Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Non Narcotic Pain Killers ??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Non Narcotic Pain Killers ??

Does anybody know of a non narcotic pain killer that can help me with my back problems.??There is one I take and I forget the name but it leaves me with a sick tummy.....I have degenerative disc disease and scoliosis, etc and some days I feel like screaming! I don't want to awaken the monster of my addiction again !!! EVER Thanks.
Hi.

wow, so sorry.  wish i could help you.  ever try massage?

Kova
Have you tried acupuncture? That may have some positive results. My doc tells me tramadol can help without the euphoric effects. It's still an opiate unfortunately.  

I have deep empathy for your chronic pain condition.
All the best.
david
Sometimes steroids help. My dentist gave me something that he said was 20x stronger than ibuprofin and it was a steroid. dextromethosomething. It helps with bone pain and inflamation (inflammation). Best luck. Corey
toradol, it doesnt really work for me though
toroidal have only be used for very short amounts of time ...there is mobic
there is also a pain forum here on medhelp...most are resigned to narcotics there tho....and that is a choice chronic pain patients make and it is their choice...not everyone is an addict..i was/am...i found that inversion therapy has helped me tremendously...i also have scoliosis which caused DDD.. fusions and fighting not to have another fusion....narcotics only make u interpret pain differently...doesnt make it go away just interrupts the signals to the brain...i have chosen more direct methods like massage, lengthening my disc space with inversion therapy, accupressure, heat ice and whatever else seems to work...yoga has been a life saver for me..keep posting
That "donkey kick to your back" comment was totally uncalled for. Go to another support forum with your nasty comments.

Avisg..... I am asking you to delete that hurtful comment that jmgenova said  out of respect to the addicts that became that way due to chronic pain. Your a chronic painer yourself. Don't you find that uncalled for?
yeah, what the heck was that comment all about?!?! should be deleted...
Thanks for the support with this horrible comment. This person should be kicked off the site. What an a$$hole!!!!! This really pissed me off more than you can imagine b/c I need pain meds that are non addictive as I have chronic pain. What a jerk.

Everyone that agrees should comment!!!!!!!!!!!
guess i mised it cos i dont see the comment anymore!...guess it was really outa line!  and very true..many here are pain patients...we are battling to stay clean and also battling pain...and most of us are doing a dern good job of it!
I don't know what the comment was either???.What  I get from reading ProdigalGirl comment is that he was nasty and not understanding let's pray for him cause some of us hurt to and don't know how to be nice to others. Thanks tho .  ISN"T IT GREAT TO BE CLEAN AND GRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE?? LOVE IT
What the VA has me on now is Gabapentin or the common name Neurontin and anatripaline.... both are non narcotic. I’m not a big fan of the side effects for me, I have gained over 23lbs in over a month. As far as getting rid of the pain...well some days are better than others.