Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Opiate withdrawal????

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Opiate withdrawal????

What the heck is wrong with me?  I have been on percocet and vicodin for only 2 months.  I was on percocet for a month (7.5-30mg oxy/day varied), the vicodin for 2 weeks (5 mg.  went through 50 in 2 weeks), then percocet for another month 2-7.5 tabs a day.  Went to 1 pill for 2 days last week, then stopped Monday.  Diarrhea ever since.  Highs and lows.  Sometimes I am on the verge of tears for no reason.  Last Thursday I took 1 just to feel a little better because I had an explosive outburst of tears.  I still feel like **** 1 week later.  Is this normal?  After 2 months of use, wouldn't I be better in a couple days?  This sucks.  I feel hopeless and have no ambition.  My nights of sleep suck too.
I was told by alot of people it takes about 10 days to feel normal again, but I have been hooked a couple years. I'm not sure if what your going through is normal or not. Have you called your doctor?
Have you thought of anything else you may have taken in conjunction with the pills that could be causing these long withdrawls? For instance, did you also take (at any time) Valium, Ultram, Ultacet, Nyquil, a little shot of something once in a while (booze)?

The reason I ask is that it would be quite a rarity for someone to have continued hard withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms at the level of pills you were taking (although ANYTHING is possible).

I thought that something was VERY wrong with me when I forgot to take my Ulram for 2 days while I was at a funeral out of state... I ended up in the E.R. Once they got something in me, I was o.k., but NOBODY had ever even implied that Ultram was so addictive in some people. I eventually gave up the drugs cold turkey, because I didn't have the willpower to taper. Hey, If I  had pills around, my only concern was not OVERDOSING while I got rid of the bottle in as little time as possible!

The physical part of the withdrawls (Diarreah (diarrhea), night sweats, Restless leg syndrome, etc..) should be completely gone in 7-10 days. the mental withdrawls, however, are a different story. Youmay feel like **** (depressed) for quite some time. If your depression doesn't subside in another couple weeks, I'd suggest seeing psychiatrist. YES, they are a lot of money, but a lot cheaper than pills to keep you happy!

Fight the good fight!
Jess
"forgot to take my Ulram"
what the.....

I MEANT ULTRAM!

