Oxy 80's
I want to quit smoking oxy's so bad but i cannot stand the withdrawls i get. plus i easily get anxiety and angery. its so hard. i wanna quit any advice? should i juss go cold turkey or ween myself off. im 18 and my family doesnt know. and i wanna keep it that way becasue i dont wanna hurt them. thats why iwanna quit so bad for myself my future and my family. i juss started looking things up online today and found this website.
if u can wean do it.. if not we can take it from there wit sum helpful tips... PM me if u want
Honey, Try to think about telling your family. This is too hard for someone your age to do on their own. It will be hard to wd without getting sick and you will not stay clean and be able to be around any of the friends you have using these. The physical withdrawal is hard. Staying clean is much harder. Read alot of posts and more people will be on to give you advise. My advise is to get up the nerve and tell your family...go to rehab. Addiction can easily kill you. Have you had any friends die? Believe me, I lost a son and your parents will never have another day without unbearable pain if they lose you sweetie. Tell them. They will understand eventually and they will help you get better. Corey
Keep reading and looking up things. Knowledge is power with this issue. Use this forum for support and to ask questions....... You are much too young to not stop the madness......I had a habit thats older than you! Put some things on paper and make them real. Like a plan to either quit cold turkey or wean yourself down to a manageable level before you stop. As a parent of a couple young men a little older than yourself; I have to tell you that you will hurt your parents much more if you do not tell them than you could ever imagine. And I also need to tell you that stopping the oxy's is merely one step in a process. The withdrawals are not the end of anything - - - but thats where you have to start before you make much progress at all....  Keep posting with questions and for support.   More information wouldnt hurt - - like how many mgs and how often - - - and what withdrawals are you experiencing? Have to tell you now that there no painless ways to do this...........only varying degrees of discomfort.  But the longer you keep using - - the rougher it will be to quit. And dont fall into any opiate replacement therapy at your age until you try (HARD) to quit several times yourself.  
if you can taper i think that is good, however IMO lots of addicts find it hard to do. I was never on oxis so i dont know, but my DOC was loratab/narco and i took 15-20 10s a day. i tried taper didnt work, i took em all in one day then was forced to c/t, lasted 9 or 10 days and relapsed for about a week, now i am at day 5. It is hard, but when you are young as we are you are throwing your life away. Beleive me i know, i worked so hard to get into the R.N. nursing program at my college and my addiction ruined it, by the grace of god,, i am getting a second chance. Anyways this is about you and you know what you need t o do. i do agree with whoever told you to think about telling your family they will be the support you need and they prob already know. good luck. You can do it. The worst is 5-7 days, you can always claim to have the flu if you chose not to tell. Be prepared. hot baths, otc pain meds, benadrayl or something for sleep, something for your tummy, cheack out the thomas recipe on here its at the bottom right hand corner, it works great. you will be amazed at how quickly you start feeling better. Once you get over the hump (for me it was day 3 ) every day keeps getting better. After you have a little clean time you MUST HAVE A PLAN TO STAY CLEAN
step 1) get clean
step2) stay clean
keep posting , dont be ashamed cause we are all here for the same reason
I agree totally with both of them. but we need to understand more of what ur already aexperiencing. length of use? amount? things like that. if your able to wean i dont mean physically i mean mentally also that is an option but you have to be true to yourself. I would def tell someone tho, close to you that you trust. Having support is very very important right now. even if its just on here. reach out for help. we are here, we have been there, we ARE there! right here with you...
you are correct about weaning, its not the phsical part, more so the mentall part, in weaning you will still feel some discomfort and if you got your own pills it is far to easy to sucker into taken one to get out of that pain. When you decide to quit , you must be prepared, no one gets a get out free card, its hard, it *****, but in the end it is worth every minute of pain you go throw. withdrawals only last a short time, life is long and we need to live it. being clean=being alive