Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Opium Tincture

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Opium Tincture

I have been taking Opium Tincture as it is prescribed to my partner for diareah and we both take it regularly.  I know I shouldn't be taking someone else's medication for starters (shame on me) but the habit has already been established.  When the Opium Tincture runs out I take Vicodin just to releive the withdrawal symptoms.  I want to stop but the withdrawals from it are just unbearable.  I've gotten myself into a real pickle I know, but really do want to stop and move on.  My question is this; in there anything out there that can help with Opiate withdrawals besides taking more Opiates.  Grant I could slowly ween myself off, but have a hard time with that as well.  Any opinions on the subject would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Avatar n tn
Both suboxone and ultram are used for wd relief.  Also clonodine.
Suboxone and ultram are for short term use and if you read posts from FLaddict and RBC3 you can find more info on suboxone.

Good luck and welcome to the forum, you made the right choice to join us.

tzt