Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Norco w/d

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Norco w/d

I am in my first day of Norco w/d's. My last pill was yesterday at 3pm. I am feeling really awful. I am at work and told everyone i have the flu. My face is flush and I feel hot and my body is aching for a pill. I am weak and have diarreah (diarrhea). I have taken 4 pills a day for about 3 years. Anyone else been through this? would love to hear from you.

I have. Your w/d's are going to last about a week.
Congrad's on wanting to stop. I was on them for 5 years.
Get something for the diarreha, some advil for the chills, body aches. Lots of hot showers, I also used a ele. blanket. First you hot then you are cold.
You may have restless arms or legs and not be able to sleep very much. Just remember it will pass.
Drink lots of fluids,take vits, amino's.
You engery level will be low. All of this is normal Oh and the sneezing...
You will have to fight it.  You can do this. Hang on. It is great to be free.

Terry
Thanks for the comments. It is so helpful to be able to share with others. I can do this with others help. I am ready to do it alone, and I will be hanging on. I am looking forward to that "freedom".
Hey this is crazy its 2 am and I'm on my first day off norco too feb3rd. Today I had a hot face and felt like I was getting the flu. I've been taking about 4 a day for months and months now and I ran out so I can't sleep my knees are aching soo bad and I have this weird sensation in my chest. I've been coughing, crying, and my whole body aches :-( so just to let you know someone else is going through the exact same thing with you. I hopped online to try and get relief tips cuz I'v taken 4 tylenol pms and still can't sleep and feel like ****! my knees!!
Congrats on quiting! The 'flu' will pass soon. I've been you are at and it's a bummer-we all feel for ya', trust me. Usually the worst should be over by day 3-4. You will start to get little bouts of 'happiness' around day 5 or so...some people feel really icky until day 5 or 6...some start to pep up by day 3. Remember to stay positive and focus on your goal-which is to be drug free. The WD's will go away, just ride the wave. Keep yourself hydrated. If you have the scoots really badly be sure to drink something like pedialyte or one of those kinds of drinks they give kids. It's good to keep your electrolytes balanced. Get some Imodium (immodium) from the pharmacy-it will help also. Keep up on your vitamins (specially vitamin C). Also, get yourself up and moving as soon as you can get away from the bathroom. You are feeling lousy right now-but the more you exercise the better you will feel. Lots of hot showers and a snuggly blanket and your pillow on the couch in the pm. Anxiety and stuff can hit ya' so don't worry about tomorrow at this point. Live in the now. Take it one hour at a time. You can sort everything else out AFTER the WD's are over. And there is always the restless leg syndrome. It too will pass. Sleep may be hard for a little while, or you may be really tired 24/7. Either way, it will go away. Just be sure to have lots of books or movies or something on hand so you can have something to do in case you find you can't sleep. Don't dwell in it-it will go away. You didn't get into this pickle overnight so it stands to reason it's not going to go away overnight either.
I bet you will start to feel a lot better in the near future
Take it easy and let us know how you are doing.
Good luck and stay strong. You can do this.
Greebs
Thank you  so much for the encouragement. It helps tremendously to hear from people like you that have been through this. I actually got a few hours of sleep and have been drinking lots of water. I woke up this morning and actually felt pretty good. But the yucky feeling has come back. The hot showers have really helped tremendously. I can find some relief while soaking under the water. I get lots of tension in my shoulders and I thought i was gonna die last night, but the shower massage thing saved the day. I am going to get some vitamins. I am surprised that I have very little appetite. I can still eat, but only a few bites at a time. I ride a bike around town quite a bit and was going to blow that off today, but maybe I should go for a ride. I am looking very forward to be free from these things.

Thanks again for the encouragement.

Tim
Hi Rae,

I am with you on this. We are going through the same thing. I have to tell you that I was feeling way better this morning. There is hope. This misery is not going to last forever. I am still struggling some, but I am much closer to the end than I was last night. I am finally going to get off these things and I know you can make it too.

Keep us posted.

