New Doctor Proposed Prescribing Amphetamines
I am a recovering speed addict.  I have ADD and Sleep Apnea.  My old doctor left recently and I have a new doctor who put me on Provigil.  It was disastrous.  I cried constantly and felt exhausted after small spurts of energy.  I couldnt focus and I was nervous.  I was very depressed, also.  After this, she thought about putting me back on the drug I abused a few years ago, Adderall.  Of course, my eyes lit up.  I loved this drug.  It worked wonderfully for me.  I ended up putting it up my nose.  She knows my history.  My previous doctor would never even put me on Provigil, let alone Adderall.  She wanted to try it, with my husband giving me the pill each day, but the attending physician didnt agree.  My husband is furious, saying he is going to complain about her and if I went back on it I would be thrown out.  All I want is to be normal again.  I want to function.  My sleep apnea makes me exhausted, even with my CPAP machine, and Adderall is the only thing that ever helped.  I know I screwed up badly, but I want someone to work with me so I can have another chance at a normal life. I cant stand living the way I am.  Is this asking too much?  If I am dosed I cant abuse it.,
Have you ever tried Stratera? It is a non-stimulant that I have heard many adults w/ADD say works wonders for them!
going back to the Adderall does not sound like a very good idea, especially if your husband is going to "throw you out" for it. Even the attending physician did not feel like this was the proper treatment for you, as you stated.
You, like the rest of us, are an addict. If you are given this med, even rationed by your husband, you will most likely FIND A WAY to abuse it! Doesn't sound like its worth the risk to me!
What were you taking before you got this new doctor and was it helping?
I would seriously look for another doctor who will listen to your concerns and come up with a better plan than putting you back on a med you abused.
I haven't checked this site in a few weeks.  Sorry.  My old doctor gave me Wellbutrin and that's the furthest he would go with anything resembling a stimulant.  It didnt help that much, but he helped me therapeutically. Now I don't have any security seeing this new doctor and I want my old one back, but he had told me he wanted to take me, but he is too busy.  My new doctor is now saying she and the attending physician never got the help I needed and plan to fool around with my meds.  I am Bipolar also, so I am really uptight about this.  Med changes have landed me in the hospital.  Now they are saying maybe I'm not Bipolar.  I am just so confused and insecure.  So that's my story right now.