sorry
Oh my God, I have been complaining of that restless legs thing to my girlfriend.  I didn't even mention that.  It has been keeping me awake.  It almost hurts to not move my legs areound!!!  I had no idea that was part of opiate withdrawals!
The leg pain is probably the worst part of withdrawls. I have a friend that's been off heroin for years and he still remembers how bad those leg aches were. I know that feeling of sitting down on the couch while your legs jump out or twitch, and it seems like you're tired but you can't sit still. I really think you should call your doctor, but if there is some reason you can't, try taking a long hot bath. Some people in the forum say it helps.
Two months of daily use is definitely enough to cause you to suffer withdrawals, and if you quit cold you'll probably have all the low energy, depression and other **** that we suffer. When you take another pill at this point, it's only going to prolong it. Start taking the vitamins and supplements suggested in the thread below titled "thomas recipe" and I promise your energy and outlook will improve. It really turned my mind around, as I was suffering severe depression for weeks after withdrawals until I found this board and started the recipe. Good luck and hang in there.
Hey I'm new just jumping in here. I'm on my fourth day withdrawal from vicodin for 2 years. The worst, and I do mean worst is over. You know the hopelessness.  But I'm still suffering from depression and tired all the time. I Have also been taking phentermine diet pills for about 5 years now. Not as often since I started the vicodin. I'm  taking them everyday again now just for the energy to pick my children up from school. Will I have withdrawal from this too? Help somebody tell me I won't have to do this again.
I am so glad to hear from several people they can kick the opiate drugs.  My daughter is in rehab as we speak for the 4th time, this time she put herself there, before it was court ordered.  I have always been told heroine is the hardest to kick. But some of you really make me feel better.  I am proud of all of YOU, even though I don't know you I do know it takes alot to get to where you are. I would appreciate any response you might have and any ideas on how I can continue to support my daughter.  Thanks
Withdrawing from opiates has to have been one of the hardest and most psychologically enduring things I have ever done in my life!  Six months ago I finally got off methadone after a 7 year addiction, then relapsed back onto heroin/cocaine ('speedballs') back in May/June.  Finally had it (almost overdosed 3 times) and me and a friend checked ourselves into rehab to detox (5 to 7 day detox, getting you goosed up on librium, vistirol, calonipin, trazadone, doxipin etc;, etc;).  I'm now on day 9 and feel alright, having really intense drug dreams which suck but overall, not too bad. Finally figured out I have to go to NA!!!  You just can't beat this by yourself, there's no way in hell!  I felt good when I relapsed, life going well, good job (now that's gone)so you never know when your former 'druggie' self is gonna come back and bite you on the ass! I can honestly say that today I won't use, and take it day-to-day...I can't go back, won't go back!!!!!!  Everyone take care....
im clean now for sbou 3 days... overall ive only been addcited for a half year. fortunally for me... i was snorting. my back and legs are killing me, but the worse is come night time where sleeping is just imposible. all i want is a little rest... its unbelieavle. its been about 72 hrs and and maybe 3 hrs of sleep. somone please, HELP!!
Hi and welcome to the forum.Im not sure what drug you were snorting but untill I hear from you i'll assume your talking about oxy.If it was oxy,the worst of the physical withdrawl (withdrawal) is almost behind you.Day 4 is usually when most start feeling better from opiate w/d.I really felt the difference on day 5 of hydro w/d.The restless legs were a nightmare.I found that hot baths every chance I got worked the best for the leg aches.If you can get the thomas recipe(posted everywhere) it will really help with your energy level.I wish you luck.keep posting.Oh yeah,post at the top and you'll get a lot more responses.Not many read down here every day.