Tim
Hey partner we are about the same age-- I was dieing on hydro 10's-- get to the health pages on this page-- lower right -- amino acid protocol--  copy the list-- get to GNC-- asap- leave work-- flu-- sick and goin home-- call in the mornin-- get lots of gatorade-- juice-- good stuff loaded  with vits-- get something for sleep and restless leggs--- they will be there--- get these also at GNC-- tell them what you need--- they will set u up-- spend a little $ -- it is worth it-- try to keep your mind occupied-- tv- games - read-- walk-  I live on a ranch so going out with the animals helped me--- then you will have about 5 days-- it will be up and down -- BUT-- you will feel the good stuff comming in -- good feelings then they may go away -- bit of a rolliecoster-- but TIME -- will fix--- take lots of those aminos-- and lots of stuff to drink -- flush flush flush it out of you --- DO NOT QUIT-- drop me a line in 5 days --- good luck     !!!!!!!!
Thanks for the advice. Back atcha in 5 days.
Hello,  You will be so glad to have the monkey off yor back, Try to exersise as much as possible and if able get outside. I in South Louisiana and right now its so nasty out. But for all of you quitting ,thats great. But have a plan for the futre are u may go back to that hell. Congradulations! And God Bless
Thanks rafe44. That is a great encouragement. I will be very happy to have the monkey off my back. I have gone for two walks today. I live in Central California so its not too bad here. My plan for the immediate future is to get some professional help. I have struggled with depression for years and I feel its the main reason I loved taking Norco. I am in the middle of day 2 and am gearing up for the evening. I feel about the same or maybe a little better than yesterday. I have learned so much from everyone in just this last day and a half and feel that I am so much better prepared to make it through the night tonight.

Thanks again for the post.

Tim
Well I woke again at 4:30a.m. last night and had to take a hot bath. My legs and chest were jerking almost like mini seizures or something. I cried all night and finally fell asleep. I guess those 4 tylenol p.m.s helped. I woke this morning feeling sooo depressed and weak. I cried a little and well pretty much felt like dying so I went and got some. With the last money I had I got a few and only took one. I figure I'll take 1 a day and taper off but it's my difference between feeling happy or suicidal. Stay strong and pray 4me if you believe. Thanks
54 hours since my last Norco. I am starting to struggle a little tonight. I am nowhere close to taking another pill. I don't have any around anyway, and I am highly motivated to get off of these things. You guys on this website have helped so much. I just wanted to thank all of you. For those of you struggling, I am thinking about and praying for you all. You are not alone.

Tim
woke at 4a.m. cried all night. restless leg. personal issues on top of that- what a great time hu? hoping this will pass in some days and ill b able to drop to halves
Day 3 for me! I am so ready for this to be over. I slept off and on all night. I managed to do a load of laundry last night. All of my bath towels were wet:) I don't have to do a thing until 2 this afternoon. I am going to go for a couple of short walks (just got back from one) and then watch a movie and try to read. Haven't been able to read much except this forum. I'm taking vitamins, advil, amino acids, and drinkng gatorade and green tea. No appetite, but I am going to try and eat some oatmeal. Had half an apple and a couple of cookies last night for dinner. Hopefully it will be easier after today. Still feeling strong thanks to all the support I've gotten here. Thanks again.

Tim
I am hating it right now. Don;t know why it's so bad but i'm sure its normal for detox. I am on day 3, going on 4. i don't have access to pills so I am safe. Just having a hard time. I slept some last night so I hope soon I can sleep again soon. Going into the shower now. I had a stressful afternoon. I think that's why it got so hard today. Hanging in there strong, just struggling.

Tim
Overcoming the depressing thoughts and feeling will be hard. That and the restless leg at night. It's too bad you couldn't have tapered instead of going cold turkey. It would have been a little easier. But your doing a great job and keep it up. It's almost over. Hang in there.
Thanks for the warning and encouragement. I woke up this morning feeling like the worst of the w/d's  are over. It is so refreshing to wake up not hungover. I am feeling a little antsy but the big challenge for me now I feel is the depression. I'm going this afternoon to talk to someone about it. God i hope it helps. My girlfriend and I just parted ways and we are both heartbroken. It has been 3 years since i have dealt with raw emotions without the help of my little yellow pills. I feel very optimistic about staying off of these things and happy that I made it through the physical part. It was so hard. I had no idea what i was headed for 3 or  days ago, but thanks to you and others I made it without feeling all alone. I have had to work and I have been isolated from friends and family. I have a unique work situation. I'm a caretaker for a disabled man and I stay with him most of each day and night. I haven't felt strong enough to go out and be around people but that needs to change today. I feel 100 times better this morning. I am really struggling with the personal issues, but I am going to stay strong and fight it out.

