Oxycontin withdrawal
My husband is withdrawing from Oxycontin. He is on his 17th day. He went through the typical withdrawal symptoms the first week and is getting better everyday. However, he has these vomiting spells. Sometimes it's only once, other times, like last night, he goes on all night long. Is this normal withdrawal? He does have an extra sensitive stomach (perhaps from doing so many drugs) and vomiting isn't out of the ordinary for him. But I am concerned that maybe there is something more seriously wrong. Any feedback is welcome.

Also, I have been reading the posts about Oxy withdrawal and want to put in a few words. My husband has detoxed several times from various drugs. This last time it was oxy and it has been the hardest for him physically. The thing that is keeping him going, besides NA meetings and tremendous support from me, is EXERCISE. It has been mentioned in posts previously and I want to reinforce the idea that this can help so much! He can't wait to get home from work so that he can take a run or a bike ride and forget about his cravings and focus on something healthy and uplifting. He is feeling better about himself and has alot of hope for the future. So, anyone going through recovery, Excercise helps!
Hey Jess. Welcome to the forum. You will get so much support and advice. You should start a new post that is dedicated to you. You posted to an older post and they tend to get overlooked. At the top of the page you will see a green box that says "ask a question". Click on that. It will bring up a new page where you can post your question. You can copy and past your previous post if you want.
Could you get your boyfriend to come on here for support? Let him know this is a place of fellow addicts and he will not be judged. Most here have been in his shoes. He will get some much support. There are some wonderful people here that will bend over backwards to help him through.
Best of luck to you and your boyfriend!
Brian
Its been 16 days since i stoped taking 120 Mlgrams a day Oxys for 4 yrs, Never felt so bad in my life even now really sore. If any body could help me with something thet will Help I have no modavation to do anything.
april 17,10. finally, decided after 7painful years,1wk off  OCs.   My big problem, major depression. All the while the physical pain i deal with from a broken neck, the reality of my fate crippled and having to except it. all the withdrawals are present an apparent from what ive read. there is one upside i have felt the natural sensation to take a healthy ****! How long will i be deprived of the wonderful world of dopamine. I sure could use the energy and laugh.ha ha!      
Unfortunately many people have those dark days. I am ur same age and have been addicted to heroin and Oxys for over a decade with many detoxs but it's possible to do when u put ur mind to it and you REALLY WANT to get off - that's the key. If ur not ready it won't work
I do the same thing, its more of a dry heave than tossing it all but still can happen in the morning. I have been off for 6 months now, and still get the dry heaves at least 5 spells per day, and my energy never returned. I think a study will come out soon that shows ppl like us will never be able to function like a normal person again. I think the part of the brain that is supposed to turn back on is broken forever. I am considering to moving to a country that opiates are legal in just so I can live the rest of my life in piece.  The united states has banned most of use who still need them and force us to come off. I was on two 80 mg ocycontin per day along with 6 roxycodone per day along with 8 ultram per day every day for about 10 years not including my percosect days. Talk about wanting to kill yourself.... If I did not have a wife who died and was left with a 2 year old son to try my *** off to feed and change his diapers I would have already offed myself. No one should have to go through withdraws this long. Its a bunch of bullshitttt.
Hello my boyfriend has been taking oxys for a while now, it started off with just a perk but now it has moved up to 20mg of oxy a day he just recently(2weeks ago) has been only doing it on the weekend, because I told he needs to slow down, he is fine during the week still has a couple of the symptoms (puking cant sleep etc) But other then that hes ok. Does this mean hes addicted? Now that he is only doing it on the weekends will it be easier for him to just stop doing it all together? Thanks!
I've been on oxycotin 40mg now for 5+ years, I am having no problems with functioning day to day, at my job and other parts of life, with the use this use of this drug, it calms my back pain, if it wasn't for this drug, I would be in pain daily and could not function.

I haven't increased my dose, since about 6 months into using the drug. It just wasn't doing the trick, so I went from 20 to 40 mg, and haven't looked back, my pain is manageable, and though if I go past the time (12 hours) of my next dose, I do go through withdraw symptoms, I've never had the need to take more than my prescribed dose, with the exception of over the counter, like Advil, maybe 200-400mg, daily or when needed for break  through.

