Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Nerve damage

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Nerve damage

Has anyone here experienced nerve damage from long term tramadol/opiate use?  I have read that this is possible.  I am having tingling pain in my shoulder blades and soreness down my spine.  Any experiences??  I am 37 days clean of tramadol and 3 days off fiorcet    
I'm 27 days off vic's, off an 8-year habit, and I still have tingling in my arms, sometimes legs.    It's not consistent, just sometimes, and occasionally it feels like I'm getting little electrical shocks.    I never thought of it as nerve damage, but you may be onto something.
How did you get off the floircet did you taper off or did you CT of it ? I personally have never heard of nerve damage you would have to go to the doctor and get it check out .
italia that might be rls some people get it in there arms and legs
Thanks - for some dumb reason I just assumed that RLS affected just legs.  
For some people they get it in there arms as well ...I really feel for people I only had it in my legs I can not imagine having it in both
I tapered but then relapsed to 2 a day for a week and then went cold turkey 3 days ago.
demi when did the tingling start?
It has Been pretty consistent since I went off the tramadol. I remember a few days when I was clean of both drugs that I had no pain.  As soon as I relapsed to the fiorcet it started back again.