Thanks again,

Tim
Hey man sounds like you are getting better-- sorry about the GF-- but look at it this way-- the next lady you hook up with and your glad of it -- think that if you did not part with the last one you would not be with the new one who makes you HAPPY-- and also think that this new gal has no idea about your battle with our little yellow demons-- keep the chin up --- eat amino-- drink  and flush it out   DC
Just checking in on ya'. You are doing great. Things will get easier, trust me. It is awesome you are taking your emotions on instead of hiding behind a curtain of drug induced numbness. Your moods will fluctuate quite a bit because of the WD's. It's natural. Like I said before: Live in the now.  Keep posting also-we are here for you. It's a bummer when you have to wrestle your inner demons AND deal with detox-but it will get better and it will get easier. Just keep telling yourself that the pills are no longer an option because you are worth more than that.
You can do this. Stay strong. I've been where you are now and it can be a bit lonely and scary, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep focused on that light and stay positive. You can do this. Good job on going to talk to somebody. You will be surprised at how much it will help.
Take care of yourself. I'm rooting for ya'
Greebs
Hey DC,

I really like your attitude. You have helped me to "man up" when I needed to.

I appreciate it

Tim
Hi Greebs,

I'm glad you say it is going to get easier. I have been hurting so bad today emotionally, but it's good to hear that mood fluctuations are a normal part of this process. A rollercoaster, right? I am glad you reinforced the fact that the pills are not an option. I feel grateful that i have no desire at this point to take another pill. I just went through too much hell. I hate to admit it but I am lonely and scared too. I have leaned on those pills 3 years and I have to face a few things that I don't know about. I am going to have to learn to live in the now. I am getting better at it.

Thanks again for the encouragement.

jTim
Hey Tim! Just seeing how youre doing buddy? If I'm correct this should be day 4? That is so awesome man! The first few days are miserable but once the physical symptoms go away it's time for the real work. THE MENTAL. So get a jump start be active active active! Force yourslef to walk or jog or run this will get you in a routine that distracts your mind from what it has been used to. This is going to be hard at first but make a list each morning. Write down the things you want to accomplish throughput the day. This will guide you through your Day and give you a sense of stabilty because YOU are now in control of you life not any pill not any person or job it's YOU that are in control and nothing can take that away from you. Keep it up man and pat yourself on the back you deserve it!    Chris
wow, that is great advice. The people here amaze me! I am going to make a supreme effort to stay busy. I am going to read that over and over until I get it straight. I am in control. I appreciate you checking up on me Chris.

I am so happy to be off of these things. Now the real work begins.

Tim
I have been on Norco for 2 years. I am scared. I do not feel well at all. The first year I took 3-4 for the pain in my leg caused by a car accident. I had hip surgery last January. After the surgery i began taking the 10/325's 2 at a time every few hours. My body is getting immune to pain meds, which was quite frightening in the Hospital.( For 3 days i was in extraordinary pain, they gave me shots of fentynol plus norco every 2 hours and i was still in a lot of pain.)  Anyway, for some reason, every time I call to refill my prescription, my primary Doc refills it. Norco 10/500. Which is, I know, way tooo much Tylenol. Lately I have been feeling bad. Heart palpitations, dizziness, fear of fainting. I know I need to stop taking this. Now I am up to about 7-8 per day. Unfortunately i have developed severe tendonitis in both elbows, and there is some arthritis there as well.  So the Norco + Tiger Balm + Massage + wrapping my elbows is the only way to get relief.  Anyone had their Ulnar nerve pinched? And i still feel guilty......   So,,The only person I can talk to is my X, as we used to take them for fun when we were young. He said be careful, do not go cold turkey. I spoke to an anonymous pharmacist who concurred, that i need to "work out a plan with my Doctor".  I can't take a week off and lay around and have DT's.I am in the midst of moving, and just feel like i cannot deal with this right now. I can't tell my Family. I am a single parent. I really became afraid after speaking to that pharmacist. He told me i could have a heart attack if i just stop taking them.  I do not know what my question is, except, perhaps, how bad is it? Has anyone ever died from going cold turkey? I guess that would be my biggest fear.  The next biggest fear would be, if i continue down this road, can it kill me?
HI, HippyGirl :)

I am glad you registered. There are many, many good people here to help. And they all can relate to what you are going through which is so comforting. I don't anything about the medical side of your questions, but you need to go to the right side of this page and the health pages. There is tons of good information there. It is a scary thing to go through this but now that i have made it through the worst of the physical part it was totally worth it. I feel so strong and very proud of myself. I could not have done it alone, however. I had a good friend to talk to and most of all people on this site got me through it.. There are tons of people who can relate and know what you are going through. You will do great.

Tim
Thanks so much for responding so quickly. I tried to register with another on-line program, and it kept rejecting my info. After 5 failed attempts i gave up. It was so frustrating that i took more pills, and beer.
Today I decided to try one more time with a different site. And already someone responded. You.
Thank you.
I am wrecked with shame because i am taking more than i should. I can't tell this to anyone. We are a large loving Christian family.  After my Husband left us, i sort of let myself go, and make up excuses for everything i take or drink.
I sure hope this site is secure. I feel exposed...