I think anyone that has an addictive compulsive nature, it going to be addicted and maybe abuse this drug, like alcohol or any other drug. I think users need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming the drug, the drug is not the problem, it's the users abuse. Just my opinion.
my huband has been on oxy off n on for 4yrs. and it getting harder and harder every time.he gor through the detoxe for one day but then say that he can handle it. ive been a supportive wife but , now im calling out for help cause we are  on our fourth kids and times are getting hard . if there anyone out there that can help me some how, i would really be thankful. um just to let u know that he i up to 3 of the 80s from what i know and he uses a point. some body please help
Mirivail---This is a really old post, you should start a new thread by clicking on "Back to the Forum" and once you are there then click on "Post a question" There are many people here that can give you the help you need. Since this post is so old people may not resond to it. I will be looking for your new post and try to give you some answers.
I have been addicted to oxy for 12 yrs I was taking between 800-1600 mg 2-3 times daily when I was low or out I subed fent patches(chew) vickys dems and of course percs. Im on day 6 being off & just got home from detox but dont feel much better the only thing gone from the w/d symptoms seems to be the Linda Blair effect how long before I %$#@%&^ sleep again TRAZADONE SUX the clonadine helps with some of the jerking but has anyone here been on this long @ these doses or higher? When is it over?
Just so you know this is a really old thread.  If you repost the question as a new post you'll get more answers.

To answer your question most of the physical symptoms usually go away completely by the end of two weeks.  I'm not familiar with Trazadon so I don't know how that affects things.  I guess since you were a long time high dosage user you'll be one of the people who's symptoms last closer to the whole two weeks but most people feel a lot better by days 7-8-9 etc.
Sleep seems to be the last thing that returns to normal.
I am 18 years old and i have been addicted to hydros, oxycodine and oxycontin for 3 years, i have been taking them everyday and everyday, 8 oxycodones 30mgs,14 hydrocodone, and 8 oxycontins.The problem is that i dont get them prescribed to me its from my mom and my life is ruined i cant hang out with friends i cant tell my mom i am stuck in my house for 3 years with no job and had to drop out of school,but currently i am trying to get off and i was wondering if klonopin (clonazepam) would help with the chills and body aches would someone please answer back
Hello and Welcome,

