Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Oxy to Vicodin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Oxy to Vicodin

Ive been snorting oxy contins for almost a year now.  Recently Ive been doing about 40mg a day of the oxys.  Ive tried to quit a few times, and the withdrawals are too unbearable to stay with it.  I cant function enough to go to work every day for 9 hours.  SO i have never been successful quitting them.  I absolutely cant miss time at work and my job is extremely important for me right now.  Recently i found someone with some vicodin 750s and i have some of those.  I have been doing 2 or three of those a day for the past few days and not any oxy's at all.  Im hoping that going to a couple vicodins a day will make the withdrawals much more manageable. With the vicodins i dont really get 'high" or anything, but I dont feel the need to get the oxys.  I feel like i can bring myself down to 1 or 2 vicodins a day very soon.  Just wondering if i am wasting my time?  WIll the withdrawals be just as bad when i stop completely??
Hey Dude. I have a lot of personal experience with opiates, and I've been through it. A few years ago I had to have some surgery, and was getting vicodan and lortabs. It only takes a couple of weeks of doing them several times a day to develope a chippy, or minor addiction, which I did. From previous experience (i had a heroine problem in the '70s) I knew that I had to get things under control. If you have a good amount of personal control, you can kick without any real bad side effects. What I did was cut my dose by 1/3rd every three days until I was down to taking single pills. Than I cut to half a pill, than a quarter. It took some will power, but I can tell you that it beats the hell out of even minor withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms. Try some Nytol or other over the counter medication to help with sleep. Within a week of finishing your detox, you will feel fine. If you don't do it yourself, your going to have to have somebody else help you with it, but you gotta do it. There is no darker, lonlier place than withdrawl (withdrawal). The sooner you get rid of this habit, the sooner you can get back to your life.
I have experience taking oxy's and vic's and I'll tell you this:  Oxy's are a longer lasting/acting opiate than the vics.  It's better to taper from vics than oxy's for this reason. As long as you stick to it, you'll be successful.   Someone I know did this very same thing.  It's hard to taper but you're doing it!  Good luck and stick with it because the truth is, some people CAN do it.  You are on the right track.  Taper slowly and listen to your body.  As long as you don't deviate from the program, the end will eventually come!  Please keep us posted on your progress and remember, you are not alone!
Thanks guys for the encouragement.  I feel a lot better about making an attempt at this.  The problem is that i love the oxy's!
I dont get that great feeling from the vics - but i can function and get through the day.  It is going good.  I take one hole in the morning and then swallow a couple broken up at night, that satisfies my urge to "get high" and gives me a little of that warm fuzzy feeling.  I hope i can stick to this but I dont have enough vicodins!  I really hope i can find some more (or percocets) so that i can stay off the oxys.  Otherwise this may not work.  I only have enough of these to last 4 or 5 days if i take 2-3 per day.  So I may slip back to the OC's if i cant get more.  I wish i could just get 1 script so i could complete the tapering process.  Plus my birthday is next week and I have lots of other plans.  When my vics run out im going to have to get something!
Chas,

I heard snorting oxycontins just wreaks havoc on your nose.
Is your nose all stuffed up or bloody?
Bill - was that a serious question?  Well anyway I dont think its really something that is important but for your info ive never had a bloody nose or anything like that.  Where did you get your info?  Maybe if youre curious you should try.  
At least I dont inject them into my arm like other addicts I know.  Oxycontins will give as intense a high as heroin and are just as addictive if you abuse them - and believe me, if you get the high that first time - you always have that urge to feel it again no matter how bad you want to rid yourself of it.
I would take your question seriously but the "hows your nose" thing kinda made me think different.  Im looking for some support here, not wiseguys.
I would really like to talk with you on this oxycontin subject
but I am a new computer student and don't know much about making contact with people on line.  I have some serious problems with oxycontin.  I need to talk to someone.  I cannot do that in this small town.  Is there a way we can communicate.  My address is Rose ***@****
i've been taking percocet, vicodin, oxcontin, morphine patches
for some time. i started taking percocet to get throught the day
because i had alot of severe back pain, several surgeries, and
several years later i'm still taking vicodin and percocet. i hate
what i've become i don't know how to feel anymore. i used to
work for a doctor who gave me all the medication i wanted, and
then deceided to be super doctor and stop. now my life is find
one doctor after another who will help. i really want to stop i
want to feel good without the medication. i just had cervical surgery
last tuesday jan 30th aqnd it hurts like hell, i have a surgeon
who only believes in darvocet for pain, as you can imagine i'm
going through my own private hell. please share your stories.
Chas,
I don't think that Bill was making a wisecrack. It's a good question. We know that snorting cocaine messes up your nose, so perhaps he's wondering if snorting oxycontin does the same thing.Good luck with your tapering, tapering never worked for me with the oxy's. I ended up going the in patient detox route. Keep posting, these people are incredibly supportive but also at times, curious too. I don't think he meant you any harm.