Thanks again. Tim Bear
Hey Guys it is so nice to have the worst of the physical wd's overwith. I am sooooo relieved. I am struggling big time with the emotions. I am facing my demons for the first time in 3 years without the help of my little yellow friends. I am living from minute to minute today. I have been so isolated for the last couple of years, i can't even find a super bowl party to go to. I found a N.A. meeting to attend tomorrow afternoon. I have no idea what that will be like but looking forward to it. I am continuing to follow all of the great advice I have received here on this post and don't know what i would do without it. FYI: my favorite musician is Paul McCartney and I've been watching videos all day. It's been a lifesaver. I play guitar and my brother plays drums, and we've been jammin' to Beatle songs all day. It's been a great way to stay busy and have fun. I also went for a 45 minute bike ride and walked another 30 minutes to the store and back. A hot shower  and a quick little nap and I'm almost ready to watch the Super Bowl and I will have almost made it another day. The thought of putting any chemical in my body at this point is repulsive. Thankfully I have no desire to take anything stronger than vitamins or herbs. This last week has opened a whole new window into life for me. I am extremely grateful for all who post on this website and I am thinking and praying for those that are fighting it out today.

Tim
Hey Tim glad to give you some of my  BUTTE MONTANA  attitude-- best of luck   DC
Hey Tim. Congratulations. You sound tough, and very resolved to end this thing. I wondered how the meeting was. I am tapering. I cannot cold turkey. I am skipping "doses". Trying to wait until 3:00 for the first pill. Even that is hard. For awhile i already had 4 before lunch time. I am down to one in the late morning and it's hard! I try to NOT take the a.m. pill, sometimes i take a half. I sound like a whiner, I guess i am.

Good Luck and keep on rockin' in the free world!
7 DAYS!  

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, I certainly commend you for realizing there may be a problem. I have been taking hydros, endoct, and avinza for 3 years now and I think its time to stop. I got to the point where I was starting to use them everytime something bad would happen and whenever I was feeling down, up to 10 or 12 a day. I always run out before my next refill and have gone throught withdrawals more times than I care to remember. Its been two days now without the pills and I'm starting to feel somewhat better. I was given a script for neurontin ...the generic of this is gabapentin, and it has been a godsend in helping with the withdrawals. Ask your doctor about getting some they do really work. Good luck and stay strong.  
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME
Thanks Walls. I certainly do not deserve any commendations, i am still using. Struggling big time with just tapering... I had Neurontin years ago when my left oricular nerve was being pinched. Hated it. ( Neurontin)
When I quit Meth after 3 years of use, it was so easy.. You just sleep and eat lots of sugar, and i took massive amounts of St. John's Wart, a natural anti-depressant.  I will start taking that again tomorrow.
I NEVER believed that I would get hooked on these opiates. And certainly, when using them for pain--from your Doc--(i get 100 at a time!) I never dreamed that stopping would be a problem. Quitting smoking was 100 times harder than quitting meth.  Now this.. I don't know, i think it is the fear factor, maybe it won't be that bad. ??  The pharmacist put the fear of God in me when he spoke of cardio problems if going cold turkey..Plus, I cannot afford to be "out of  it" for a week. I am a single parent......  So many excuses.

This is a great forum, many others sort of kicked you rather than encourage you.
I wish you the best of luck as well, and thanks for the encouragement.

HippyG.

P.S. Do you think we are all being studied by some big drug company?  I wonder who sponcers  this forum?  Not paranoid-just curious.
I'm going on 4 days now and things are getting better. I too am a single father so I was also concerned about taking care of my son but he he old enough to fix his own stuff to eat. It was kinda hard to get him to school and back though. Even though I'm close to my family they live about 5 hours away so no help there. I haven"t told anyone about this except on here. To bad the gabapenten won"t work for you as it has kept me from going to other sources for pills. I still can't sleep very good.....here I am on here at 3:50 am. I also share your concern about being monitered as I recieved an email form a site similiar to this one where you could participate in other things. Really freaked me out and I deleted it as my son uses this computer too and it would have been easy for him to look at that email!!!!!! : ( . Well try to hang in there, thats what I'm doing...take care n good luck....  
I am also addicted to oxy and hydrocodone. I feel I've bottomed out. I need them to work.( Can't work in withdrawal).. So what I'm going to do is try to score enough to get me through the next three days of work..( I ran out of oxy ) I have 4 days in a row off starting Saturday night., so I'll detox for those 4 days off and go back to work wednesday night with the worst of the w/d behind me. I beleive excersize helps so i'll go for a run wednesday morning..
   I can't beleive all the money i've spent on these pills..The money i've spent in the last 2 years would've bought me a car..and a computer..But the worst part of this addiction is how it's affected my family..I could write a book on that.
Hi duck. I know what you mean about having a plan. My X (addicted from one surgery after another) told me to taper over about a six week period. Luckily I get them for practically no $$. Well, that is both good and bad. If I had to pay i could not afford them, and not having this problem.. Someone said 5 dollars a pill.  That is outrageous. Anyway. You have a plan, Good!  I sure feel for you, and all of us! This is hard..

