Norco/Vicodin/Hydrocodone...what's the difference
What is the difference in Vicodin and Hydrocodone?  I have been reading many posts and everyone is taking Vicodin.  Has anyone every heard of Norco?  Is Norco as addictive?  I am in shock at the number of people that are addicted to these things.

I had a friend die from an accidental OD when he was almost 40.  He had many back surgeries and lived his daily life in pain all of the time.  Doc quit giving him his meds, so he bought them off the street.

Any info anyone can give me will be helpful.

Thanks!
This is the name for the opiate in Vicodin, Lorcet, Norco and I think there are other names.....not sure of them.  They are all the same. Some tabs may have more hydro (10mg v 5 mg) and or more or less acetaminophen.  One is as addictive as the next and YES they are dangerous and highly addictive!  That was my DOC and it is one tough habit to kick!

Hope this helps!
Marcie
Hydrocodone is the main ingrediant in all of those you mentioned and is like super addictive.  The difference between Norco and Vicodin is the amount of Tylenol (it varies like 10/325 norcos have 10mgs of hydrocodone and the other amount is tylenol.  Norco has less tylenol than vicodin and is preferred by people taking more than prescribed because tylenol can/will damage your liver.  Vicoprofen has the hydro and Ibuprofen in it..... If you are here getting info on pills that you are taking I suggest you take heed to the fact that they are addictive and adjust care accordingly.
Fish
Can I just say ..... ^^^^^ that was very well said
I don't have any problem admitting that I am addicted to Norco.  Have been for 4 years or more.  I ran out on Tuesday.  Went all day Wednesday and was OK, when I got home I found 1 that I had laying around and took it.

Thursday, I almost lost my mind!  I had tramodol and took about 4 of them in 6 hours.  My stomache was cramping, I could hardly lift my head up and I was at work.  I called pharmacy to call doc and they filled my script.  I was so relieved.  

Now today, I have had a SEVERE headache all day, started last night.  I don't know if my body is freakin out because I went almost a whole day without any or what.  I have an appetite, but when I eat I feel like I am going to be sick but haven't.  I feel like total **** and I have pills!  I wonder if something is wrong with the pills?  Does anyone ever get headaches from codeine?