I'm wondering what oxycontins are and what the difference is between them and percocet.  I take percoset and I heard opiates are the hardest to get off of.  But earlier you were saying you couldn't get vic's (percoset), and I was wondering how powerful are oxy's if percoset is something that can be weaned off of more easily?  I am having a very difficult time tapering myself off of percoset.  I tapered myself somewhat like what steve did but now that I am down to my last 1/2 pill/day, I can't stop taking it every morning.  I get too scared or I dont want to or something along those lines, I haven't quite figured it out yet.  Sorry for the overabundance of questions, but I am also curious as to what vicodin and it's purpose is?

Thanks,
Tara
Chas,

To be honest I have snorted oxys and they tend to clog up my nose unlike cocaine. The high was stronger that chewing them but honestly I am suprised if your nose was not effected by snorting them.

I would never make fun or joke about addiction buddy!

Just looking to find some answers as I have been there as well.

Take care.
Hey Tara,  
Oxys come in 10,20,40,80 and 160mg tablets.  I usually get the 40mg or 80mg's.  I dont take them as they are supposed to (they have a time release coating which i remove) and compared to percocets and vicodin which are usually 5mg (hydrocodone) they are much stronger.  So i end up doing much more opiate wise when i do the oxy's.  For instance a 40mg oxycontin tablet would equal about 8 percs or vics.  When i have the percs or vics I never do that many in a day.  I usually will do about 3 or 4.  
If you are down to 1/2 of a percocet you are in great shape to compeletely kick the habit!  You will have some minor withdrawals but nothing that will be too bad at all.  Sounds like it will be more challenging mentally for you to quit all together.  My goal is to get where you are - but the problem is its harder for me to get the percs/vics than the oxys (I buy them off the street).  So if I had more I could taper down more successfully - but I end up running out and cant find more so I end up doing the oxys.
In general people who are prescribed painkillers are given oxys if the vicodin or percocet doesnt kill the pain without taking a large amount of them.
If you want to talk my aol screenname is battabinger.
we can chat.  Add me to your buddy list and IM me anytime!
is your screenname roseedgell? If it is i will add you to my list.  I am online (w/ AOL) usually after 6pm most everyday. (eastern time).
is your surgeon aware of your obvious tolerance for opiates? If you could work that into your medical history without revealing too much, he might be convinced to give you something stronger without branding you an addict. You could recount a single health incident where Darvocet was prescribed and either didn't work at all or try the following:

You could tell him that the Darvocet makes you sick to your stomach, dizzy and claustrophobic -- all commonly known adverse effects of this drug), which might convince him to give you, a least, some tylenol#3. (He sounds like a tight ass with the drugs -- you have my sympathy). I use a plain form of darvon to stave off withdrawal from my opiate dependence, but, as a pain killer, darvocet's a pretty poor choice. He must believe that your particular surgery shouldn't be causing much pain to only give you Darvocet for it. Good luck. Hope this helps.

To Web Girl,  If you have alot of intense, major pain then you obviously need the pain med.  You said you want to feel good without the meds but Give yourself a break,,,You just had surgery.  These Docs really irritate me. i wish they would understand that Pain medication was made to treat pain. I had a really horrible C-section.  The incision opened up and the pain was out of this world.  My doc was the Darvocet Man but I did convince him I needed something stronger  A few vicodin with no refills.  I was very sick for a few months. But, If these Docs were in the pain that we are in there is no doubt in my mind they would make sure they had something for themselves.   I agree with Tom,  talk to the Doc re: the adverse affects of Darvocet.  Hope you feel better soon.  Cindi
I too had a surgeon that only believed in darvocet or just plain Advil for pain.  When I was released from the hospital this is what he gave me.  I explained I was in too much pain, but he insisted this would work.  Two days after I was released, I was rushed to the hospital, I had been dealing with this pain thinking that it was normal and I guess it was too much and I passed out.  By the time I came to, I had been admitted into the hospital again and was filled with morphine. When the emergency room contacted my surgeon, he then prescribed percoset. After that I was able to get an unlimited amount of percoset without question - One extreme to the next, but we are the ones who have to deal with the consequences.  It shouldn't have to come to this when you are sincerely in need of pain meds.  I would think especially immediately after surgery.

Not really any point to my story, just bitching I guess.

