Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Night sweats? This helped me

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Night sweats? This helped me

I wanted to pass along something that worked for me in dealing with night sweats. I took a and wet hand towel, not dripping wet but fairly wet, placed it on my stomach, placed plastic over that and ten wrapped a dry towel around that. I kept it all in place with the belt on my terry bath robe. I woke up several times to relieve my bladder, which is when I had been waking up with the cold sweats. My wife told me that the idea behind this is to regulate your gut temperature and it worked for me. If you are one of those experiencing night sweats, it might be worth a try.
Tonight is the night... will let you know tomorrow! Should have done it last night, sweat my shirt off! At least it wasn't the entire sheet, like at the beginning!
Thanks for the tip Bayaba! I was especially plagued by night sweats! Also, because I am going through menopause (sorry if that's TMI) I still get them a lot! I bet this may help other women like me as well! I'm gonna try it!
I know I'm going to try this TONIGHT!  LOL

Thanks!
I really appreciate this idea... thank you. Sweats are on and off for me now. Had them last night, going to give this a whirl!
vicki, cleanguy, were you able to try this last night?
If so, did it work for you?
Let me know.
This worked for me... thank you thank you thank you!
You are welcome!

I hope others might find this helpful as well.

Now I just need to start getting some sleep again, it's been a few days with none again.