Need to get off Ultram to get pregnant
I'm hitting a road block in our journey to get pregnant. I have FMS, and have been on 8 Ultram a day for 12 years.
I've managed to get to 5 tablets a day.... I'm struggling...
I have a pain management doctor, but they said to go to one tablet 4 times a day and then continue to drop off a tablet every 2 weeks... I'm miserable

has anyone else gotten off of Ultram, and what steps did you take. Is there another medicine that would help with the side effects of withdraw...

Also... does anyone know of a chat support group... I can distract my self reading ect... but sometime it would be nice to chat with someone while I'm going through the worst parts..

Please any help is greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance also..

M
Check out the Tramadol and Ultram thread.  Especially the very first pages started back in 2007 - you'll get alot of good info there.

Good luck to you - I'm over a year and a half clean from tramadol so I promise you it's possible to get off this poison for good.
From what I have gathered Ultram has SSRI like properties...so you could check out the anxiety/depression forums at this site? Many posters talk about how difficult getting off them is so don't let the doctors/nurses take your symptoms lightly (some still believe that it is not addictive). Plus, I think there is an increased chance of seizures?  So don't taper too quickly.
Best of luck