To answer your question Klonopin can help. But NOT with body aches and chills. Klonopin alone wont do the trick and can be VERY dangerous. DONT take it without talking to a DR. Why can t you talk to your mom? Mothers can be very understanding in situations like this. This site can be very helpful, and if you stick around we WILL help you get through this. Have you ever tried to stop before? How long did you make it? Your life is NOT ruined. Its just starting. There is an out to this, but YOU have to be willing to do the work. As hopeless as it may seem..there is a light at the end of the tunnel.Keep posting and PLEASE DONT take the Klonopin. Let us try to help you first.
Oh yeah, You should post a new question and start your own thread as it will be easier to keep up with you. This is an old thread and could get confusing. Go to the top of this page and click the green "post a question " and you will get alot more responses. Good luck man and hang in there.
I'm 25 and have been addicted to oxy's since I was 17 and I'm currently try to get off them again for the 100th time with withdrawls n all. The last 8 years of my life have been hell, hurting myself and anyone that gets close to me. I will never be able to get those years back and so so wish I could. I have been to multiple treatment centers and have relapsed multiple times. The advice i can give to you is quit right now, your only 18. Yes withdrawls suck im in them right now but let it be a reminder of something you never want to experince again. You can do it just believe in your self. I hope i can overcome this obstacle once in forall. but in regards to your question about klonopin they do give you that in treatment and it does help some people all it did to me was drop my blood pressure and made me feel worse, but alot of stuff doesnt work for me. So good luck and becareful what you take.
I started off taking hydrocodone when prescribed for my wisdom teeth getting pulled, and I remember being in high school and doing random drugs recreationally and decided that I like the feeling. They were 10 mg hydrocodones. After taking about 30-50mg of hydrocodone at a time to get high, I was introduced to roxy, 30mgs. The first time I took it I loved the way it made me feel. I had never went back to hydrocodone, except when I broke my foot. I took about 60-160mgs a day of roxys, but because I took them only every other day, or every few days, when I stopped I didn't go through hardly any withdrawals, even after over a year of this. Then I went off to college and started doing them every day around 3-7 30mg roxys a day, and after about a year I've decided that I don't want to live this way anymore... My girlfriend has no idea I take them, and I've done awful, unforgiveable things to get money for the pills, and I want to turn my life around. I've hurt my family, and they no longer trust me anymore. I've stolen money from every member of my family, and I feel like I can never been seen the way that I used to to them, and that's why I never quit, because I felt like I might as well feel good. My parents don't know exactly what i've been taking, but I'm sure they have an idea. I just want to be an honest person again, and not hide behind the high of opiates, I don't want to hurt loved ones anymore and I want to be looked at as a good person. It's been a week since i've done ant opiates, and the worst part of the withdrawals ended by about the 4th or 5th day, and I can now at least sleep, and work without wanting to kill myself. I don't want to step on anyones beliefs, but i feel that one day God can use my experience to help others out of there as well. I don't want to feel like this again, nor would I want anyone to feel this way. I just keep looking forward to the day that I wake up feeling good again, without using any drug. I want this more than anything, and I've only used roxys recreationally for a long time, and I don't think the high is worth losing your life for. I'm also looking forward to getting a paycheck and not instinctively calculating it into how many pills i can get with it, but actually being able to pay my bills without working overtime with my dad or begging other servers for their shifts. I'm getting ready to go to bed with a slight feeling of crawling skin and muscle and headaches, but not enough to keep me awake any longer, and I'm praying to God that I will wake up feeling much better.
ive been abusing oxys, roxis, perks, vikes, i quit 13 days ago using a suboxin treatment and with the subs. i felt decent still sweat and didnt sleep much but the worst parts didnt happen. this is my 2nd time quiting this year. the last time i went cold turkey and it was the hardest thing ive ever done in my life this time it wasnt. any way my question is since it has been 13 days i dont know why i still cant sleep. i am napping not sleeping. mind is racing constantly but cannot seem to feel Good? feel depressed lazy and angry. any suggestions?
i have been on roxy 30's 3 times a day for over 3 years. they are art the point where it doesn't help much. with the cdhange in the weather i have taken 4-5 a day for a week now . and now i am out for the next 5 days. i  want to die!!! on top of the oxy i take trazadone, re3stiril, ultran, lamictal, robaxin and a few others i cant rember. i am bi-polar which doesnt help. i hurt from head to toe i can't cough without messing my pants. i have never felt this bad in my life. any help would be great !!!
I'm not sure how long its been since you posted but any one reading this, suboxone is absolutley amazing I took vicodin,perx,norco all from the doc then needed more n more then after 4 yrs and 3-4 grand a month spent on a habbit it was fed up. Now my mistake was getting the suboxone on the street then taking too much bcuz I was not mentally prepared, so when I ran out I freaked out even though it had been over a month, then I was hospitalized and they put me on painkillers thru my iv, and as anyone knows the LAST thing any one wants to do is get sick I would rather DIE than get sick again, mentally emotionally and financially I became sick of it once again but this time after 6months our local methadone clinic began offering treatment for suboxone, as I would advise anyone to NEVER try methadone its worse than anything and u don't detox, its only about 350$ to start the treatment and that covers 3 visits and the script either film or pill, you don't get sick you don't withdrawl at all you can even break the pills into 6 pieces, I have a HIGH tollerance and was able to make my first 3pills last five days, most suboxone programs are not cheap but then again neither is buying pills by any means! Suboxone saved my life litterally I went from suicide and broke to just so much better in 48hrs, if you look on the suboxone website it will locate a doc for you as. Well as the toll free number they provide 24 hr assistance, I hope this helped someone somewhere, I didn't have help bcuz no one knew I was even that messed up and it hurt
I believe anyone can become addited to anything.  I had back surgery and I was taking oxy I also have aniexy so I take xanax deadly combination if not done right.  This is what my doctor who I trust with my life.  He said if your body is in pain and you take the medicine during your time of pain coming off of it you will not have with drawls.  In my case and 4 months later I came of the Oxy 40mg and onto Norco 10 80mg a day 8 months later I am on norco 10 only 30mg a day we are trying to get down slow but I DID NOT HAVE WITHDRAWLS FROM THE OXY.  My body needed it and when the need was gone my body reacted to that and I thank God for that everyday.  I have lost relatives to this drug and had many fears taking it at all.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