Take Care,

Tara
Can you belive this Dr. Lilly???  Now I see why we have a real pain crisis in this country!
This Doctor is the reason you have to be literally bleeding to death or dead to receive adequate pain medicine.  Doctors are just afraid...Period!  Everytime I see the media exposing these situations, it worries me.  
annie
C'mon......did anybody see this tonight??? It was unbeliveable
I take Oxycontin 40mg 2-3 times a day for chronic pain, I was recently prescribed this medication and it has been AMAZING!  No more going to the ER for nasty Demerol injections 3 x week and taking tons of horribly unhealthy Vicodin and Tylenol!! It has literally changed my life, and my family is continuously commenting about how wonderful it is to have my pain under control.  Then my mom watched 20/20 tonight and called me up in a panic talking about how maybe I shouldnt be taking this medication and how this boy died, etc...Unfortunately, I didnt see the program, but it took me an hour to set my mother straight about the difference between DEPENDANCE and ADDICTION and the fact that taking Oxycontin and really any drug AS PRESCRIBED by a responsible pain specialist is OK, and that probably that boy that died CHEWED or cut the med or something (please no flames if I am wrong, just making an assumption as again I did not see the show). Damn 20/20...they are such alarmists.  And from what I heard that doctor was a JOKE...how can MDs stay in business running their practices in that manner?  Anyway, I did not get to see it but certainly HEARD about it...anyone else??
.....I agree w/ you.  I was somw p'od..at 20/20.  Why dont they do a story on some of the people on this forum.  Like me.  Lets here the other side for a change.  What about people committing suicide, because they cant handle the levels of pain they are experiencing.  What about doctors who are not ADEQUATELY treating people, because they are afraid of being sanctioned.  This is inhumane.  Dont get me wrong, this doctor was a joke, but they (20/20)cant wait to step up to the plate and run w/ this ****.  And as I said before, we will suffer for the wreckless actions of these few.  Good luck to you and I hope you are at peace w/ your life now.
i been using oc for 2 years I dont abuse them and the are the diference between returning to work or living on ss.i sometimes misss a dose so i am familiar with the feelings of withdrawal
i have cut back on the amount by 10 mg a day for 3 weeks and then dropped 10 again
stayed at that for 3 weks Gradual is the only way and stay in touch with your doctori am currently down from 120 to 90 withoutany major problems.Ive stopped where I am b ecause of the pain level.On my 3rd of major spinal surgury.slow and easy does it and undr Dr adviseif at 1st you dont succed try again
I read with interest the comments and questions in this forum on the problems of addiction and dependence resulting from commonly prescribed opiates.

I was suprised that many of the comments mistakenly referenced the ingredients of LORCET, VICODN and PERCODAN/PERCOSET and OXYCONTIN.  For instance, many writers did not know that Oxycontin and Percodan or Percocet share oxycodone as the opiate ingredient.  Hydrododone is the ingredient of the others.  

If you are using them or abusing them,  substituting one for the other then you should know the ingredients.  All are different and produce different effects both on the way up and down.

PEACE
FYI:

you might add that these details can be resolved for an rx drug at
www.rxlist.com
you don't need to be an MD to use the site either.
I enjoyed reading your post and had to chuckle.  Several months ago someone wanted to know whether Scotch or Sherry was better for her 80 year old alcoholic mother.  It got quite a response from not only the doctor here but many of us as well.

I believe it's good to have knowledge of what we use/abuse though.  The amounts that we use are probably more important than what we use.  Am I correct here?  Personally, I don't know that I would be able to distinguish whether I was on Hydro, Oxy or morhpine if I were given them in a blind test. They pretty much effect me the same in the end. I'm probably way wrong on this issue and welcome your input.  J.B.
For those of you out there that are addicted to Oxi's did you happen to catch the dateline episode on that?  I missed it but my husband is very addicted and it is very bad for the heart.  Has anyone had problems with their heart or right side pain?
To JB,

In response to your statement that you think its how much you take rather than what you take, I would disagree.  Oxycodone is MUCH more addictive than Hydrocodone or Codiene, and Morphine is orders of magnitude more addicting than Oxycodone.  By more addicting, I would suggest that the desire to acquire as well as ability to quit is what is most insidiously compounded in the more powerful opiates. Also, the time it takes your body to become chemically dependant is less. Yes, quantity matters, but it can be much more difficult to clean up from 10-20 daily mgs of Oxycodone than the same scaled dose of Hydrocodone, which is probably mg for mg, half the strength as Oxycodone(+-) for pain.

I appreciate your reply, but be careful in your estimation of these powerful chemicals.  Each is different, and the differences can be an unwelcomed suprise if you are hooked and decide to quit.

