Nose damage
I have used cocaine for the past 10 year but only at the weekends.  Over the last year I have noticed that my nose has changed shape, it has dropped slightly at the end.  When I run my finger over it there feels like a space.  Because of my concerns I visited Bupa and told them about my cocaine use.  The doctor did a full examination of my septum and confimed that there was nothing wrong and it was completely in tact.

Can cocaine eat away at the cartlidge on my nose to make it drop without any damage to the septum?  Or am I just being paraniod and is it likely that my nose is changing as I get older?

When I look at my reflection in a window all I can see is two shadows down the side (where the bone ends) and a shadow across the middle (where I can feel the space).

Can I get cosmetic surgery to correct this?  I am hoping that I can as I really can notive a difference and think about my nose everytime I look at my reflection.

Please let me know what you think is going on.

Many thanks in advance
L

As far as I know long term use of it every day or every other day can eat your cartilidge, I have friends who have been doing it for a few years but if you only do it on the weekends and your doc says your nose is fine, you may just be paranoid. Ive been paranoid about my painkiller use and thinking ive lost muscle when I used to play sports but my muscle mass is almost the same as it was a couple years ago. Hope this helps.
i was along time coke user everyday for five years.  my sinuses were a mess for a couple years after i quit.  i dont think ther was any cartlidge damage.  the best way to end your fears is to quit.  your nose is going to be the least of your problems down the road.  think about it.  i have a poem about cocaine in my journal...if you get time read it.  it is so true.
Well after 10 years of use, even if only on weekends, of course there will be some damage and you are lucky you dr said there is nothing wrong with your septum so take his word. The thing is though after all this time of using, it will continue to get worse. It took me about 4 or 5 years of heavy use before i started having serious problems with my nose and septum. Once you create that hole in your nose it cant be fixed without surgery. Like cathy said, the nose is the least of your worries right now. The damage coke does to the heart and brain is what you need to worry about. please get off the blow, it kills. if ya ever want to talk or decide its time to quit, send me a pm. good luck to you.
i would like to read thyour poem
I agree with Gizzy and Cathy.  Your nose is the least of your problems (even if the blow is damaging the nose and septum).  The damage you are doing to the rest of your body is what I would be concerned about.  Read Cathy's poem....I bet your nose will be the least of your worries.  Quit the blow....seriously.
i;ve been doing pain pills for ten years now i;m trying hard to quite my nose hurts so bad i first thaught tmj which i do have it gets so bad i want hurt my self but i know  cant do that.what can i do i;ve been blowing it feels raw so i try lil regular tynol but its not working i;ve been using nose spray my right side of my head hurts durning when hurts and my eye waters like i;m crying what can i do and how long does it take for the healhing to start i sure hope u can help if u like e-mail me at ***@**** thanks so much