that1gal
I want you to  know that taking Trazadone to take the edge off is not a very good idea...as I went through a Trazadone withdrawl and that IS NOT FUN either...gl with that one!!
I stopped the opiates in January and have lost muscle along w/ motivation to do anything other than, try to get much lost sleep.Im sneezing and yawning and, have had a good belly laugh w/ my sis. I have 0 energy. I wonder if I will ever get the stuff I need to having a decent life of fishing and camping biking,etc.. I am 50yrs and been on the sh t for over 12yrs. any one been here and over that?? know where Im coming from?
I hope this can strenghthen people on here. I have been on percs, oxy for about 7 years (legally) and am now on day 3 of my last oxy. The first day was tough, the hot, hot skin, sweating, achy.....day 2 little less than day 1 and today, just a little stomach thing going on but nothing Amodium can't take care of. I actually went to IHOP this morning and pigged out, and have been eating fine all day. I don't know if it is because the last year or so, I would finish my month supply of oxy 2 weeks early and then take Suboxone for the next 2 weeks until I got a refill. Whatever the case, This was not bad at all. I hope I am not jinxing myself and wake up tomorrow in pure hell but I was pleasantly surprised with if you keep your mind strong, you can definitely do it cold turkey. Suboxone worked awesome but that is 100 times tougher to withdraw from STAY AWAY from Suboxone. It is an opiate also. I have never posted on one of these but I am seeing too many horror stories that actually scared me from quitting, so I just wanted everyone to know, it is not bad at all. Just tell yourself you have the flu and by day 3, you will feel better. I actually had sex with my wife twice today. It has been months since I even wanted to because of this HORRIBLE drug.!!!
A little more about me, I am 4o year old male, and like I said, been on percs and oxy's for about 7 years. And I have been prescribed all this crap legally because of three torn discs in my back. I did the snorting (before they made the oxy a jell pill) then just chewed them and snorted the percs. So I was getting them legally, but still not using them like I should have been.
Bottom line, YOU CAN DO IT CT!!!! Its the only way. Like I said, a couple of days kinda rough (but very managable) and day three, you will be going to IHOP and pigging out. I am sure if I bought them off the street and spent my life savings on them, I would probably have te depression that comes with it , but since I got them from a doctor, I don't feel bad about that. Who knows....Just be strong!!!
I am hoping this will bring out some more success stories about the WD not being bad at all. I was just reading some of these posts where people had to check into the ER after 4 or 5 days, ITS ALL IN HOW STRONG YOUR MIND IS.
I guess it is true, everyone is different but for someone that has been on them for 7 years, I was really expecting it to be a whole lot worse by reading these horror stories.
Like I said, everyone handles it differantly so I just wanted to share my SUCCESS story. DAY 3 and feeling good.....
Good luck everyone and be strong !!!!
ok i just want to say one thing to everyone dont switch taking painkillers for another drug like clonidine or xanax or anything like that because every single drug is addicting and for nausua dont take anything but something to coat ur stmach not another drug because if u take drugs to come off drugs what the hell is the point! good luck everyone
I'm on day 4, still feelin pretty weak, but i'm confident i'm kickin it cold turkey.Thanks 4 everybody who put some good advice on the table. I found some comfort in alot of these stories goin back 10 yrs now. Everyone stay strong, seriously.... i'd rather have my life takin away by a gun, then takin away by these f#ckin pills. wish me luck.Thanks again to those who added their input, to help stregthn' all of us goin thru this mess.
YOU CAN DO IT!
After 4 months of doing 2 20s per day for the knee replacement, I realized I was at the end of the prescription supply, and needed to act before they were gone and I was stuck. I decided on Thursday morning not to take the pill. I made it through Thursday and Thurs. night feeling anxious.
Friday was not fun. I started getting the sweats and the chills, would get hot and then cold all day long. I fell asleep on the floor watching TV Friday night. When I awoke, I felt like a truck had run me over. I was hurting and chilling and hot and cold all at once. But I wanted OFF these damned pills. I set the pills, 21 of them, next to my bed, and thought, "If I want off them bad enough, I just won't take them!"
It was one of the hardest things I ever did, but I didn't take anymore. On saturday night, I flushed the 21 remaining OxyContin, and 60 OxyCodone "breakout" pills down the toilet.
It's 2 weeks later. I feel nearly back to my old self. I do have some mood swings, and hints of the chills now and then, but nothing I can't handle.