JS
I watched the episode on oxycontin on 20-20, I did not catch the one on Dateline, I did not see anything about it being bad for your heart on the 20-20 show, I would like to know exactly what you saw on Dateline that said it was very bad for your heart..I have had a heart attack,and if it was bad for your heart, I'm sure one of my doctors would have picked that up,(I'm hoping)
take care
I saw both stories about Oxy Contin and don't recall anything said about heart problems.  I suppose you would have a major heart problem if you OD'ed though!  I have to wonder about all these expose' shows, however.  They are meant to shock us and usually only tell part of the story(the bad part).  If Oxy was actually banned by the FDA,  something else would simply take it's place.  If all narcotics were banned for medicinal purposes in this country, countless criminals would be "created" overnight.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where all this BS is headed.  The point is that drugs, sex and rock'n'roll will always be here no matter what we do.  J.B.
I actually live in Portsmouth Ohio where Dr. Lilly "practiced" at. Yes he is a joke and the fact that he plea bargined down to what 3 years? is sickening to me. He was one of them doctors and they are in every town that you could go to and get anything you wanted and they need to try to do something to crack down on it!
I am a Medical Assitant student and up until 3 weeks ago had NEVER heard of Oxycotin's. There is a girl in my class that brags about doing them and the past few weeks at the Dr. office I draw blood at I have seen quite a few Oxy IV users come through on a rehab program. Its upsetting to me as a 23 yr old to draw a HIV test on someone younger than me who still has her track marks and sits there crying because she is embarssed and scared.
I just wish,to all that are trying to break an addiciton, all the luck in the world...all the will power you need...all the strength you want to get through this. I know it must be hard and scary and horrible to go through it.
*S*
Thanks for the information, JS.  Sometimes I speak from personal experience and can be quite wrong about things.  It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge about opiates.  Thankfully, I've only had problems with morphine, heroine and lately hydrocodone.  How does the method of administration figure in all this?  IV vs oral for instance.  My first experience with morphine was IV and it seemed like I was hooked instantly.  This was well before I ever tried marijuana or even liquor.  I've heard others say that they've had a similar reaction. I really looked forward to getting my shot every four hours!  J.B.
Dihydrocodeinone(Vicodin)and 14-Hydroxydihydrocodeinone(OXY!s)have very similar receptor specificity,although Vicodin binds less strongly to the opiate receptor sites.So you should find them almost interchangable,a higher dose of (Vicodin)will be required if you substitute.
Your method of administration("SNORTING") dramatically affects the Pharmacodynamics,meaning you will get more of a rush and get worse withdrawals and craving.
Start by using an oral administration method first and then go to a slow release form.(ie do not crush pills,if already slow release).
If you still find you crave the euphoria,then, well thats just human,they are addictive drugs,you know the consequences,when you are sick of the roller coaster ride and have dealt with any emotional underlying issues You WILL stop,good luck,have fun while it lasts.
Well alrighty then! lol
Yes, it was fun until the price had to be paid.  J.B.
I can tell we are of the same generation ...... :-)) Love, Brighty
You bet we are Brighty.  Getting older and trying to get a little smarter day by day.  Take care my friend,  J.B.
Pain Relief:
We provide the largest line of hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen products, including capsules, liquid and (a #) tablet strengths. Our oxycodone line(get the pun) includes oxycodone hcl and acetaminophen in both tablet and capsules form and M-Oxy
I recently found several pills on my floor. (M-oxy 5mg)I don't know if I should be concerned with a family member taking something that could be addictive.  There is no reason why they should be in the house.  I have been unable to find out what they are.  Can someone tell me what they are, or direct me to a place where I can get information, please?
Your comment that Oxycodone is much stronger and addictive than Hydrocodone and that morphine is more so than oxycodone is not supportable by any medical drug reference (APS, AHCPR, Goodman and Gillman)... I have looked it up and they rate Hydrocodone as equi-potent to Oxycodone and Morphine as the same or half as potent as either (this varies from one source to another.) My own personal experience is that Oxy and Hydro work about the same when I take the same amount of milligrams, maybe the oxy works a little better.  I am a back pain patient, that may make a difference, but I dont believe one is more addictive than the other and havent found any printed reference that supports that also, both have given me a rush on days when my pain isnt as bad or when I go up on the dose... I started with Vic, then Perc and now am on the long acting Oxys. One thing I dont get is that from time to time I try to stop to see if I still need the opioid and sometimes I have withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms and sometimes I dont.  Why wouldn't it be the same each time?  I worry sometimes because the pain drives me back to the drug.. I hate having to depend on these things to get through the day (and night).  My last surgery was supposed to take care of the pain (according to the ortho-surg I should have been able to stop taking the oxys after a few weeks post op) but now my dose is higher than ever... the surgeon thinks I have a drug problem and makes me fight him to get refills, like he cant believe the surgery didnt work (the surg was last Dec).  I made the mistake of telling him I like the long acting one better, now he is trying to get me to go back to the percs every 3-4 hours.. is that crazy or what, he actually referred to the 20/20 program about oxy being a bad choice for me... anyway, thanks for letting me spout for a bit... I dont feel comfortable talking about this with my friends or family (by the way, my mom went crazy when she saw the time magazine article on Oxycontin abuse, she said that drug is killing people!  Now I almost feel like I have to hide my taking this medicine or people will think I am abusing it.)
Results of abuse potential studies done on Humans:Rating potential ;1-10(10 being most Addictive Euphoriogenic.