Good luck Duck!

Hipgirl
HI Walls

4 days already? That is fantastic!
I am wondering about the cravings.(The mental ones) Will they go away, or will they always be there? My craving for Nicotine lasted, intensely for about a year. 9 years later i have zero. I sure know what you mean about getting e-mails. I did not give them mine, for that reason. Just go back to your original profile and delete it. My son is 8 and has just learned how to write, read and send e-mail. That is not an extra worry you need right now..
Hang tough and keep posted.  Good luck and God bless.
BTW- do you have any ringing in your ears?

HipG
Hi Tim

Just checking in on you. How are you feeling?

Keep up the good work!

HipG
Hi Hipg,

I am doing really good. I am feeling pretty strong mentally and Fortunately I have no desire to take any pills. I have been fighting the mental aspect so hard these last few days. life got real all of a sudden, but I am much happier. I have a bike I've been riding an hour and a half a day. I am geting physically stronger each day. Things are really looking up.

Thanks for checking in. ...........The love you take is equal to the love you make :-)
Okay Tim, that is great. You are going to make it. I envy you!
That last line has a double meaning. I am curious..
Are you checking out?
Or is that a fine ending to your pain, the End,?
You will not have to Carry That Weight
any longer..

Good on ya!

HipG

Hi HIpG,
I just lost a little note that i was writing, hope this isn't a repeat. I am not checking out. I was just making a lame reference to an old song that i had just heard. It meant that you recieve in life as much as you give, and it reminded me of all the "givers" on this forum. I couldn't have made it through without their help. I liked your "keep on rockin' in the free world' reference the other day. I am too lazy to be clever :) I also appreciate the fact that you got the reference even more than I did......The End,.....Carry that Weight.......maybe there's something to that. Anyway, just a quick little update on me.....I am on day 11. I feel great physically and the emotional train wreck "feeling" has gone away. I had a bit of a relapse last night. I got tired and stressed out and for a couple of hours I was having some very real w/d symptoms, but i was able to calm down and they went away. Overall I am proud of what i did by getting clean and am continuing to work on things in order to stay strong.

Thanks again HipG :)

".....ain't it good to know, you've got a friend......"
"And if you take more of those you will have an overdose-no more running for the shelter of a Mother's little helper" you know the rest. I was four years old when that was written.  They had little yellow pills way back then?
I can't imagine how you are feeling Tim bear. So glad you are doing well!
  I am mad at myself. My X tics me off and i stray from my regime.  Ughh!
But, I am SO happy for you!  Keep up the good work. I wish I had more strength. I am moving (a mile away) by March 1st we will be in our new place. My X gives us no support whatsoever and that in itself (in my mind) justifies the  liberties i take~.
" What ever gets you through the night~it's alright , it's alright."That is what I used to think. But that is actually a poor excuse. I give myself way too many excuses. FYI:
Do you know that i live about 90 miles from you. Yep.  For some reason i did not have to register all that.  Any hoo! Stay straight good luck, i like talking to you. Too bad we can't get e-mail addresses without broadcasting them.
Check out Andrew Bird-on youtube. Amazing musician. A song called "Oh No" . So good.
Thank God for great MUSIC!
Music (and my little boy) simply sustain me. ..And the Good Lord.
God bless you !

"What a Drag it is getting old."

Hi HipG,

How are things with you? Are you making the big move? I hope you are gaining strength from the changes. I myself am 22 days clean and the emotions have been so intense. There is so much clarity now and I am able to feel things and deal with issues i have been numbing for the last 3 years. I just now listened to that song and I am so glad you shared that with me. He looks like a fascinating guy...with lots of things to say. I'm not sure what he meant in that song but I am guessing he is saying  that if he could just get out and feel things he would. I feel as if I have "gotten out".  I am making some huge changes in my life, and made some of the most difficullt decisions i have ever made. I have sought lots of advice and counsel from friends and family. I am going to start attending a support group this following monday. Life has been real intense after getting clean. Many positive changes are occuring.

