 days since I am clean. And I am feeling great :) I stopped coming here because I wanted to divert my mind. I am not sure what was wrong with me. But whatever I was experiencing, it faded in 7 days.. I guess I was just getting panic attacks?

The fear is gone now but I get headaches at times. But then, I got these headaches before I even got myself involved into abusing this thing. So it might not be related.
That's fantastic!  Stay away from that stuff and any other drugs!  Proud of you!   Headaches suck.......... They control my life.....sniffle sniffle.  Thanks for checking back in, it's so nice to here people getting clean!  
Hi Guys. Its been over 45 days since I have been clean :) And I feel happy about it.
Although I have a few questions I am looking answers for.

I feel weak physically and my stamina has lowered. I get tired easily and feel shortness of breath when I do something physical.

Also, this is weird but I feel my bones have become weak. For example, if I give a moderate hit to myself on the shoulder, I feel somepain. I have noticed the same thing on my ribs.

And I have been experiencing erectile dysfunction. Although I had this problem from the last 2 to 3 years. So it might not have a direct relation to the abuse. I know cough syrup causes erection dysfunction. The problem is that, I dont get an erection easily. And when I do, its not hard enough. But if I masturbate, it becomes strong. Is this treatable? And what kind of doctors would I need to visit for these problems?
All these drugs make you lose your sex drive.  That will fix itself after you are clean for a while.  I took cough meds with hydro in it for 4 years.  It's as tough as all the others to withdraw from.  You are almost done with feeling like you are dying.  You will probaly be with no energy for a few weeks after that.  GIve in and nap and rest.  When you feel a energy moment, put it to good use.  You will love it as the fog leaves you and counting days beween scripts.  You will catch up on the laundry and all the other stuff eventually.  I love being clean and really have to urges for it.  I sleep regular hours again.  I don't fall asleepat the movies, a borig meeting etc.  The euphoric feeling stops eventually and all that super energy goes away.  If you can get valium-need script you can sleep through the worst of it.  You are almost there.  Congrats on 4 days and good luck.
PS  the constipation is part of the narcotics.  Also check this site for the Thomas recipe-it really helps
I have been abusing cough syrup for the past three 3 years in small dosages every day. I don't know why I continue to do it, but I want it to stop so badly. There's no reason I do it, I just do. I don't want to die one day because of it. Anyone who has any advice could really help, it's the only thing ruining my life.
Hang in there. What are you using dxm or codein?
I am more eager on asking than advising, what is it thats stopping you from quitting the habit? If I could do it then so can you.
I'm not sure what is keeping me from it... I use it a lot to enhance the way I look at reality through my art work. I'm also afraid I'll be depressed if I stop using it. But I hate using it.. I am compelled by something that drives me to the store everyday to get that dxm...I steal it usually, because I can't afford the habit. it's pathetic. I also am a heavy drinker of alcohol. I am a pretty young artist who had a future ahead of me these are the things holding me back.. any advice whatsoever could help. I don';t think doctors or my parents took it seriously.
I am a programmer myself and I like to consider it to be an art rather than a science. During my days of cough syrup I too felt it helped me focus and gave me motivation. But one day I realized the habit is eventually going to take my life. Also I did a lot of things under its influence which I now regret. And one of those things was marriage. I could never think straight. All the time my thoughts were altered and this is something I realized when I became sober.

There is no advice to give. You either stop the habit or you don’t. You yourself admit you are young and you have a whole life ahead of you. The good thing here is that you acknowledge the problem. So that’s a start.

In my opinion breaking the cough syrup addiction is easier compared to other synthetic drugs. What I mean to imply here is that the withdrawals you will experience from cough syrup won’t be as bad as other drugs. And they'll last for a week at max. You basically have two problems here. One with cough syrup and the other with alcohol, which too is a drug. I cannot help you with the alcohol problem but I will try giving you some insight on how to break the cough syrup addiction.