Oral immediate release liquid form: 30mg

Oxycodone (8)
Hydromorphone (9+)
Morphine (5)
Heroin (6-)
Hydrocodone (4)
Codeine (1-)

IV studies: 10mg

Oxycodone (8.5+)
Heroin(3,6-Diacetylmorphine)  (9+)
Morphine (7)
Hydrocodone (7.5+)
Hydromorphone (10)
Codeine (0+)

NOTE 1.these studies are not demonstrative of Analgesic effects ONLY Euphoria and subsequent propensity to re-administer in the particular individuals selected in the actual doses used.
NOTE 2.the rating between oral and IV are relative(globally).
Summary;
Apparently Oxycodone gives a rush when taken oral,and morphine does not,IV morphine is not immediatley pleasant whereas IV Oxycodone is comparable to Heroin.
Hydromorphine gave a better rush than heroin
Codeine caused pain upon injection and little euphoria,whether IV or oral.
Just want to throw my 2 cents in. It is very difficult, if not impossible to find a caring, compassionate physician who has no problem prescribing the pain medication needed to improve the quality of ones life. Whether or not to take opioid pain medication due to fears of addiction or tolerance is purely a personal choice. I have had three surgeries on my right knee and have been a chronic pain sufferer for over 20 years. After my 3rd surgery in 1999, my surgeon told me there was nothing else he could do for me, and I should see a pain management person. This person told me I was on too high a dose of pain meds and needed to learn to live without them. I tried that and after suffering level 7 to 8 pain on a daily basis I decided that he was wrong. I finally found a caring pain specialist who reviewed my history and concurred there was not a "fix" for my knee. He prescribed many different opioid pain meds and did some prolotherapy injections into my knee. The pain was about the same and he asked me what I wanted him to give me for pain. I am now on 40mg of Oxycontin every 8 hours. What a difference! I have about a 75% reduction in pain, and as long as I only get my meds from him and are straight up with him about my useage, he has no problem giving me the meds I need to lead a normal life. I hope those of you that really need help are able to find a wonderful doctor also. Take care.
I too am amazed at how little doctors know about treating what they call Chronic Non Cancer Pain. Believe me, I had to jump through all of the stupid hoops with other doctors, and it was actually my Primary Care Doc who said I was being treated incorrectly by being given episodic pain medication, and he started me on Oxycontin the first time. He sent me to another Ortho doc, and he confirmed that short of a total knee replacement, there was nothing he could do. I was then referred to my current pain Doc. Once on the Oxycontin, I went through all of the same feelings I see posted here...fear of dependance, stigma of using opioids for pain relief, and I stopped using them the first time. My knee was so painful that I decided improving the quality of my life is the most important thing. Screw what other people think. They do not have my pain. It is important for me to be responsible with my prescriptions and not run out too soon. My pain doc has been great. He knows I am educated in these matters, and I told him I wanted to be actively involved in my treatment. That I need him as a consultant for my condition. He was cool with that, and that is why he asked me what I wanted him to prescribe for me. When I was taking too much Percodan or Vicodin, I leveled with him. You just need to hang in there. We all know inside, when we are misusing our prescriptions. Each of us chooses the action we will take. I found is was easier to be honest with him, rather than withdraw for a couple of days before my refill. I had 4 Oxy 20's left when I went to see him Tuesday, and that was more than he expected. I got my refill with no problem. The appointment took like 15 minutes. I see him again in three weeks, and he will refill me again. Its up to me to be prudent with my scripts. Pain meds and doctors, and the way we are treated is one of the most blatant injustices I have ever been subject to. I too have a son (2) and another baby on the way. I am glad I am able to function semi-pain free.
correction above......from here to hear.  Excuse my errors..It's after midnight and I'm typing franticly in the dark.  lol
It always amazes me when I here a story like yours.  I have suffered for years.  Doctors in my local are pulling out of the pain field due to addiction.  I was only given 5/500 mg of pain meds after a very painful surgury.  I am currently working w/ someone via the internet to find someone to treat my pain.  I am still young and want some quality to my life.  I have two very active boys.
I was watching Politicaly Incorrect tonight, and they said doctors who prescribe oxy..were being sent on extravagant vacations by the manufacturers.  I don't believe that...at least not where I live.  They fear the DEA.  What gets me is..the host on this show is pro-legalization of street drugs, but nocks compassionate pain doctors who treat people such as yourself.  Go figure.  A guy just killed himself, because he was being undertreated for cancer...IN my state.  He just didn't have the strength to battle the pain.  What screwd up ideals I tell ya.

Annie
You are one of the fortunate few,Oxy works for you,so you take Oxy`s(its so logical )I am glad you found an intelligent Doctor,its rare these days.lets hope annie has better luck in future.although,God works in mysterious ways and may be trying to avoid addiction in this case.I have had severe pain,been denied pain relief and recovered after a couple of weeks and was now thanking the doctor I had cursed,because I LOVE Opioid High and avoiding it is like out of sight out of mind.....
But as for CHRONIC pain goes ,my advice is give them what they want in the dose they want.Otherwise at least give them a bottle of NEMBUTAL so they kill themselves in dignity.
You are sooo right on target.  My pain has made me very strong.  I'm AM VERY THANKFUL in retrospect, although it doesn't seem like I am.........in the present.  My pain will progress...over time due to the degenerative arthritis.  So it is a good, that I wasn't given medication earlier, because of the tolerance build up factor.  I still stand by my point of view though... Some people may not handle pain the way I do.  Ex.  My first Ortho would call everyone in the ofc, into my room and tell me to walk.  He said, "look..she barely limps, Is this a miracle or what?"  He also told me I was his most severly injured patient, and the most strongest, and living life to the best of my ability.  Most of his patients complain, withdraw from life,  and have less injuries than I do.  

