Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Opana ER

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Opana ER

I have read the posts for about a week now.  I've read where some people have taken everything around but, i have not heard anyone say anything about opana er.  Is it new?  My dr gave it to me to swap my off the hydros but it was just was too strong for me.  Let me hear if anyone has had any experence with it.  Thanks and happy Easter to you all.

Mike in TN
when i could not find oxycontin i would take opana er 40mg. opana(oxymorphone) is about twice as potent as oxycodone. they are rather new i believe they came out in 2002? could be wrong but they are extremely strong and are addictive
I have never understood why my dr would switch me to the 10 mg opana er 3 times a day when i was only taking 3 hydros a day.  It was helping my pain and i had not increased my doseage in about 2 years.

Do you think the opana is stronger than the hydrocodone 7.5?  It seemed to affect me a lot differently.
Sorry I have never heard of opana, but you can do research on it online.  I wish you the best of luck, sorry I can't help you with this.
10mg of an opana is much strong then a hydrocodone 7.5...10mg of opana is like 20mg oxycontin and around 30 of morphine..opana is extremely potent i have no clue why your doctor would do it...i was on around 130mg a day of oxycontin and i would sniff 20mg of oxy and a opana 40 and i would be on my ***..even off just an opana 20 i would be okay so i recommend asking to go down
Avatar n tn
hi i have been on opana er 7.5 miligrams twice a day for about 2 months now . prior to that is was on oxy ir 10 miligrams 4 times a day .  i dont see any change it is like taking a tic tac plus im up all night. oxyir  i think helped more than opana er.
I hate opana ER, especially the reformulation. I take them as prescribed with little to no pain relief and terrible side effects. They tear up my stomach and give me horrible indigestion. Yet, my DR wont switch me to something different.