It’s the addiction that compels you to go to the store. Resist the craving and don’t consume it for a day. If you can stay sober for one day, you can for another. Do just that. Stay sober for two days and then think of the third day. Then the forth and the fifth. Set a target. Maybe a week? If you can stay sober for one week, you most definitely can for another week. Make sure your current no. one priority is to stay sober. Thats primary, everything else thats going on in your life make them secondary. This is how I did it. I came here to medhelp 4 days after giving up the bad habit.

Regarding depression. It works two ways. Depression can lead to substance abuse and vice versa! If you develop a depression once you are sober then there is treatment available for that. But let’s not get into that right now.

Remember, count every single day and feel proud. You'll be able to do it, trust me! Not because I am saying so but because I am 9 months clean now :)

And please make a post on the forum and ask if whether its safe to quit DXM cold turkey. Cold Turkey means quitting the habit at once. The cough syrup I abused contained codeine and I went cold turkey.
I did well for one day, how ever today I'm getting an extreme urge. I just might do it, but I hate to. Then I have to start soberness all over again, and I only lasted a day. I need to do this because I made a commitment to myself and my father. I can't let my father down,  I need to make him proud of me and happy because he's sick, and I don't know how many years he'll be around. He's the best person alive, and the closest to me. Why is this so hard for me? The image of him should be strong enough to beat this. Especially when this whole thing is so stupid. I need to continue the strength in my myself. I don't want to go to rehab. I want these thoughts to stop going through my head, they won't go away. I'm on antidepressant (wellbutrin) also. This helps, but not with this. Thanks for all the advice people have already given me, I know it's myself who has to do this, who has to keep the strength to do this. If i do do it again, I'll just feel even more guilty and upset with myself. :(
oh and by the way, the main substance I've been abusing over the past couple years is Corcedin cough and cold, and alcohol. I'm 20. I'm a young pretty girl. I know this. Its draining me.
what is DXM?  an the corcedin?  what kind of cough syrup is that?  i am just curious.  it makes you high?  you don't have to answer if you don't want to talk about it now ok
I'm 28 years old and I've been hooked on to this habit for more than 10 years. It started when Once I bought Corex for an severe cough. I got a high and was addicted to it since then. What really disgusts me is that I'm also responsible for spoiling one more life along with me i.e, of my girlfriend. It gives me bouts of depression. She is also on cough syrups with me for all this time. My life really is in shambles. I've quited my job (I was working with American Express and had a good future) and have been sitting unemployed for past 4 years. If it wouldn't have been for my girlfriend who is working it would have been impossible for me to survive. We spend daily more than 350Rs on smokes and cough syrups. Right now I've been taking Rexcof which is a cough syrup of an different brand.

I just keep on playing computer games 24x7 with my room closed and am very attached to my dog. Who has incidentally suffered because of my habit. Couple of times earlier I did tried to kick this habit but could not cause one of us backed out.

But now as I'm growing older and getting depressed about wasting so much time of my life I've once and for all decided to quit this habit after discussing this with my girlfriend. I really donot want to go to an rehab.

It's been 3 days today and I will keep all of you guys updated what happens next.

Also I'd like to mention that my elder brother was also addicted to Spasmo Proxyvon and even after marriage he wasn't able to kick the habit. He is facing the consequences now and has gone to a very good private hospital in New Delhi which has admitted him for fifteen days to help him to kick the habit and live a normal life. This is what has really spooked me and led me to take this decision.