pixi
I lost my comment, here goes again. 21/2 yrs ago i had a bad motorcycle accident. Did rehab 15 mos. and was prescribed hydro/lortab 7.5, 3 a day. Returned to work, still some pain. Continued with the painkillers. 3 a day. Started having other problems, alot of pain in my neck, shoulders and upper arms.
Dr did blood wrk, ANA came back positive, sent me to a specialist
because they thought I had lupus. He diagnosed me with myofacial
pain disorder. I know........sounds like BS, but get it and then tell me what you think. Severe pain in the trigger points 24/7.
Told me to exercise and do yoga, didn't help.Nothing did.
I also get terrible headaches and always have, it's genetic.
Went to a different DR. 2 MRIs later, bulging disc, tendonitis in both shoulders and osteoarthritis of entire cervical spine.
He writes for me every month, lortab/10 @ 3per a day. He's a DR in a neighboring state. I'm talking severe pain and stiffness 24/7 with no relief. I also get cortisone shots from him.
I also have a family DR that I've been going to about a year or so. I love her. She answers all of my questions, explains things and I trust her. Well, she got the report about my diagnosis of MPD. She knows it really hurts, so she writes a script for Lortab 7.5/4 x a day and continues to write each month.
Needless to say that this is when my addiction began. I even bought some, because that wasn't enough. I was up to 25 a day.
I quit buying, that was stupid, now my average is 12 a day but
somedays I still hit 20 or so, that's why I always run out.
Then all I can think about is how to get more pills. I crawl around the floor in case I dropped one earlier. Insanity!
I want to completely quit going to the out of state DR, and only go to my family DR and take pain med exactly as prescribed.
I've been trying to do this but so far, I'm angry to say, I just can't do it. Here's my number one concern, I want to quit doing this, of copurse, but I don't want to get caught going to 2 DR's.
Will I get in trouble with the law? I love my Family DR so much
that if I got caught, she'd find out and I couldn't face her again. She's the only DR I ever could relate to. She has trust in
me.
I feel that I an a functioning addict. I go to work every day, take care of my house and yard, am self-sipporting, pay my bills on time, have excellent hygiene and I have a wonderful relationship with a good man, for the past five years. He knows nothing about this. He knows I take lortab/hydro for pain,
but he doesn't know anything else. Neither does the rest of my family, friends or co-workers.
I think I've been addicted for a year and a 1/2. My relationship has gone through rough times during this period and I wonder if
that was caused by my drug use. Alot of you say that you cryed alot. Well I cry alot!! Is that because of the hydro?
I told my family DR I had restless legs, she gave me Tinzadine,
a muscle relaxer that helps. I didn't know that was because of
withdrawal. Every month I run out , so I don't have any pills,
anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks. I feel really bad the first day or two, then just tired.
I know I can do this. I kicked amphetimines in the early 80's.
I went to NA. But NA isn't for me, it seemed like a cult in a way, not that I'm putting it down because it does help so many people, it's just not for me. So what are my alternatives?
Counseling didn't help either. I swore to myself then that I would never put myself in this type of situation again. But after the accident, I was in severe pain, and I had never liked pain killers before. Who knew?
My goal is to quit going to the out-of-state DR, and go only to my family DR. Take her lortab prescription exactly as prescribed, 1 every 6 hours, and try to cut back on that, taper off, as you say here. But I do believe I need something for the pain. OTC drugs don't help, anti-inflammatorys make me sick to
the stomach. So my only alternative is lortab. I don't believe I should have to live with this pain constantly. Also, she has tried me on every pain killer in existence and only hydro worked.
If this keeps going on, I fear that I will lose everything.
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Hi I've been taking narcs since an accident sept 9,2002. For 2 days I was on IM medications of rather strong medications... morphine and demoral. After leaving the hosp. I was discharged with Codeine #3 which I took and refilled about 60 tabs. Since I have hit some Vicodin's from a past injury.... My pain is bad enough so that I am comforted at night from the vicodin... The only problem is that now about 2 months after the accident I am noticing a headache at night as if to remind me to take another vicodin. Once I take the vicodin... sure enough the headache is gone and I feel so much better. I realize I have to either taper or discontinue... the only thing is is that I feel I really in little danger since I only take about a pill and half at most per day... Someone please enlighten me to more information ... So I dont have a real hard time with all this.  I would really appreciate any responses from experience.. Thanks  Gerard.
Let me be the first to warn you.  I started with only one a day for chronic pain.  Soon enough it became two, three, four, all the way up to 20.  The reason why is your body becomes dependent in ways you could never imagine  Your pain that was tolerable before the pain meds, now becomes intensified.  Let me tell you I live in real horrible pain but I would rather hurt then take those pills again.  Being addicted to them can change your whole persona. Stop now while the real withdrawals are not present.  The withdrawals from hydro is equivalent to heroin.  You will feel like your dying for about 5 days.  Some people have shorter withdrawals but it will only take one day for you to regret ever being on them.  Imagine wanting to be anywhere but where you are magnify your want to get away from where you are by 20 and not being able to move.  It is the most horrible thing you can imagine.  I just tell you out of caring this suff is the devils syrup.  You might as well been on heroin and enjoyed the highs a little more because your going topay for it in the same manner.  Please if you do just have to have it do yourself a favor.  Take it one day, emphasis on one and then SKIP a day.  Your body will be less likely to be dependent on it.  But the best solution is just to stay off of them all together.  The pain you have to endure without them is nothing in comparison to the pains of the withdrawals.  I promise you this.  Sorry to be so drastic in explanation, but I do want to express this thoroughly.  Thanks and good luck!
I posted a comment earlier for ghnyc, this is for you.  I am pretty successful finacially.  I make nearly 200k a year and I have been buying the lortabs in ways that well...you know what im saying.  I was going to the poorhouse.  25+ a day.  It doesnt matter your need will gradually grow.  Fortunately there is answers for some people.  I have Marphans Syndrome.  It is very painful on a daily basis.  I thought Hydro was the only answer for me because like you I tried all the rest of the drugs but nothing seemed to work.  Hydro was the miracle drug!!!  I know the life of pain, it sucks but if you dont stop now you could be in some serious danger.  One, it is illegal to carry hydro prescriptions across state lines.  That is, to live in one state and manipulate a doctor in another state to double your script.  But that should be the least of your concerns.  I know from experience that soon enough nothing else will matter much to you.  I myself have always been self supportive.  I always do the things that need to be done.  I handle everything accordingly but its only a matter of time before the drug overpowers your life.  So heres some options for you.  One they have nerve blocks, of course you cant block all the pain but you can try to get most of the areas.  Two, this sounds hoaky but there are people who see results from hypnotic suggestion.  I have met many who gained enough perspective to look past the pain.  Then theres the other solution.  Live with the pain.  Sounds crappy, but I can say myself I would rather do it than have to be dependent on anything.  I would hate going after those pills, chewing them up and chasing with a glass of water.  Because I knew everytime I did I got more and more dependent.  At least living with the pain I have control over my life, where on the pills I was just autonomous.  Do yourself a favor get off.  Trust me no matter what your not yourself right now.  If you are taking 12 a day or even close to that, you cant be your normal self.  I distanced everyone from me, my family included.  My attitude sucked and probably pushed my marriage to its limits, but when I was on the pills I dodnt even care.  Damn, I am one long winded fool....lol  I just feel so passionate about these things.   Also if you are as close to your doctor as you metioned.  You might want to aks for some presriptions that will help you detox.  Trazadone is a great way to detox.  I do not know if it can be prescribed or wether it has to be given in an in-patient setting.  There are also out patient programs that will help you to detox safely.  That is another point I should make.  The risk of detoxing the wrong way is one, strokes two seizures and three heart attacks.  The latter is unlikey but the first two are rather likely.  Detox, while you can do it safely.  Well thats all for my current novel, lol...but stay tuned I am sure there will be more to read from me.  Thanks and good luck all.  God Bless.
its day 3 my legsbehind my knees  and fett kill mae so bad help
I'm on day 4 this is the hardest thing i've ever had to do. no one knows that i take oxy, i just do. i can't tell anyone what i'm going through. i feel like a wreck, i wanna cry, i don't want to work, i just felt much happier on the pills. i know i need to stop, i'm trying.... i'm trying
In the words of Winston Churchill " When you're going through hell, keep going".
I did the same thing, all alone except for this amazing forum.  It got me to the other side, as it will for you.  You are not alone.
i'm on a duragesic patch (50) and 15 mg morphine for chronic pain. i want to get off but i'm afraid of both...the addiction and the pain from no opiates.  what is going to happen if i quit cold turkey.      i m helpless
Welcome, this thread is from 2002 I suggest in order to get your post read by current members you click on Back to Forum below this post and then on Post a New Question. that way you can post your own thread and get it seen..