Taking all into consideration......I do grow very weary at times.  I am not getting any younger, and do feel the effects more now than ever.  I am only human.  I want to be able to run, and push my 4 year old down the street on his bike, and just be able to sit indian style.....lol......Seems silly, but these are all things we take for granted.  

I had to laugh at my husband.....He came in from doing some yard work... whining about a splinter in his finger...He went on and on, about the pain, and worried that it would get infected.....lol  I just laughed.  He said what's wrong w/ you??? I said, "I know how you feel...I just had 30 splinters (the staples) removed from my leg. lol ha ha..........

It's always nice to hear from you, Spook!
Annie
Ps......What was the nature of your injuries, you spoke about in your post.  You may have mentioned it before, but I seem to recall that you don't talk much about it.  I'd like to hear ....(:
My injuries were emotional and spiritual,some underestimate them when compared to Physical Pain,I was degraded to the point of suicide by cruel selfish people without a soul(I was scorned by my city peer group as being ugly and this was confirmed by my sexual failures),I found myself in a world of atheistic materialists,I looked upon the world and all its problems and realized I could help.
I was taken from all of my kind friends at the age of 13 and shifted to the city from the country(this is where the above occured).My parents Divorced at the same time.The city had no soul,everybody was either stressed or selfishly happy,in essence they had all gone mad.But this was normality in the city,cruelty,selfishness,Egocentrism,materialism,I did not fit in,so I started to change my world,` our world `,at first I was ridiculed,but then people started coming back for spiritual enlightenment,they realized I want nothing more than them to be happy and to deprogram them from years of brainwashing.
My mother does not have normal emotions and gets angry if approached with the emotional problems of her children.
I was always on my own even in a room full of friends.
Eventually God offered me his hand.
I have panick disorder and Hepatitis C,with Psychomotor Depression,all probably drug abuse induced.
I have not had a relationship with a female for over 20 years.
Although,I have been used for sex,for months on end.geesh!
I am 37.
I am very happy.
I am a mystery only to be solved,by understanding yourself.
I can be your worst nightmare or your sweetest dream.
If you mean the Physical injuries,it was a moderate lower back pain from bruised spinal root nerve,resulting in severe sciatic pain referring down my leg along with brocken toe,accompanied by "severe" sunburn.
Of course this has happened twice or so,and I have had a brocken a colar bone from a car accident.
On only one occassion was I prescribed pain killers,Morphine 30mg x3 per day,I got stuck on them for 6 months,my doctor was very understanding and took care of my needs/Desires and eventually,it was either Methadone or taper off ,so I got off the Morphine,easy.Because Methadone is EVIL.
....I can only imagine what you have went through.  Psychological or physical.......nevertheless....Pain is pain.  You know great people have come out of experiences like yours.  Do you know I used to envy the most popular people in school, and tried to be like them. Only to find out, they were superficial, and knew nothing about the real world.  They are mostly failures in life now.  I also read somewhere that children who gain popularity in school or in life at a very young age have coping problems when they get out into the real world.  There are people who seemed like misfits or outcasts....and most of them are very successful today.
When people do cruel things to others, its usually to build some deficiency w/in themselves.  You know what I say when someone does something hateful or cruel to me>>> "The angels are rejoicing in heaven." woe unto them.  Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.  I believe, although we may never see it...these sort of people will get what they deserve.  You truly possess a gift they only could wish for.  You definately capture an audience,and this is good.  I could go on and on ....and I will in other postings.....lol  You truly are a fellow sufferer...Chin up..mate!  We will take the horrible and turn it into something good.  We are strong, and will lead the way.  Wear the scars as badges of survival.  I have many.  (:

Your friend,

Annie

Ps...How long have you had hep c???  How have you survived?? Could it be God's will?? (:  Thank you for sharing your bio...it will help many, I'm sure.
One of my many problems involves the knee.  I had arthroscopic knee surgury last year.  He removed degenerative arthritis, repaired 2 torn ligaments, and removed a bone spur...This was all the result of the mva 8 yrs. ago.  Talk about tolerance for pain.  I kept telling these doc's..."hey I can't walk...something is wrong w/ my knee!"  They just told me to take naprosyn are some anti-inflamatory...Then I found my present Ortho....He didn't waste any time...Set me up for surg. and corrected the problems.  It's a shame he isn't comfortable w/ the pain meds though.  Anyway, this will only buy me a few yrs...then eventually I will probably need a knee replacement.  Then I am a candidate for total hip arthroplasty...but not till I'm in my 50's.  Just in my early 30s now.  I said all that to say this....Like Tom w/ the Bup, I am searching for a comp. pain spec., and hope that laws will change for chronic pain sufferers.  THis Pain Patient Bill of Rights doesn't hold much water where I live (south).  I just recently discovered that Pain Specialists are pulling out of the field...due to addiction.  Now, my PCP was prescribing Vic es 7.5s, to hold me over till my surgury to remove the steal implant in the leg.  Now that was done 2 weeks ago.  My meds (Lortab 5s) are going to run out and I'll be in limbo.  Did I mention that I probably have siatic (sciatic) (sp?) nerve damage also...this is worse since the recent surg. I had.  I guess I can go back to my PCP again, and be subjected to stares and whispers....I do have someone via the internet looking for a pain spec. for me.  