You have to hate these pills, and get it in your head that you can beat them. They are the Devil's poison. When I see my doctor on 7-26-11, I plan to cuss the ****** out for 2 hours for not warning me about these hideous friggin' things. I had NO idea what I was in for.

Good luck. Love yourself more than the buzz, and you'll be ok.
SERIUOSLY EVERYONE with (the problem) sickness! Keep reading these things, they help! I'm hooked,i will take any opiate (just like you !) to avoid withdraws.Here it is again ! lets get our a##*# off this ride and stay off.Don't take chances if you have high b.p. see your doc,or go to the E.R.Don't take any benzos if you dont know what their like,you could die.From all my reading on these site postings that go back for years,tapering off could be the answer.Could someone/everyone that tapering worked for please let the rest of us know how your doing.God bless whoever started this site (really!) your underpaid.Just by reading these at least I know (wow) were not alone.There is lots of advice from those like me who knows what it's like.Please keep reading and do the right thing.This is a HUGH monster that will gobble us all up if we let it.I often ask/tell myself this is not worth it.Respect the MONSTER don't feed it.Listen,if you find the way,please let us know how so maybe it will work for someone elese too! Be STRONG !
So, alot of you have similar problems of widthdrawing from oxy's some on low doses most on high.  I can tell you that it does get easier each time you do it.  The first time (if you've taken them for a good 6 months or more) is really hard.  I suggest taking clonidine to help with a few symptoms (From wikipedia) "Clonidine is regularly prescribed to help alleviate opiate withdrawal symptoms. It is mainly used to combat the sympathetic nervous system response to opiate withdrawal, namely tachycardia and hypertension, in the initial days of withdrawals.[7] It helps take away the sweating, hot/cold flushes, and general restlessness. The sedation effect is also useful although its side effects can include insomnia, thus exacerbating an already common feature of opiate withdrawal."  The only downside I've found with this is that it can make you really tired when you're in so much physical pain that you just can't sleep.  But it really depends on how bad off you are but it will help you regardless.  Fight the sleepiness with caffeine if you have to.  If you have back pain lyrica might help (can probably get free samples from your dr).  I know it's worse when you're withdrawing from street use but it's still possible to get clonidine from a dr if you really want it.  Hot baths will help also.  Don't smoke when you're coming off it, might sound weird but I've found I hurt a lot more when I'd smoke when withdrawing.  I've been on 320mg oxy for a very long time and I finally had enough of it, it's goin fine.  Still get that urge occasionally but for the most part it's nice to have my brain back.  It's strange how much your mind is taken from you and others kinda notice it but you can't exactly change it without getting off it I don't think.  I've tried to go back to being who I was b4 the oxy's and while on them I just wasn't the same me.  Here's to hoping it changes being off them.  Another thing that does help is water and exercise.  Might be difficult (exercise) on the first or second day but after that try hard to get even a couple minutes in of running or riding a bike or what you enjoy doing.  Hope this helps someone, getting off this stuff is a nightmare, but I promise you it's worth it even if it feels impossible.  
Hi I'm 29yrs old, I been taking loritabs for about 3 yrs now, its an opiate, basically like legal heroin, I'm seriously spending $50-$60 faithfully. Day, I desperately am crying alone at night for help. I'm opening up my business within the next month and I'm afraid of failing, failing on my kids, family friends, and most of all, failing myself! This is my lively hood and I can't fail! Can some one please as I cry help me?!  My email is ***@****
Hey bud, first off, if you still have tears in your eyes reading this, then take a few deep breathes for me and try to take any solace you can in the fact that you are not alone.
All addicts (especially those who have someone depending on them) go through someone either like this, or exactly what you are feeling now.