In my opinion do not stop something as strong as the durgesic patch cold turkey.. that should really be tapered with help from your doctor.. he can step you down to the 25 patch the meds you are on shood either be tapered or go into a inpatient detox where they can monitor you medically..
been taking methadone for about 1 year  20 mg a day  today is the first without it how long will withdrawals be and how intense. will taking phentermine diet piils with withdrawals help
Hey, post this on a new 'Post a Question' button. this is an old post, but we want to help you. OK?
i am goin threw a withdrawl (withdrawal) from opiates, its ok but not bad i do have goosebumps 24/7 and have had night sweats the past 2 out of 3 opiate free days, its day three and the only way i can sleep at night is with some valum or some xana. wiill i be ok and what should i do? i havent told anyone what im goin threw i just feel lazy ut i hearif u smoke weed it helps the withdrawls and valum 2. but then would u be addicted 2 valum or what??
how do u get the posts 2 the TOP OF THE PAGE NO1 will see this
jpeezy...i am going through this detox all by myself as well.  evryone around me , family and all think i have the flu.  I have a 3 yr old daughter and just looking at her makes me sad, I wish I had the energy to play with her and be there for her.  No one knows that I am going through withdrawal.  It is one of the worst things i have ever been through physically.  I did not think it would be this hard., i want to take more oxy, but i know it will only prolong the inevitable, right?
ive been addicted to hard opiates for a couple of years now such as fentanyl, oxycontin, norcos, percocets, morphine 100 mg, and i found that the best way to quit is to go a couple days without it but have some norcos and when you absolutely feel like *** just pop one and slowly taper off of it until you feel normal, take one to two every time you start feeling the withdrawals and you should be fine, since hydrocodone is not really a very strong opiate you should beat the withdrawals like that...
I've been an addict for several years of up to 20 vicodin per day and yes thousands of dollars. I was scared to stop taking vicodin because of the withdrawls. I talked and listened to several people and they all had the same comments I see in this forum. I came to the conclusion that my life was going to end or restart. I spent $30k in Narocnon (rehab) and I am a new person. Let me give you all a few tips I learned that may help your withdrawls.