Gee......Look what I've gone and done.. ARE YOU STILL AWAKE!???
I just went on and on ......I guess I'm in the venting stage of recovery now...lol  I hope I haven't bored you to death.
One quest.????  Why won't you have the knee surgury???  I'd like to know.  If you don't mind me asking???,,,, do you live N S E or West???  Have you heard about the gov't taking Oxy's off the market???? Is your Doc still giving them to you???........OK well I had more than one question.

Thanks,
Annie
Anyone interested in finding out what is going on w/ the manuafacturers in regards to Oxycontin....Go to:
Purduepharma.com
**Click on:  News and what's new
*Frequently asked questions about illegal abuse and diversion of Oxycontin tablets.

Annie
It is easy to blame the Doctors for everything but if you were routinely and regularly lied to by addicts, you would become hardened too. I am a recovering addict and I put my Dr. ( a very good, helpful and trusting man) through the ringer with my ******** when I was using.
As well, as a nurse, often it is very difficult to separate the authentic chronic pain folks from the drug seekers.
So if you are addicted (and you know it deep down in your gut) stop blaming other people for your problems and get help...........cause there is tons of it out there. Good luck.
I WANT TO ASK EVRYONE WHAT THEIR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE IN MY CASE.
I'M SURE EVERYONE WHO HAS TRUE LIGITIMATE MEDICAL REASONS FOR USING ANY KIND OF STRONG ADDICTIVE PAIN MEDICATION WILL GET THE SAME LABEL: ADDICTION OR ADDICT.

HOW DO YOU ALL FEEL ABOUT SOMEONE WHO HAS THE FOLLOWING , THIS IS ALL CONFIRMED, I'VE LIVED WITH IT FOR A  LIFETIME AND HAVE SLOWLY GONE UP THE PAIN MEDICATION LIST. I HAVE STILL NEVER TRIED OR USED THE OXI'S OR BEYOND. THEY HAVE BEEN OFFERED TO ME BUT I REFUSED. I SIMPLY CANNOT IMAGIN A HELL WORSE THAN WHAT I ALREADY GO THROUGH WITH JUST THE LORTABS WHICH I HAVE BEEN ON FOR YEARS AND THEY REALLY DON'T HELP MUCH ANYMORE ANYWAY. BY THE WAY MY DOSEAGE IS TWO EVERY EIGHT.
I HAVE A RARE, AND VERY LIFE THREATENING GENETIC DISEASE CALLED HEREDITARY HEMORRHAGEIC TELANGEICTASIA, HHT. I HAVE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATIONS, AVM THROUGHOUT MY BODY AND VITAL ORGANS. IN LAYMAN'S TERMS THEY ARE LIKE ANURISMS, ONLY THESE HAVE FAR MORE COMPLICATIONS AND RISKS, YOU ARE WELCOME TO LOOK IT UP, JUST GOOGLE SEARCH THE NAME.
I CANNOT HAVE MANY MEDICATIONS INCLUDING A MERE MOTRIN OR ASPIRIN, I CANNOT DRINK ALCOLHOL, NOT EVEN ON LITTEL GLASS OF WINE, THESE ARE ALL BLOOD THINNERS.
HAVE MULTIPLE RISKS INCLUDDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RUPTURE, LEAKAGE OR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL BLEEDING, SHUNTIN OF EMBOLI, IMPURITIES IN THE BLOOD THAT PEOPLE WITHOUT HHT CAN DO NORMALLY, WE CANNOT, THIS STUFF TRAVELS THROUGH OUR BODIES AND EVENTUALLY INTO OUR BRAIN WHICH CAUSES CONSTANT T.I.A. ATTACKS AND MINI STROKES. THEY HAVE THE SYMPTOMS OF THE MOST SEVERE THUNDER CLAP BASILAR, (LOOK THAT UP TOO), MIGRAINES BUT THERE IS ACTUALLY REAL DAMAGE BEING DONE TO THE BRAIN WHICH OVER THE YEARS SHOWS UP AS AN ALZIEMBER'S LIKE DISEASE. WE ARE CONSTANTLY AT RISK OF TRUE FULL BLOWN MASSIVE STROKE AND BRAIN ABSCESS.
I HAVE AVMS IN MY LUNGS, SEVEN OF THEM. FIVE WERE EMBOLIZED WHICH CAUSED ME TO HAVE A MASSIVE PULMONARY INFARCTION AND COST ME A LARGE AMOUNT OF LUNG USEAGE. I NOW HAVE ADDITIONAL AVMS IN MY OTHER LUNG WHICH ARE INOPERABLE. I ALSO HAVE AN AVM IN MY BRAIN STEM ALSO INOPERABLE. I HAVE THEM IN MY G.I. TRACK, ALL OVER MY FACE, HANDS, AND MUCOSAL MEMBRANES, (NOSE). AVM'S CAN RUPTURE AND BLEED UNDER SLIGHT TRUAMA AND SPONTANIOUSLY AS WELL.
IN ADDITION TO ALL THAT AFTER BEING THROWN HEAD FIRST INTO A WINDSHEILD AND SHATTERING IT IN A CAR ACCIDENT, I HAVE SIX, YES SIX, NOT ONE, NOT TUE, ETC, BULGING AND HERNIATED DISKS. THREE ARE AT THE VERY TOP OF MY NECK AND THREE AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY BACK.
DUE TO THE HHT I AM NOT A CANIDATE FOR ANY KIND OF SURGERY LET ALONE BACK/NECK SURGERY AND I CANNOT EVEN HAVE THE CORTIZONE INJECTIONS.
I ALSO SUFFER FROM ULCERATIVE COLITIS OR INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE, WHICH I HAVE ALSO HAD ALL MY LIFE. FINALLY IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS I HAVE GONE ON TO DEVELOPE VERY PAINFUL AND STIFF ARTHRITIS THROUGHOUT EVERY JOINT IN MY BODY. MY JOINTS ARE VERY LARGE, THEY LOCK AND OR BUCKLE.
IN OTHERWORDS I AM A "PALLIATIVE CARE PATIENT". WHICH MEANS DOCTORS HAVE DONE ALL THEY CAN FOR ME AND THE BEST HOPE IS TO SIMPLY KEEP ME COMFORTABLE AND ABLE TO FUNCTION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.

