Nursing my newborn....will she have W/D?
Day1 -  I have been taking Norco aka Vicodin for 8 months straight.  Today I ran out.  My pharmacy will not refill my script.  They said it's too early.  I can get a refill on the 4th of April.  Would it even be worth me getting a refill?  I really do go through pain everyday of my life.  I have severe back back , and now my joints have been a huge issue for the past 3 weeks.  I have no insurance, so I've just been getting refiil after refill from my doctors.  It's been 12 hrs. since my last dose.  I am already sweating and aching all over.  I'm trying to keep myself busy.  I guess my biggest concern would be my daughter.  I'm nursing her.  My family doctor said that I could while taking Norco.  I'm afraid that she's going to experience W/D.  I am so scared.
honestly i don't know there is alot mixed information on this very subject keep an eye out for overly fussy behavior .I don't know a whole lot you will be able to do if she does but comfort her threw , This is just my personal opinion If it were me i would not breast feed while taking hydro but as i said that is only my opinion and i am not a doctor ....
well, I am not sure aboutr the whole nursing thing,  but what i can tell you is this. If you are serious about wanting to get off pills--NO it would not be worth picking  up your meds on the 4th.by the 4th you would be over all phsical w/ds and sould already by that point getting in a lil better emotional place.Alot  of us deal with real pain, however if you are running out of your meds weeks early-that is enough to show you have a prob-I hope you will be able to resist the urge to get your meds on the 4th.
Just wanted to post that my baby's doing well.....as am I.  I do have serious chronic pain, but have asked to be put on different meds.  I had to go to 3 different doctors before I could find one that would help me.
Congratulations on the new bundle of joy!  I nursed for longer than I want to talk about .  I took hydro's most of the time and pumped and dumped the milk.  My OB said they were ok to take for a short period of time.  In the hospital they gave me percs and they knew I was nursing and not pumping and dumping so I think for a short time is ok.  My daughter had no w/ds from the percs .I took them for about 2 weeks after she was born.