Opiates
I have been on opiates on and off now for about 9 months. I notice if I dont take a pill for 3-4 hours my body starts aching. Almost a mild flu like ache. And then an hour after I take the pill the aching pretty much goes away. Is this normal with opiates? Am I having more pain because I keep taking them? Would the aching subside if i completely stopped taking? I didnt realize you could start feeling yucky only a couple hours after not taking it. I never had pain before starting them....they just make me feel good :( They take away anxiety :( Thanks for anyone who responds....
Welcome to the forum! Yes to all of your questions. Opiates can do all of those things. Those flu like symptoms you are experiencing are the beginning of withdrawals.  If you decide to quit, which I hope you do, the pain will get worse for a short period. The upside though is  it does get better!  If you have anxiety I would definitely see a dr about it. Opiates are great for everything at first. Then like most of us they end up messing your life up and causing more anxiety than you had to begin with! The sooner you get off those little devils the better! You can do it! More people will be along soon I hope!
Also there is a substance abuse forum on med help! I would copy and paste this to it. The people on there are awesome
Opiates, when properly used, are used for pain, and pain only. Misuse leads to addiction. There are treatments for anxiety, and they are not opiates. See your doctor about your addiction problem and your anxiety. Also keep in mind that your anxiety may not be emotionally based. There are physical ailments that can cause anxiety. Be sure to ask your doctor about this.
Hi sweetie!! I wanted to drop in and encourage you to post over in our wonderful SUBSTANCE ABUSE forum where you will learn more than you ever wanted to know about pills, addiction, withdrawal, drugs, etc...

The wonderful people over there will also give you advice, encouragement, & personal testimonies to show they truly understand.. Here's the link to the SA forum.. I hope to see you there!!

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/77?personal_page_id=3232726