My girlfriend and me are also facing withdrawal effects of Cough syrups such as body ache especially in legs and arms while going to sleep. Any help will be appreciated to kill the pain.
UnKnown User
Hey All: I am 26 years olf and I have been addicted to sleeping pills and cough syrup going on 3 years now. It started with sleeping pills and then it wasn't working anymore and then I had to up them till I was taking like 13-16 pills just to go to sleep. Then it made me start feeling really weird like I wanted to go to sleep but couldn't. My throat would close up and I would just lay in bed for hours NOT SLEEPING. I then found cough syrup and that worked I switched between them but they get the job done. I tried really hard to quit and was good for about a month and then my itch came back and now it seems impossible to stop because I know what comes next. Crankyness and no sleep and feeling like crap. I know what it can do to my body and somehow that should make me care but it doesn't. I really want to stop and fall asleep like a regular person but I have been reading these posts and sorry to say but there are no real suggestions that would help me.
i have been helping my boyfriend fight the addiction to cough meds. the symptoms u describe is what he goes through when coming off the cough meds. he has no access to any money now. he has been clean for a month. he says its very hard to fight the need but its worth it. go to ur doctor and see u can be prescribed ambian for help on sleeping. he said thats best sleep aide and no side effects in the morning. best of luck.
This corex addiction is probably the worst of all addictions ! It surely messes up your life.While the initial high you get at the beginning is alluring, the prolonged use leads to acute depression and an attitude that "Hell, I care "  . I am a prolonged user almost six years and I can tell you that there's nothing worse than Corex. I have even given it up for a period of six months but then I again fell into it at the slightest temptation such as feeling low on a day, feeling victimised and so on. The point is you will always remain vulnerable even when you give up !  So even as you try to be clean, remember that everyday you don't take the syrup is a big accomplishment you should be proud of. I tell you guys, tell it to yourself everyday "Enough is enough with this ****..and I got to do so many things in life". I have given up this **** now but ever so, I always tell myself " Bloody, you are a guy for heaven sake....act like one. " Damn,it's the law of nature to fight for your survival and giving up this **** is only the first step. GUYS, YOU ALL CAN DO IT - God damn, there's more beauty in life than this ****
i hope now u are clean. i had been addicted to cough syrup for 4year and my wife son left me, i had been so depressed, i know the pain of quitting cough syrup, i dont have much friend and i use cough syrup to make me feel better for my depressed for the past 4year. because of those addicted drug med it mess my life up and i regret taking it but i know it's too late for me to save my marry and painful past. right now i try to quitting it and take a new life may god bless me
Wow, I have read a lot of these comments and they are inspiring and relatable.

I am 17, I have been taking cough and cold pills for about the past two years. I almost overdosed more than once and have witnessed my friend taken  to the ER during an overdose while mixed with alchohol. I have some in my system right now, actually. I need to stop. I was too young to realize what I was doing when I began taking these pills. I have dug myself into a hole that has changed me forever. Although dextromethoraphan has made me feel beautiful in so many ways i can not express, I can not go on with this drug addiction. Symptoms are slowly but surly increasing. Stomache problems, dizzyness, fatigue, ADD, slowness on reacting, weight loss, weakness.

Slowly but surly my body is shutting down on me and I think if i stop now I can preserve and repair the physical damage done due to the large ammount of pills consumed.

A scarry calculation :
2 boxes / week (each box containing 16 pills)
for 2 years = 3,072 pills consumed.

I love life so much, I wish I didnt hurt my body to the extent. But what is done is done and now is the time that I really need to snap out of it. Wake up! If I want to continue living, go to college, fall in love, have baby,
I must get off the dextromethorphan addiction.

Good luck to everyone who has a problem.
It is a crazy universe. Life is precious and fragile
Friends, I've been abusing a cough syrup called Tossex
(each bottle contains 300mgcodeine+CPM20mg,& contains ***@****%).
this was since  2yrs. But i was irregular like weekly once, two days once,
than started with each bottle a daily, since 3 months i am on 2-3 bottles
everyday. Even recently in between few weeks before i tried it to quit for
2days forcefully & underwent severe with drawl like sweating and tiredness,  irritation, insomnia etc., as everyone here know about this common WD ****.

I was assuming that WD will stay with me for ever and a codeine
addict should not quit instantly it may cause severe damage than the real addiction. How wrong i was :(.

So I had plan A by
quitting this addiction by reducing the dosage day by day. This didn't work out for me because i am back
on 2-3 bottles again!  
But one thing for sure, I am confident that one can easily fight with this
addiction because finding a med without prescription from a store or multiple stores
is mostly annoying and med store guys can easily suspect the abuse and refuse to give, this has happened to me many times.
Fighting WD is not a big deal. It's easier than abusing and be ashamed!

