Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Nurofen +

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Nurofen +

Hi thank Gd I found this site, thanks to all the stories I have managed to go from 20 N+ a night to 4. I started taking them for restless legs syndrome and loved the buzz. I am a single mother of 2 beautiful boys and become so depressed dont feel like getting out of bed and just want to sleep my life away. My question is once I have stopped taking these horrible pills, what do I do about my restless legs as it makes me feel like ripping my limbs off. Iv tried all the medication for it but nothing helps.
Tags: nurofen
Have you talked to a Dr.? That would be my suggestion.
HI...

way to go, reyna...the sooner you stop taking it, the better for your health.. as for the RLS, what we recommend here are OTC remedies and some mineral supplements that i am sure you well know of them.

But waht i  wanted to comment was something i read here from a poster about some meds for RLS... mirapex and requip... it seems they increase the dopamine levels with some side effects not to get overlooked by someone with addiction issues... The poster shared her experience with mirapex of getting addicted to gambling. It can happen. She even left a link of a documental made in Canada about this terrible effect of  mirapex.

So just in case, be aware of this or research in case you are given those meds. i am just repeating what it was said here, i saw the doc and it was really interesting.
Hi thanks for the response, its 1:27am here in South Africa I am going crazy with my legs, so landed up taking a handful of pills, will def talk to my doctor about those meds, will do anything to get off this, feel so gulty, was so positive today now so not.

Anyway thank you.

Anyway thank you.
Hi , yes find them all to be totally useless.

(Having a bad night cant sleep)

thanks for responding aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh