Norco Withdrawl
I am in my third day of withdrawls off of a very long (off and on 9+ years) of Norco abuse. up until 3 days ago I was taking about 1600 mg's a day. Even typing this makes me wonder how I am still alive. I cannot live my life like this anymore. In the last 2 years I have been arrested for script forgery, lost my job, lost relationships. Almost lost everything. So I finally made the decision I wasnt going to let this grab ahold of me anymore! So that brings me to my question. I dont want to take any prescription medications to combat this, so, what can I do to help with the insomnia? Im having all the other withdrawls that everyone else has described (sweats, nausea, diarrhea, crawling skin, goose bumps, sneezing etc.) and im tollerating those (mostly haha). The insomia though is killing me!! Being in the medical field, I know that lack of sleep can really hinder someones body to heal, so I want to fix this, without any prescription medications. I know that I can not be trusted with anything that is possibly addictive. I know now, more than ever before that I am an addict. I have been my whole life and I will always be. So I wont substitute one addiction for another. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and god speed to all that are suffering!
Hi glad you are getting off of these pills.Alot of people here talk about a natural sleep med called alteril.None of this natural stuff has ever worked for me and I have blown so much $ over the years on natural sleep stuff that I did not even buy any alteril.You could try it though.If you can get some mild exercise that would help some.Good luck friend
Im so proud of you quitting and sharing your story. Big gold stars for you. I keep the red ones ok. Remember the stars we got in school from teacher. Well you got five. I hate to hear that you went thru that. And now this. As for sleep i used ambien at first. Like one week if you dont have
Im so proud of you quitting and sharing your story. Big gold stars for you. I keep the red ones ok. Remember the stars we got in school from teacher. Well you got five. I hate to hear that you went thru that. And now this. As for sleep i used ambien at first. Like one week if you dont have that melatonin. I swear by it. Its cheap and can get it at walmart cvs gnc etc. Welcome. Im glad your changing your ways. Too scarey about the forgery. And all other loss. But watch you will come back stronger better and renewed
Thanks Ricart! I will see if I can find these. At this point Im willing to try ALMOST anything.
Thanks Bama for the advice. I do remember the gold stars! ahhhh what simple days those were when we were kids huh? I have used Ambien in the past and know it works but I also know how addicting it can be so I want to avoid that. The melatonin though, I havent tried so I will give that a shot as well as the alteril someone else advised. I do hope that I will come back stronger, better and renewed. I have to! This life is not one that I can continue to live. Its funny that being charged with felonies for the prescriptions werent enough to stop me. I dont know about funny but definitely gives light to how strong this disease called addiction is! This has been 3 of the hardest days of my life but I know somewhere out there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There just has to be.....

Thanks again and I will keep a post on how either of these help.
Well, I tried the Melatonin last night with no success! :(  I have to say that this lack of sleep is driving me crazy! If I can just get some sleep I think I will be doing so much better. Anyways, I will give the alteril a try if I can find it but if anyone else has any other ideas Im in desperate need!

Use ambien. I did. And no.dependancey issues. Now ill.give you a green star...... And a happy face. Only use the anbien for a few days to a week. Or camameal tea. Spelled that one way wrong. Red check mark:(
Yeah ambien as said above.I used it from day 4-9 but only took it at around 1 am when I was sure that I would not sleep.It produced about 3 hours sleep each time.3 hours is way better than 0 hours.
I may have to just bite the bullet and get some Ambien. It does have dependency risks but im afraid im gonna lose my mind if I dont sleep! I have not yet admited to my REAL doctor that im an addict and that I am going through this but I may have to so I can get him to give me a small amount. I am a very stubborn, hardheaded woman and asking for help with anything is not an easy thing! BUT I am at my weakest point I think I have ever been and maybe asking for help is exactly what I need. At this point even 3 hours of sleep will seem like heaven to me! You both said that you only took Ambien for about a week, after you stopped taking it were you able to get back on a solid sleep schedule or are you both still having difficulties??

Thank you both
I am on day 5 and ambien has been my life saver, I like you cannot function without sleep.  I just got the ambien night before last and what a difference. No leg twitching or feeling like bugs are crawling on me.  I have been sleeping about 6 to 7 hours a night.

Good luck to you!
Another suggestion is something called Sleepy Time Tea.  You can get it in the grocery store.