NOW I ASK YOU DOES SOMEONE LIKE MYSELF WITH MULTIPLE SERIOUS AND LIFE THREATENING DISEASES, IN MY CASE EVENTUALLY TERMINAL BECAUSE HHT IS AGE PROGRESSIVE AND OUR AVERAGE LIFE EXPECTANCY IS THAT OF ABOUT 50, I AM 42, QUALIFY AS AN ADDICT OR DRUG ABUSER?

PEOPLE I FOR ONE AM VERY MUCH AGAINST DRUG ABUSE AND ADDICTION IT IS KILLING PEOPLE AND PEOPLE ARE KILLING EACH OTHER, CHILDREN INCLUDED, THAT'S A GIVEN. WE HAVE TO DO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO CONTROL THIS.

BUT WHAT IS HAPPENING IS THAT BECAUSE OF THE ABUSERS AND THE MEDIA THOSE OF US THAT ARE TRUELY LIGITIMATELY SICK, WHO ARE SUFFERING TREMENDOUSLY AND HAVE NO OTHER MEDICAL OPTIONS AVAILABLE, THIS IS MAKING IT SO THAT DOCTOR'S ARE SCARED TO DEATH TO EVEN HELP THOSE OF US WHO GENUINLY NEED THE HELP.

AS I SAID I HAVE PROLONGED GOING UP THE MEDICATION LADDER FOR MANY YEARS, AND UNTIL I AM ON MY DEATH BED WILL CONTINUE TO REFUSE THE OXY'S AND BEYOND. BUT HEY, I NEED TO BE ABLE TO TAKE SOMETHING, I NEED TO BE ABLE TO FUNCTION SOMEWHAT, I STILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO MOVE AROUND AND TRY TO LIVE AN OTHERWISE AS NEAR NORMAL A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AS POSSIBLE.
OTHERWISE I WOULD CURL UP AND ONE BODY FUNCTION AFTER ANOTHER WILL BEGIN TO FAIL. GOT ME?

PEOPLE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT HERE THAT ARE TRUELY SUFFERING, THINK ABOUT US WHEN YOU ABUSE DRUGS. YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR AND CAN DO IT, BESIDES YOUR MAKING IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR EVEN US, THE PEOPLE WHO DO HAVE LIGITIMATE MEDICAL PROBLEMS THAT ABSOLUTELY DO WARRENT THE USE OF THOSE MEDS AS THEY WERE INTENDED FOR. YOUR MAKING DOCTORS AFFRAID TO TREAT US BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING IN SO MUCH TROUBLE FOR WHAT YOU ABUSERS DO, AND OF COARSE THE MEDIA. THEY GO ON AN ON ABOUT STOPPING THIS EPPIDEMIC BUT THEY NEVER TALK ABOUT THOSE OF US THAT ARE IN TRUE NEED AND BEING HARMED BY WHAT THEY ARE ALSO DOING.