1. Stop taking for 24hrs-it's still in your system so you won't be filling like ****.
2. Step into a sauna for 2-3 days for 2-3 hours. (I seen that people with a higher tolerance than me needed more time). Codine is stored in your fat cells and you will sweat this out, taking out of your system much faster. You will already feel nausea so step out for a few and get back in. Now instead of this long recovery, you already bought yourself a week. Your not sleeping because it lies with your fat and muscle cells.
3. Now start on vitamins after 1 and 2. It's pointless to start your vitamin diet before or during withdrawl (withdrawal) period. I can't tell you what vitamins to take since I had a DR give them to me after evaluation but an all purpose vitamin will help.
4. The hardest thing to get over are the mind games. We all depend on these pills to have fun, relate in life, deal with pain, or whatever. Get off your *** and do something. Walk the dog, go back to the gym and sweat more, spend time with the kids, stay away from friends who shares the same life style. Don't sit down and read a book when your mind wants to play games with you. I was taught not to take any pain meds during recovery and I didn't have a problem. But I seen others who were in much worse pain than me and they were allowed a motrin.
5. Sleep depresion. If you follow the steps above, your body will need the rest and you will sleep. Once those vitamins kick in and your body starts coming normal, it will allow you and want you to sleep. You will also start feeling a normal heart rate. Through these tough few days, it's a fast recovery so your heart is adutated but don't worry. I found this to be normal.

I hope this helps. ANYBODY can do it. I seen it with my own eyes. This is not just for vicodin but any drug/alcohol.

Best Wishes on your new life and may God Bless. It feels great to be free.

LR
I'm coming up to 96 hours without anything in my system. I was taking vicodin habitually for years---probably about 15-20 Norcos (which were the 10mg double strength ones) a day. I went on to Suboxone for about 6 months, but my insurance decided they didn't want to cover it anymore---great. My sister had just gotten in a terrible car accident and had been prescribed 180 10mg Methadones and 560-5mg oxycodones. Well to avoid withdrawals from the suboxone, I substituted with the methadone for about 2 weeks---about 60-80mg a day. Then I tried tapering off with the Oxys with absolutely no success. I quit everything then and it through me into full blown withdrawals. I know the worst is over because it's been almost 90 hours off everything. But man this restlessness due to the restless leg syndrome is killing me! I am so damn tired I haven't slept in days. Does anyone know when those symptoms will subside?!? Cuz I need some sleep dammit! On top of everything, I got an actually flu with a fever and cough so it's just been hell. When will this stupid leg thing stop?!? Somebody please help me.

