Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Opiate withdrawl(withdrawal) help

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Opiate withdrawl(withdrawal) help

Its very hard for me to type this so i cant imagine actually saying it outloud. But ive been addicted to opiates for a little over two years, mainly lortab or vicodin. I have to stop this, its ruining my life. . which is expected, so i dont have to go into great detail about that part. I take about 3 to 4 10 mg or 7.5 mg a day. I know i can't stop cold turkey i have two girls to take care of and Ive done that before when i got pregnant so i know what to expect. how many pills should i be taking to cut back? how many days do you take so many before cutting back one?
Hi, and welcome!   I tapered and it worked but it's not for everyone and you need to have someone involved in your taper to hold your pills or you will fail.  The rules on here are tricky about tapering but what i can tell you in general a taper should be 4 weeks from vics and try to prolong your dose as long as possible.  But your dosage seems low if your talking about vicoden.  How many vics a day are you taking on a regular basis?  General rule is to cut back about every 3-4 days.  Best of luck to you.
You won't find a lot of tapering advice on here.  It actually never worked for me.  You can find the Thomas Recipe under the health pages in the upper right corner of the screen.  You can try tapering if you like and everyone here will support you but for me cold turkey was the best way to go.

Whichever you choose please keep coming back and asking questions and let us know how you are doing.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.
3 or 4 isnt a lot. Why can you not go cold turkey? If you do the worse physical withdrawals should be over and done with in 4 to 5 days.
Devonlee

Is rite,Thats very doable in 4-5 days maybe 3, just stay active and it'll be done and not much sleep lost after words choose a regiment ...

good luck