Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Old Guy Needs info on w/d from Norco

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Old Guy Needs info on w/d from Norco

I am a 65 year old Man ,Started felling better after some surgery , not much pain anymore last (2) months so i  just tried CT from Norco 9 months 80mg -100mg a day .
Made it 3 days of pure crying hell . Gave up this morning and Called my DR. and was told to take (1) Norco 10mg x 6 hours and gave me some Meds for my tummy and will see me in 2 days . I will try this and in about a week try to go to 7.50mg x 6 hours and keep cutting down . Does anyone have a idea how fast and when to stop cutting down at what mg and go with out anything . Thanks

Check out the Thomas Recipe.   Day 3 is a pretty bad day.   I quit CT from Norcos about 80 days ago.   (I'm an old lady....66 pretty soon.)   But, not being able to take CT is no shame.   I don't know if anyone here can give tapering advice....so you might have to consult with your doctor, but the Thomas recipe will definitely help ease the symptoms.
Actually, you'll tolerate this much better doing what you're doing. You won't feel nearly as horrible as you did today. Just go slowly and drop those small amounts as your doctor told you. Stay in touch with him so he can reevaluate the progress.  The slower the better is the trick for tapering off.

It's too bad this happened to you but it's not unusual. Hang in there! You were so wise to get your doctor involved and it sounds like he's taking good care of you.
Welcome.

80 -100 mg is respectable amounts @ 9 months. People that can taper are fortunate. I cannot......or lets say I failed at it.

If you can taper then go for it. Theres no magic dosage chart for taper. Don't drag it out though..I went on a "never ending" taper...ha

If you have access to good physician then consult first, especially if you have other stuff going on as well...

Thomas recipe is good as mentioned above and be ready for flu like symptoms for a few,,,,

hang out here,,,before you know it you'll be "out of the woods"

Free~
Hi and thanks to all ,
After 9 months of takeing norco  for pain ( surgery) i no longer need then . The pain went mostly away Time to stop the Norco . I fell like a loser for giveing up on day 3 but i was close to loseing it ( for real ) and it was all  i could take . Today my DR. called in  Meds for my Tummy that have worked well . Started (1) 10mg  Norco every 6 hours and fell the lack of what i was takeing but not bad w/d . I will be going from 100mg  to 40mg a day and will try to extend the time and lower the mg's as needed . Then try CT again till i get it right.