Jim W
are there any complications with withdrawals from high doses {200 mgs a day} of oxycontin and hepatitis C and other auto immune disease, such as rhunitoid arthritis, reynoids syndrome, fibromyalgia, lyme disease, I have them all and Im worried that major comlications during withdrawals could kill me,,,,,not to mention the fact that all these problems seem to get ten tines worse when i run out.  the withdrawals are so so so, hard on me, nearly hoplessly impossible due to the extreme pain accompanying the sickness.  Its brutal, and after three tries, i wasnt able to succeed!
honestly I feel like im going to die, it really scares me how fast I get sick and stay sick, its pure torture, and i was told that you shouldnt detox off of oxys if your health is compromised. could cause liver failure. please, any help will be so dearly appreciated  I am sooo worried, and i start my chemo theoropy next week, and I have nobody to rely on, Im a scared mother of a two year old..thank you in advance, susie
i have been taking 30-40 narcos/perc 10s and soma 350 a day the mix would make me really relaxed but slowly toar my life right out from under my legs i  have been on them for 4 years and i have unlimted access to them since n the last year i learned how to doc hop and keep my needs fulfilled.  i would get about 1500 to 2000 a month in just the narcos.  i started in 06 with just one to two aday ive never been injured bad enough to take em ijust liked them. i went from havein a great job a great girl to no job, on thin ice with the girl.  i have to stop now or im just gonna loose my life for good and put me in a hole thats to deep for me to climb out of. im on day one it wasnt that bad but day one never is this isnt the first time i tried kicking the habet but it definetly gets harder every time . i just need to no when do u think its safe to start working again without the constint mindfucking that goes on and who knows how long its gonna take me to start feeling a little better considering how many i was taking. im only 22 i cant do this **** no more.

