Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Need to get off Ultram to get pregnant
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need to get off Ultram to get pregnant

I'm hitting a road block in our journey to get pregnant. I have FMS, and have been on 8 Ultram a day for 12 years.
I've managed to get to 5 tablets a day.... I'm struggling...
I have a pain management doctor, but they said to go to one tablet 4 times a day and then continue to drop off a tablet every 2 weeks... I'm miserable

has anyone else gotten off of Ultram, and what steps did you take. Is there another medicine that would help with the side effects of withdraw...

Also... does anyone know of a chat support group... I can distract my self reading ect... but sometime it would be nice to chat with someone while I'm going through the worst parts..

Please any help is greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance also..

M
Tags: ultram
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1416133_tn?1351126817
Check out the Tramadol and Ultram thread.  Especially the very first pages started back in 2007 - you'll get alot of good info there.

Good luck to you - I'm over a year and a half clean from tramadol so I promise you it's possible to get off this poison for good.
Blank
From what I have gathered Ultram has SSRI like properties...so you could check out the anxiety/depression forums at this site? Many posters talk about how difficult getting off them is so don't let the doctors/nurses take your symptoms lightly (some still believe that it is not addictive). Plus, I think there is an increased chance of seizures?  So don't taper too quickly.
Best of luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank