Night Sweats
My questions is---My boyriend (tony) is on day 25 of colt turkey from a 10-15 a day 10mg perc habbit.  He is doing pretty good overall but for the last few nights he is exp. night sweats.  I mean sweat pouring from him, soaking the bed and pillow.  So much that it wakes me and him. Is this common due to wd still or is this maybe something else? Thanks any comment or suggestion would help

Lisa
Jacksonville,FL  
Hey Lisa,

With the usual night sweats I always got days 2,3,4, you are OK and all of a sudden you are having a hot flash and are drenched and feel like you're in a sauna.  You kick off the covers and then 10 min later, you are cold and put the covers back on.  Then this process repeats itself all night.  I always get those the first 3 days or so.  

The other day though, (day 9, I think) the chills and night sweats started again.  With these sweats I'm getting now.  I don't get ANY hot flash.  I feel cold the entire time but sweating bad from mostly above the waist only.  The wetter my shirt becomes, the more I shiver until I am freezing.   I was shaking so bad when I finally got up the first night they came back, could hardly walk or turn on bath tap.  

I would be interedted if Tony's sweats are the usual kind or if they feel different to him this time around????

Thanks Lisa and hello from the North!!!

bob

sweating the toxins out is never comfortable but you can do things that help.. lay down towels on his pillow and over the sheets they soak it up and make it not so uncomfortable.. then change when they get wet He may get a lil more sleep this way.. You should also as it does not spread this way sorta contained.. This should not last much longer.. he should drink a lot of water to flush his system.. and a Big Congrats on 25 days !!
Thanks for your comments I will let him know
it is common have night sweats everyone body is different how stores stuff and maybe he has finally got everything out system,,,Hope so and hope he is doing better. Stay strong and God Bless
thanks holliee   I was telling him it was normal but he was worried because it has been 25 days.  I agree I think it is just all comming out.

Lisa