I am much thankful to all you guys in this thread :)  
Because I am happy to know that a codeine addict can quit this **** instantly.  
special thanks to "shadowknight" for sharing his success with all of us. Very inspiring.

P.S "Codeine addicts can quit the habit instantly and WD will last for only a week or two but HIGHLY PAINFUL".
This is should be  the banner updated all over the internet forums so people like me will be advised.

Good luck :)
I have been abusing coughn for the last 2 years. I am currently 23.

It all started just for fun, it was really exciting, to feel out of this world. Being in peace with yourself, to view the world and things from a different point of view. Coughn has chnaged it chemical and it is now called Coughn Rx. I have to tell you what happened last year to myself, that is when i was only 22. I used to abuse one whole bottle of coughn on a daily basis. One saturday night, i consumed a bottle of coughn and some weeds. Really high and i did not sleep since i wanted to enjoy this despicable pleasure. The next day, i was feeling restless, and took another half bottle at 13:00 and you know how you feel the urge to keep smoking when you take coughn!!!

I GOT A CARDIAC ATTACK AT 17:30!!!

So i quit but unfortunately with the company of my friends i restarted coughn on a daily basis till 7 days back. I really though that enough is enough. In fact with this Coughn RX, we get a sort of diarrhea, and also we have the urge to keep smoking. I have had difficulty to urinate and i used to masterbate whenever i had coughn, it took me longer to ejaculate and had a burning sensation whenever i ejaculated under the effect of coughn.

But life is not like this, and i started feeling dull and depressed on anything and everything. You became a sort of philosophe. But after learning that we can be victim of erectile dysfunction, i told myself , SEX and love making is much better. I want to make my wife enjoy good sex and become a father someday.

So it is 7 days that i have quit. Before, i do not know but there was something compelling me to go to a drugstore everyday and have my daily dose. Became just like a drug addict.

During the first 3 days, it was really terrible, you feel weak, feel like sleeping but you are not able to sleep. But i do was to masterbate, so as to get this sleep. Also you feel your head turning,  and its another sensation when you smoke a cigarette. I feel like i have a breathing problem and i cannot do repetitive action. Also whenever i slept, i keep dreaming, making terrible dreams and had difficulty to wake up to go to work and you feel that your body is heavy.

On the 5th day, one of my friend called me to share a coughn, but fortunately i got the courage to tell him that i do not have many even though i did have money.

But since the last two days, that is o the 6th and 7th day, i feel itchy. I feel terrible, my hands feel weird as well is my feet. I feel that i am having mosquitoes bites, but there is no mosquitoers at my place. I would like to know for how many days will this itching sensation remain.. And i have not slept today at all. And here i am writing this to you. i READ the commends and i really want to commend those who have been able to quit.

If i am able to quit this bad habit of mine for 1 month, i will try to stop smoking completely and just smoke weed each night before sleeping.

I just want to know, if there is going to be any adverse effect on me. Do i need to go to a doctor to check on my bones and internal organ. I really fear having erectile dysfunction. Because you need to know that if you please your wife sexually, never ever will she be an infidel to you , no matter how beautiful is that other man!!!

Take care, let us stop thios habit and live our life!!! Life is beautiful, is it not. I have been impressed with the guy who said that he want to make his father proud who is currently sick. We pray that your father will be better soon.
hi, I have lot of dry cough problem. Bcause of it, i feel headache, & some times get fever. So I started using some cough syrup. But even I feel getting addicted to it. I want to get rid of dry cough and these cough syrup permanently. would some 1 pl help me.
I hope benjasix that you have quit.

The best thing is that most of the commentators here are those who have been addicted to cough syrups but now hate it. Hating the habit is very important otherwise quitting would be tough.

Once you are clear it is bad habit and you decide to quit please remember 1-2 weeks are going to be tough. People who have never been addicted to anything will not understand your behavior for sure and maybe question you about the sate of your health and behavior but do not despair. Just get through 2 weeks and you will be fine. The worst WD symptoms is the depression that you get which knocks you out and you have to withstand that to come out clean.