Taking potassium supplements will take the Restless Leg Syndrome away.  They are cheap and you can get them at any drug store/ health food store.  R.L.S. is a horrible thing.  I would try everything i could think of the get hid of it (stretching, exercise, heat pads, etc.)  Then somewhere i read that potassium supplements would take it away.  Within about an hour of taking my first supplement, I notice the pain in my legs subsiding, and eventually went totally away by the end of the day. I take a potassium tab once a day and the R.L.S. had not returned...at all.  So, R.L.S. is a simple case of potassium deficiency.  
I'm fighting opiate addiction now.  Was taking bout 120mg of oxycodone for bout a 1 1/2 years.  This I started after kicking the booze, bout 2 years Bacardi free.  But kicking the pills is the hardest freakin thing I've ever tried.  Went 9 days cold turckey..  Then took 4 tens yesterday.  It's the depresion and the unability to Move that may be the worst.  Taking a shower requires 3 cups of coffee.  Have I mentioned you will cry at the drop of a hat.  To top it off this crawlin out yourskin **** just plain *****... Won't let you sleep on top of it all.  Well that's were I'm at now..,  back to day 2 clean now..  Really hope I can do it this time.  Ohh when do you stop feeling like everyday is your worst..  When does the depression from withdrawl (withdrawal) stop?
Hi Ive been in and out of rehab 4 times now and as far as opiates go i have been addicted for 9 years. From 5 miligram vicodins to percocets to oxys to methadone and finally to heroine and have also tried each and every way of detox imaginable. The worst was the methadone detox wich i pretty much just bit a stick and rode the 2 month dry train with bottles and bottles of tylenol and melatonin green tea and i know this sounds crazy but i was back in my parents house and needed a job but had muscle spasms diarrhea vomting hot and cold at the same time and like some kind of impending sense of doom! Anyway i did NOT feel like any kind of physical activity at all and the ONLY place that would hire me is a freaking land scaping company which I worked for 12 hours a day in 100 degree weather and wanted to kill myself after the first day. I noticed when i got home on the first day of work that the insomnia was gone as well as the restless legs. As the rest of the week went on all symptoms subsided! It was because the sweat had cleansed the opiates right out. For those of you who dont know methadone withdrawl (withdrawal) takes 2 months so those of you on vicodin be mindful that vic w/ds only take 4-9 days depending. I wouldnt suggest that method but it worked. For oxys and vicodin I have also done just the cold turkey hard detox which for me took 6 days to even function again. Again wouldnt suggest it. I almost lost my job waiting tables because i had to call in 3 days of it. I wasnt able to overcome the depression during that. Ive done the suboxone treatment which is expensive if youre insurance doesent cover it. This was a miracle drug for me and only had to hurt for two days till it was over. Only problem was you detox off this too! this cured all the symptoms though for me. The down side is it gives you a little taste of a high and can lead you to relapse off of just boredom but it can work. I just suggest if you can do the suboxone, stay on it!!!!! I also tried the 4 day suboxone detox in which 4 days in to the w/ds I was taken off and then had 4 more days of light but weird detox symptoms. I tried a methadone clinic which is NOT OK!!!!! Stay away!!!! It gets you high for a month then no matter how much they raise your dosage doesent work and then to quit you have to detox for 2 months! Its not as bad as heroin or oxy w/ds but it is horrible. Oh again on suboxone it takes three days of hard w/d from heroin for the suboxone to work. Last but not least I pretty much tried training my mind to ween myself off vicodin, at first by chance. I got a kidney dtone last year( which is why im addicted to pain meds) and my parents have been with me since my first trip to rehab when i was 18, im now 23, and so of course i needed the vicodin but my mom wouldnt let me dose myself. She dispensed the vics 1 every six hours although my tolerance was 6 every 3 hours at 20-25 pills a day paid for in cash off street. The first 3 days were frustrating but the vics she gave kept w/ds at bay. Then to my amazment on the 5th day she gave me one and i felt good! at this point the stone was almost out and hurt the worst. So now I got 2 pills every 4 hours and was buzzed! I couldnt believe it. Now I had lowered my tolerance to a reasonable amount to where w/ds are much QUICKER not EASIER so dont be confused just weening down doesent hurt less it just takes less time. So I dried out and relapsed a week later in a fit of out of nowhere boredom! I relapsed on heroin to cover up the guilt and shame i felt from letting my family down. I continued another 7 months and went back to rehab where i used a regiment of suboxone for 3 months and lowered my dose down to 1 mg a day and slid off of them in 2 days. I stayed clean for about 4 months with NA and a halfway house then moved out and had a brief binder in vegas with dones. Now im 4 months clean again but I disconnected myself in a new town, new friends, (clean friends) attempted religion which helps no matter what religion, NO more drug buddies which is hard as hell. No more fast lane lifestyle but in place of that I have my job, money, and more importantly FAMILY. Yall remember laughing and feeling shameless with family? It can still happen. Choose any of these methods, I hope the help someone. Out of all these i suggest finding a suboxone doctor and maintain a low dose (you wont get high) and stay on it........Good luck and god be with you all.. If you loose hope remember there is light at the end of the tunnel...You CAN beat this ********. Its a hard life we live but remember that millions are going through the same thing.
Just wanted to tell my story to those who are wondering about detox time. I had what i think would be considered  a minimal problem but a problem non the less. i have been taken around 45 to 60mgs of oxycodone a day for a year. small amount but still dependant. I jumped off and am now on day 6. I am pretty close to back to normal. The first three days were bad. I am a professional and had to work so it was tough. Also have two small children. my wife doesnt know about my problem so i had to hide my wds. I told them i had the flu. Days 1-3 were hard but day 4 was better and day 5 was even better. RLS is bad. I take .5mgs of xanax at night and bumped that up to 1mg to help sleep. I have no desire to use again. The biggest advice is drink tons of water and g2. flush your system and exercise. YOU WILL GET BETTER after the initial detox(3-5 days). everyday will be better. I promise. I know most people take much more then i did and the wds will be worse but you can do it. you will get better. once you turn the corner and start feeling better it gets easy. eat lots of potassium. GOOD LUCK and remember you will get better!
I read much of your comments and like many, I ended up on pain meds for all the right reasons, but taken all the wrong way. I.e. I ended up having much adequate pain relief from fibro/back problems with a mere lowsy 10mg vicodin, when I quit I was using upwards of 10-12 roxycodone 15mg's daily. A 240mg Rx would last two weeks at most, always out, ugh-all the same b.s. here. So I decided to cold turkey it. Days 1-3, horrible. Day 4, horrible still, day 5 still yucky with at least not much sweating: mostly insomnia and achey (achy) painful legs. (note: for me it's the ache, not really just RLS) Regardless today is day 8 of no Roxycodone.  Let me tell you, everyone is DIFFERENT because I am not feeling a whole lot better today. Please don't be discouraged, I'm not, just know that the 3-5 day idea 'might' not be true.  I am still dealing with the sh**s which *****, am using ENSURE and adding vitamins to the regiment. I want to see if potassium actually helps.

