Need helpfor what to do to get off Subs
I started taken sub  as a treatment to help from w/d from Lortab.  I had an addiction for the last 3 years.  I am seeing a dr who was on a list from my insurance company.  I started about 1 week ago.  The dr. is a moron.  He saw me the 1st time and gave me the wrong prescription.  I tried reaching him after hours and he dn even have a service. I saw him on Tuesday and he was going to write script for next 3 months. I am having serious concerns if this was the right move.  I had tried to go cold turkey and taper down with Lortabs. It was horrible and I just had to use Lortab again. I don't seem to have any symptoms of w/d with subs. except horrible leg pain. Has anyone had luck with Sub. or am I going down another dead end?  I am taking 2 strips of 8mg/2mg per day for the next month.  That is when we are going to start to taper down.  I also see a psychologist.  I don't know if I should find another dr. or just continue to work with this guy and tell him how I need to taper down. I would find someone else but he is covered at 100% and the dr in Network just aren't very good. Should I just stop taking them.  So confused!
  Hi I don't personally have any experience with sub, I'm sure someone will be along that does....I took methadone for an addiction to pills...but I've heard good and bad about sub. Just don't do like I did and turn to methadone ...the most horrible time in my life, when I was on that crap!
It sounds like the Sub doctor does not have your best interest in mind. Has he acquainted you with recovery care? That's part of the Sub program...

Have you been taking this for a month? You do not have to take anything that you don't want to take. You will have withdrawals no matter which way you go and they won't last long at all.   Do some research and make your decision. If you decide to stop the Sub, you should taper it down before you jump. I would see a different doctor for advice, as well.

Good luck with this!
In my opinion that is WAY too much sub for a hydro addiction. They all want to put u on that much. I can't tell you how much to take but I can say that I was on sub for over a year and tell you what I did. I was probably addicted to somewhere  etween 40-80 mg oxy/hydro. My dr gave me 2 8 mg subs a day. I only needed 4 mg at first. Man I had a ton stockpiled. WD from sub sucked big time. It changed my ways but I can say its worse than regular opiate WD. Whatever you do flush what you have when you are done if you are ready to quit bc you will want to take it.
I think you are right.  That's why I only took a 1 month script vs. 3months. I can not believe how horrible these doctors are.  They must get commission. I am going to try and go to 11/2 strip for the month and then go to him for the taper off script. I'll try and do some research and find out what a good taper off schedule can be.  
Thanks for your help.
I have a good psychologist so she might be able to find some referrals for me.  She is not in my network for insurance but she is great.  The treatment was so expensive out of network that's why I went with this guy.
He actually wanted to give me 3 months. I had to tell him I just wanted a month. On the Sub website they tell the doctors they must met with patient once a week. What a horrible person he is.
Thanks for your help
There are a doctors out there who don't know much about it. Some are terrible people and others are Ill informed. My dr was a nice dude who thought he was doing some good but taking more than half of an 8 mg sub got me high. I was like sweet so now insurance covers me whenever I wanna get high. My psychologist is the one helped me to use it as a tool like it is intended for and that helped.  Hang in there and use it like a drug that you would take like for blood pressure and don't vary dose or time. That helps break the patterns of an addict- oh and use only once a day. Good luck!