One year later.
  A year ago my soul was screaming at me to stop the pain medication.  It was slowly suffocating me.  I knew that if I continued down that path I would die- my soul was dying. I made the choice to go C/T and I told my family/friends/doctor and I found this wonderful site.  Vicki, Sarah, Gnarly, BKitty, IBKLEEN, RNAngel were just some of the many lovely souls who reached out and guided me through those first dark days and cheered me on into the light.  THANK YOU- to all of you from the bottom of my heart.
If you are struggling, suffering, on the fence, scared to jump, scared because you have jumped and you don't feel like you can hang on....Hang on.  It's so worth it.  And so are you.  
One year ago I lived in bed in a haze of opiates and pain.  I had lost my career, my love, my home, my self-respect.  I got clean, I got support, I work on myself every day.  At first it felt like the mountain was so high, and my load was so heavy- I would never make it.  But I put one foot in front of the other and it is truly amazing the peaks I have climbed.
This year I got sober.  This year I have achieved goals in my career I never thought possible.  I own my own business.  I bought my own home.  I manage my pain and chronic illness entirely holistically.  I practice yoga every day.  I see a counsellor two/three times a month.  I volunteer 10-15 hours a week with women who are caught in abuse/addiction cycles.  I have a lot of love in my life.  I feel blessed every day. I also have a lot of days where I feel totally bat%$#@ crazy!!! But I have learned that the key to happiness is being gentle with yourself.  And that happiness is a choice.  We write our own stories in life, and we can change the plot at any time.  If your heart can believe, you can achieve.  I wish this for everyone- faith, trust, belief in yourselves!  You are worth it.
Thank you for all of your wisdom, your support, your kindness.  I am forever grateful.

Much Love,
Lu
Love these Posts, Love seeing people who have made it on the other side!! This place and these people (some of whom you mentioned) have truely save my life! I am blessed today to be 51 days clean and sober and I look forward to the rest of my SOBER life! Thank you for posting!!
Well, just WOW!  Congrats to you!  That's wonderful and such a milestone that we all looked forward to!  Way to go! : )
I just said to bkitty yesterday that i was wondering how you were doing and here you are!!!  I am so incredibly proud of you Lu.  You came here beat down and lost and look at you today, a remarkable woman who is finally living, not just existing.  Always remember to keep that guard up.  As for bat sh!t crazy days...i sometimes do my best work during those times!!!

Congrats on 1 yr clean~
congrats on 1 year!!!  it's 3am here and of course i cant sleep....18 days clean now....never thought i'd be able to say that a month ago......seeing stores like this give me hope and encouragement.....sleep is still not good....and i am back at work as of yest....hoping sleep will come here in a few mins....again congrats on 1 yr and thank you for posting this!  it's helps so many of us to hear a success story!!  
Love hearing from u n such a great poat.Ur doing amazing.keep it up lulu
*post
Love this post LuLu...congrats!!
Thank you all...
Sarah!  I am embracing the fact that I am bats@#% crazy and going with it!  It's a lot easier if we accept who we are...(:

You are one of the many who taught me that.
xo
Lu
Luv that expression!  Congrats on a year and all your successes!  I hope to be there too!  
Im so proud of you!!!!! Congrats!!! We were just talking about you the other day. Here you are!! Sending love and ((((hugs))))~Bkitty
I am so happy for you - crying as I read your post. As others were there for you, you were one of my first supporters as I jumped in to hell. You helped pull me out of a lifetime of wasted days, lies and deceit, and I will never be able to express my gratitude.
You are a unique soul and I feel so fortunate to have had you watching over me.  
Many congrats - k