I hope you are continuing to feel stronger and are gaining strength from those around you.  Please continue to post here if you can.

.......arm in arm we are harmless sociopaths  :)    great line!  Thanks for sharing.
Hi Tim Bear. Nice you wrote. Having a VERY hard time presently..  The move was stressful and the pain in my arm became unbearable. Naturally, I took extra Norco and when I ran out, I had these God-awful symptoms, unbelievable. I did the "correct" thing and phoned my Doctor.  (I had super-chills and sneezing and puffy eyes and could not concentrate) + more. Weepy, very weepy.  Well, my Doc told me to stop taking them and take Benadryl at night and I will be fine.  I feel like i am going to die here..I did "borrow" the 8 pills i have left. Not enough. I can't go thru this, I called my Pharmacist today and he said  NO WAY, you did the right thing; your Doc MUST taper you off, CALL him back!.  So I waited all freaking day long. No call. (Actually i didn't call until 3:30, so that wasn't all day) Regardless, no word. I think he might realize that he should have done a better job monitoring me possibly worried about a lawsuit. I don't know.
I want to taper. I cannot fall apart. My intestines already have. *(sorry)
i wish this was not so public. it is too scary to publish one's e-mail address, isn't it?  I am in the fear and loathing mode..
Hope you get this Tim...
I can't sleep even while taking these small doses.
Wimpy and scared as hell,
Hgirl
Keep fighting Hippygirl...these symptoms will pass...even though it does not seem like they will.  The other side is so much better than the prison you are dealing with now.  Taper, or no taper...you will have to go through detox.  It's every addicts right of passage...but it will get better and it will subside.  Concentrate on how you feel...so you never have to do this again.

Keep posting...keep fighting...stay clean
Thanks. "Detox" began at one this morning. Frequent trips to the bathroom. my skin is weird. i don't know if i am hot or cold. toss and turn could not sleep. want to throw up. The scariest thing is the size of my pupils this morning. They are huge, i look like an alien. I have a full day tomorrow. i hope i will be able to function.
This is too much.. Having to pretend like i have the flue.. Is there anybody out there??
I had NO IDEA Norco would do this to my body/mind. I have gone from 70 to 90 mg's a day to .05. only a few crumbs left.  I can't do this.
Hi Hippy Girl,

You are so strong. You are doing an amazing job. Please know that we are here with you. You will have to go through this, but is something that can be done. Gear up for a fight. You will have to fight through this, but when it is over, you will be so happy for it. I had  4 days of intense w/d's. It does get much,  much, better and you will be so happy you fought through this. You will come out much stronger at the other end of this. It is a true strength, and not the chemical strength you may think you are getting from the little yellow demons. Please remember you are not alone. I just recently went through this and I remember what it was like. You can do this. You have already come so far. Just a little more time and you will be through this.

Keep fighting. We are here for you,

Keep posting,

Tim
That's just your brain telling you to cave...so it can feed itself.  What you do not realize is that you can do this...and every minute that passes is a minute closer to Freedom.  Trust us...the other side is magnificent...filled with real emotions, feelings, colors, sounds, smells, excitement, crying, laughing, tasting...everything that has been missing for you over this prison sentence.

Please push on...we have all come out the other side...trust us, if you can not trust yourself...run a hot bath, go for a walk, but DO NOT GIVE UP.

Keep reading and posting...melted the hours away for me...

Free
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am having tea, slowly getting ready for work. I took my child to school early this a.m. and it was so very bright, i was seeing bright orangy/pink spots on everything. ???  The cravings are becoming intense. My whole body feels it.  Still no appetite. I will try to make it to the Health Food store today.

thanks again
Hi.... ive been reading all these posts on here and you are soo inspiring!! Ive been taking hydros for 6 yrs now due to a back injury and i know and WANT to stop using!!! I was never addicted to anything in my life then i ended up in a bad relationship and he used his perks for control....and of course my life spiraled out of control from there on out. I did end up divorcing him but now have to get back to my healthy lifestyle and be free and clear of all abuse. I have 3 little girls that i know need me so that is my motivation in doing this....i have tried this numerous times only to relapse...this time i want to get and stay clean!!! Im scared as hell because ive been thru the wd's b4 and know what its like and how hard it is... and im soo ashamed that i went back to using instead of fighting the way i shouldve. I need support from someone who has made it thru this hell...please talk to me....;) i'll keep reading!! Thank you in advance
Dear lilscared, I am right there with ya girl. I am a single parent of  high maintenance 8 yr. old boy. I know the shame and guilt you are feeling. It has been 3 years for me. So last week i went from 7-9 pills a day to 1. Now i only have 2 halves (one yellow pill) left and that scares me. I DID go to work today!!! (I have my own business, which is both good and bad) And none of my clients  thought I was an alien. I was jubilant that I was able to make it thru with flying colours. May I ask how many times you have quit?  Honestly, had I known my Doctor was going to cut me off and hang me out to dry, I would have prepared. First by cutting all pills in half. Only take a half when the symptoms start. You are a Mom and this is the most demanding job (I) have EVER had. You must be able to function.( I have this deep seeded fear that if anyone knew, --even tho I have a real need for them, for pain(-hip surgery) that the authorities at large would take my baby from me.)  So I have kept everything secret.
Come on and fight the good fight with me. Lord knows we need all the help we can get.
Take care, start breaking up those pills.
I am not on the other side yet, but they say it's great over there.  ;)

