Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Nursing my newborn....will she have W/D?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day1 -  I have been taking Norco aka Vicodin for 8 months straight.  Today I ran out.  My pharmacy will not refill my script.  They said it's too early.  I can get a refill on the 4th of April.  Would it even be worth me getting a refill?  I really do go through pain everyday of my life.  I have severe back back , and now my joints have been a huge issue for the past 3 weeks.  I have no insurance, so I've just been getting refiil after refill from my doctors.  It's been 12 hrs. since my last dose.  I am already sweating and aching all over.  I'm trying to keep myself busy.  I guess my biggest concern would be my daughter.  I'm nursing her.  My family doctor said that I could while taking Norco.  I'm afraid that she's going to experience W/D.  I am so scared.
honestly i don't know there is alot mixed information on this very subject keep an eye out for overly fussy behavior .I don't know a whole lot you will be able to do if she does but comfort her threw , This is just my personal opinion If it were me i would not breast feed while taking hydro but as i said that is only my opinion and i am not a doctor ....
well, I am not sure aboutr the whole nursing thing,  but what i can tell you is this. If you are serious about wanting to get off pills--NO it would not be worth picking  up your meds on the 4th.by the 4th you would be over all phsical w/ds and sould already by that point getting in a lil better emotional place.Alot  of us deal with real pain, however if you are running out of your meds weeks early-that is enough to show you have a prob-I hope you will be able to resist the urge to get your meds on the 4th.
Just wanted to post that my baby's doing well.....as am I.  I do have serious chronic pain, but have asked to be put on different meds.  I had to go to 3 different doctors before I could find one that would help me.
Congratulations on the new bundle of joy!  I nursed for longer than I want to talk about .  I took hydro's most of the time and pumped and dumped the milk.  My OB said they were ok to take for a short period of time.  In the hospital they gave me percs and they knew I was nursing and not pumping and dumping so I think for a short time is ok.  My daughter had no w/ds from the percs .I took them for about 2 weeks after she was born.