In the end give it 2 weeks and you will succeed.

hi to all the guys here,hope i can help some of u guys here,i have been taking this dhyseda for more den 4years.i wanted to quit badly but i just can't stop drinking it.The side effect for this mixture is u will drowsiness,dry mouth,stomach upset,loss of appetite,diarrhoea,restlessness,tremors,irregular heart beat,muscular twitching,difficulty in passing urine and in the end u will find it very hard to stand for ur didi(****).If u guys wan to quit u can't stop drinking at onces this does not works out well.The actual way to stop it is u got to cut down the volume u drink days after days.cos our body cannot tell how much volume u actually need.You must really have the mind that u wanted to quit thus self desciple is needed.Nowadays dhysedal mixture is getting more and more expensive unlike last time u could actually get 1 bottle 90ml @ the price of $6 but now 1 90ml bottle cost u $35 its crazy !!! but when u r addicted to it u will not have much choice.everyday work till like dog and all our hard earn money goes to those stupid cough mixture, now more and more ppl are getting dhysedal to get high as this is not a control drug yet in the market,safer from those class A,B,C drug.u will not get caught for taking dhysedal but u will be caught for taking ABC .Some of the nice DR really earn big time by prescribe dhysedal to their patient 2x 90ml bottle $40+ , this is wat i had been thru and i know how it feel when u r taking it or  when u r not taking it cos u wan to stop.i can say its not easy,
Are you trying to quit?
i try before but failed.its really easy to say den to do so.I'm just sharing my experience with everyone here , thinking back really regret drinking it. All my saving just gone to dhysedal and now i feel like working cos of dhysedal cannot see my future ahead.
cut down the volume really help? i am trying to do this
Hi i m drinking cough syrup (Tossex) from  from last 7 year, and i lost lot of money, always i have financial problem, till now i married, i feel so bed for using this, now i want to stop this bed habit. please help me.
Our 22 year old son died on August 23, 2012.  He drowned in a swimming pool, under the influence of DEXTROMETHORPHAN.  Cough syrup.  His dad knew he was using this and didn't help him.  Everyone kept silent.  No one told us.  The Medical Examiner and Police told us!!!

Please, PLEASE everyone - this will KILL you!!!!  If no one seems to care what you are doing - get away from those people - even so-called family! Get away from the people/family who enable you!

THIS IS SERIOUS!!

It is too late for our son - but YOU can get help!!  
I hear you brother, but it's probably from lil wayne the rapper before and got people into it more and etc...but bro it all get's better.....hang in there i promise i know words dont mean nothing to u right now i was like that, like whatever..but after a week or 2....be good again i promise and no turning back gotta commit tho.
iam 24 years old and i have been taking cough syrup containing codeine 10 mg for the last 6 month and from yesterday i quit consuming it i took 5 to 6 bottle regularly and i never felt anything like side effect but from yesterday when i suddenly quit taking it....i feel very insecure and very frightened for no reason and my skin started itching and mild fever till tonight .i cannot sleep eat and hangout like last night i was walking in my room and suddenly i started seeing things blur and fall down ..i never experience this kind of stuff. my father owns a small private firm and every weekend he told me to give some presentation on the loss and gain of the firm with a chart (iam a graduate in commerce ).when iam high i give this presetation(analysis) descentlY but when i started quitting i cannot calculate even 2 digit number and very nervous on everything ..frankly i feel like commiting suicide if my dad find out about this addiction am dead..
PLEASE anyone i need your help my doctor told me to quit i did i quit but am left with side horrible side effect he [doctor] prescribed me some pills like arpezolam and otc but it is not working.....anyone please i need your help.....
I work with a lady who is totally addicted to cough syrup the brand is unknown - I have seen her swiging it in her car at breaks she has brought it in with her in a pill bottle but it leaked so now she is mixing it in her tea has well in her soda the other day really got me she came in wrk w a sweatshirt on that had orange stuff all the way down it - I asked her what it was yup it was cough syrup - Im much younger then her I don't no what to really say to her- she is grouchy all the time - do I just let it go?