Hi lilscared,

I can understand your fear. w/d's are scary, but there are so many of us that will be here for you. I have 4 kids of my own, although mine are a little older. My inspiration came from a different place, but i would encourage you to hang on to your motivation. I gave myself no options to go back. Please do not be ashamed. We are humans and mis-steps are just a normal part of life. A step backward is just a step. You can turn it around and it sounds like you are ready.

I am having a little trouble getting online as much as i would like. Please keep posting and read up on the information found on the right side of this page. There is so much help here. There are so many kind people. You will be encouraged by many.

You can do this. I will be checking back as much as possible to see how things are going for you.

Tim
Hi Timbear , I can relate as I was almost on the same dose . You may be as lucky as I was as the physical  W/D's at that level seem not to be that bad for a lot of people including myself . Now the phycological effects was the tough part for me and I hope yours are better ! Hang in there , your life is right around the corner !  Jim
Here i am back again... I have relapsed twice since i last posted.   Now i am at the end of Day 5 and it was almost intolerable. I slept 2 hours the night before, and my 8 year old was bored and needy and that did not help.
My brain just won't shut off. The tossing and turning in bed is getting very old! That weird chest sensation, and the sneezing.. how weird is that.
Thank God I found a friend on this website who is one of the most encouraging people I have ever (not) met!
I am so very tired. (Having to wait on a child all day who is antsy to have fun now that school is out.)
Not good.  I thought i would be better by now!
Wish me luck, because I sometimes feel like this is going to last forever. It already has been an eternity.
G' Morning Hippie,

I read your posts this morning and I feel your desperation. Your are at a tough fork in the road right now.It often seems easier to just do the darn drugs and feel better, doesn't it? But next week, or next month you will be back here again. Believe me, it doesn't get any easier with each detox. But, if you could just get through that first week you would be on your way. Easier said than done, I know. I spent years going around in circles until I got to the point where I was tired and my body was giving up on me.

I didn't read all the responses but I can guess that somewhere along the line someone here mentioned aftercare to you. I won't push it down your throat but I will tell you that it was the only thing that worked for me. Using drugs was just a symptom of what was really going on with me and until I got deep down and began to deal with the issues, I could not stay clean.

Now I don't get up in the morning and wonder where my next pill is. I live with chronic pain so I can't say that all of my energy is back but it is way better than it was. Don't get me wrong, there are days when life just *****, but I get through it and move on to the next day. You can do that too.