Day 8: ultimate complaints: lethargy, achey (achy) legs

I am seeing much write about sweating this out via a sauna...I wish I had that opportunity, because I would love to try. Any of you planning on detoxing and can, DO IT!  So many others have told me to do so during withdrawal, just hydrate yourself especially with the G.I. problems.  

God bless everyone. Keep your chins up. Remember, many of us went into this with relatively healthy bodies(even me with fibro/back) and we became addicted to a medicine plain and simple. If we can walk into this mess, we can walk out, the hard part, enduring the pain to get to the horizon. God Bless people!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ... MY HUSBAND DID OR DOES HEROIN. I AM NOT SURE IF HE STILL DOES.. I KNOW HE DOES PILLS LIKE MORPHINE OR PORCOSET SORRY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT... DOES THIS AT ANYWAYY MAKE HIM DISTANT FROM ME? I DON'T KNOW WHY HE IS DISTANT
I have been a daily vicodion user for 4 yrs up to 30-40 pills a day. I have tried stopping a few times on my own and just could not handle the withdrawl (withdrawal). I am on day 9 and I feel at my worst. Im 32 yrs old and a single mother of 3. I just dont know what to do anymore, Im tired all the time, very moody hot cold sweats and my leggs hurt so much that nothing seems to help. I am on ativan which helps me when I am very upset. I take seroquel at night so that helps with the sleep. Its during the day for me. I sometimes think i was better off when i was on it atleast the house was cleaned and was on top of everything. and im not edgy with the kids. Everyone irritates the heck out of me. Please help someone before I decide to throw all this away and just go back to
I too have chronic pain and was put on vicodin and then oxycontin.  These are bad medicines because of tolerance.  My  pain doc who is a great man transferred me to Fentynal patches with Immediate release morphine for breakthrough pain.  Another good long-term drug is methadone.
Girl I've been doing the percocet since1998 and the methadone since 2004 and am quiting YAAAAA.But I must tell you its been about a month since I had a pain pill and about a little over a week off the methdone and I feel like crap..I feel pretty good in the morning but come the nite time thats when my arms start doing all kinds of hurting and muscle spasms cant keep them still I also keep my boyfriend awake..HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO  LAST I CANT TAKE MUCH MORE OF THIS????
You are posting on an oldish thread and you may not get many replies.  Go up to the top of this page to the orange ask a question button and repost.  That will start a NEW thread.  I am going to message one of the members who has lots of experience with methadone and hopefully he can help.  He is on early mornings.  Glad you found this site, it has helped me so much.
Ive been and opiate addicted for five years know. up to 100mg of oxy a day. the best thing i found to fall asleep is earplugs, and some soft music. during withdrawels any odd sound can wake u, thuse the earplugs. Opiate addiction thins ur blood dramatically causing restlest leg, and the feeling of a cold dead body, thuse the music stimulates the brain and heart bringing ur blood rate to a more stable level allowing comfort.
I have been addicted to vicodine and norco for almost a year I just can't seem to get away I have tired to wean myself off from two a day to one a day to half a day and gettin to the half is just not freaking cutting it I don't know what to Do or where to start I was hooked up to a morphine machine in the hospital for two weeks where the constantly shot me up with delotit and vicodine just to shut me up and I've been addicted ever since I'm so young and just ruin everything with this its not easy
Am going thru withdrawals from vicodin and percocet. This is day 1. Have GI issues. Anxiety, sweats and chills. I cannot take time off work. Have to work all weekend. Any suggestions. I have been on this crap for 10 years and i feel enough is enough. What can i do to relieve these withdrawal symptoms?
i know how u feel the pains in ya legs and bit able to sleep ive bin clean for 19 days now and in the last 4 days ive had 2 hrs in totally to top it off i burmlkand quiet survire to lost alk my skin keep up the work