I hope you can find your way to get and stay clean. Keep posting and listening to the members here. There are thousands and thousands of stories here, maybe one will click.
Thank-you.  Tomorrow will be Day 7. So why can't I sleep??? Only 2 hours last night. 3 the night before. Soon as my tired head hits the pillow my brain starts racing. And that is after taking a sleeping pill.
I did make it out of the house and got a massage today. But i still cannot sleep. The good news is I actually enjoyed a small bowl of Mom's macaroni salad.
The smell of food has repulsed me this last week of hell.
And i and thin anyway and have lost 4 lbs last time i checked.
I am calling my MD again tomorrow, he has been helpful and non-judgmental. (He's the dude that gave me 100 Norco every 3 weeks!)) Had hip surgery-needed it. Now i need it for other problems. I WILL NOT GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN!  This is torture!
Thanks again
lack of sleep is the worst - because it makes the days that much harder... but you are super close to being able to sleep better and more often.  for me, when the sleep started to come back - so did everything else positive.  tonight you will sleep 4 hours and before you know it, 6... hey, last night i slept 9 hours.  i woke up and for the first time in probably three years i said to myself "wow, that was a good night's rest". i personally don't understand the chemistry behind the lack of sleep... but i gotta believe it has to do with the fact your body isn't producing enough endorphines during the day...and you are no longer getting them from a pill, so you are simply in limbo until your body starts producing them again at a normal level ... with that logic, it made sense in my mind to exercise as much as possible (no matter how tired you are) to regain those endorphines.  seemed to work for me.  for the first week or two it was a constant inner struggle to get myself to exercise on a regular basis - but i believe it has helped me get this far w/out norco (35 days)
RELAPSED!!!! After over a week.  My elderly Mother fell and shattered her already replaced hip.
Could NOT deal. So dang sick of this prison!  Yes, I did confiscate her shiny new bottle of DORKO.
I have been researching like crazy and have decided (after speaking to a Pharmacist) that I am going to ask my MD for Suboxten. Subs as they are called. I have no choice now. This makes my third relapse. I am not even going to go in to how crappy i feel about myself. One can imagine..
The Pharmacist said that you have to have a special license to prescribe Subs.
So my MD will have to refer me to someone. Now i have to take care of my mother and Diabetic Father, and my small son. By myself.
I can't wait till this stupid crap is over. That is why i am willing to even take another drug, t get off another.
Signing off,
whining, relapse queen.
Meant to say SUBOXONE
HI do your research on sub b/4 you decide it is right for you...it can be a life saver but at the same time it can put you in bondage just the same...hey some times it takes 4 trys
good luck and God bless......Gnarly
Hey girl - How are you holding up? Don't beat yourself up too much. This is tough! The toughest thing I've ever had to do. I'm on day 1 myself, well its been a few hours since my last dose. I'm trying to get thru this w/out taking time off work. I'm having to think of my w/d's in hours right now, or I'll definitely go find some more. Thinking about tomorrow is too painful for me. Best of luck to you, and keep trying.
I  am almost done with DAY 3--again.   The Immodium is NOT WORKING.  So i stopped taking it. (my mind is jumping)
Oh. It's nearly impossible to get the antidote. Only one place in my area would "accept" me. 825.00 to start. Then 75 per week for 6 months. That does not include the meds. -Suboxone-  That is so ridiculous. Your Doc can give you enough drugs to kill you yet thy can't give you what you need to get off of them.  Conspiracy, it is. Drug Co. S****
Actually I was surviving fairly well until great big stress happened.  I am craving about 4 pills right now. But i am just forcing my way thru this. It is a must. I have zero access to DORCO right now.
TO NORCbGONE: Try and make yourself eat, no matter how disgusting it sounds.  If you are here, then you have already made the choice to stop.  Get Gatorade and Cup O' Noodles. And some Tuck's... if you get my drift.
Best of luck to us all..
HI glad to here your giving it another try....go to the top of the screen and start a new thread ...start in the green box maked post a question you will get a lot more support that way good luck and God bless.....Gnarly
It also helps to have a close family member or friend you can share this with.  Make sure that person is a positive person, someone who won't judge your habit or how you got yourself into this.  I'm not saying you can't talk about how you got here, but you don't want a person to trash you at this point, but someone who gives you encouragement.  And this may sound fruity, but it feels nice and encouraging to get a nice big hug from that person.  Touch therapy does work, it has brought me to tears during many of my withdrawals but they were tears of love.  Which leads me to the second point, keep telling yourself "I'm never coming back here because this *****".  The more times you fail, like myself, the harder it gets.  Those emotions you are feeling of doom, gloom, shame, they are the drug, they are not real.  This time around I wrote a big sign and put it on my fridge saying "this is not real".  Of course this is just in regards to the feelings I get because to say addiction is not real would be a down right lie.  Good job on what you are doing.  Just trying says a lot about yourself.  Just don't keep looking back at the past because you will trip.  I have tripped many times looking back, should have been looking straight ahead at the current day, current hour, current minute.  
Thanks so much for the support.  I do have someone to talk to, found on this forum. One of the most encouraging people I've never met.
Gnarly, I posted a new thread. Thanks, I did not know how that worked and my mind is pretty jumpy today. The simplest things can't be done without careful concentration.
I feel like an alien. I freaked when my Washer went into the spin cycle. I swear it's never sounded like that before. And...I even forgot I was doing laundry. Crazy stuff.
At least I am not seeing trails this time..

My best friend was actually MAD at me.She was mad that I had not told her sooner. But she has one of those marriages where she tells her Husband EVERYTHING. And it's not fair to say--oh don't tell your hubby, is it?  Returns calls days later. She refused to help with my son so I could visit my Mother in the Hospital. Try not to think about that right now...
BTW; What do those  "REPORT" signs mean?
Late night is so rough. Thank God for youtube. I play song after song, all my favorites and cry cry cry.
And my on-line friend is up late, that is sooo nice.
Thanks everyone, now i know why support groups work.