I wont go into too much detail again because i just made a post 10 mins ago supporting the medication im about to recommend you, so if your interested in it, take a look at my other post or google it yourself.
Suboxone.

(Like in other post): I was an addict for roughly 2 to 3 years. Hooked on roxys and it didnt take long to go from nose candy to vein candy. Ive ruined my life and betrayed those who i love the most. I regret every single thing i have ever done in the name of the addiction and i too cry alot over it because some people choose to never let me forget what i did.

Even right now, i want it. Even though i know how bad it is and the damage it WILL do, just the fact i saw some a#$hole today nodding out and trying to sell me OC80s, i am half regretting turning him down. In the long run, i was smart and made the right decision.... but now? I feel like breaking down and just doing it.

Sorry for having digressed, but just saying that made me feel alittle better. My point: Look into suboxone. Since im no doc, dont take it as medical advice. Just a friendly suggestion.
Suboxone helped me quit that garbage once and for all. Maybe it can help you too
i heard suboxone or subs have side effects on quitting as well. Is this true or misleading?????
i was hooked on suboxone for 2 years after i withdrew from oxy's methadone and phentanyl. Startes at 16mg a day under the tongue. Then went doen 4 mgs a day until i got to 2mg a day. Then went through hell to get off that. I was hooked everyday for 5 years and have been clean for three years. Still kinda feel reoccurring symptoms here and there. My body will never be the way it was prior to the addiction
I took suboxone for about two years. When I started taking this as treatment for a heroin addiction I used 8mg/day. After 3 or 4 months I would only take 2mg/day. This lasted for more than year...I decided it was time to stop using this and be clean from everything. KI decided to break the 2mg in half and take 1mg/day for some time, probably 4months or so. When I stopped taking the sub's it wasn't bad at all. Sleep was really the only symptom that bothered me. I mean, sneezing, a little teary eyed, minor leg aches were also there, but those were gone after 2 days. My appetite was excellent, my mood was actually pretty good. I was surprised because of all the negative posts on the internet. Again, sleeping through the night didn't happen for about 8-9 days. You will sleep, just not much. I fell asleep every night at 3 then waking at 5:30-6:00...this happened every night religiously for 8-9 days. Sleep started to regulate itself after that.

It is nothing like heroin or methadone.
I currently take about 200 mgs of oxycontin a day, for pain and then it got a little out of control, i have tried to stop cold turkey but it is almost impossible for me. I just got some suboxone but have to wait until tomorrow to take it. How long do you have to wait from your last dose of oxycontin to take suboxone? I have heard about 24 hours? Is that true? Also, how many mgs of suboxone do you think is needed for me? Please help me out! I want to quit so badly and want to be clean for the rest of my life. I lost my girlfriend, my apartment, and now losing my family. I am in a very rough position but it is all my fault and i have no one else to blame except for myself for my stupid and ignorant actions. Also i would love talking to people that have been in the same boat as myself before for motivation! Any help will do! Thank everyone sooo much!    

Zach.
Yeah...that's great advise... Get on xanex...lol... I was taking 800-1200 mg of oc a day... I stopped cold turkey.... I started on xanex to help with the stress and to sleep... I now am addicted to benzos..... Withdrawn from benzos makes withdrawn from oc feel like a cake walk with the pope... Beating oc is mind over matter and a week or two tops of withdrawl....benzo, u have no mind. U can't function, think, focus, nothing... Then the suicidal thoughts come, especially after uv laid thinking uv been off benzo a month or so, laying in bed with no sleep, racing thoughts, no will to move, unable to speak on the phone, only to realize uv been off 3 days.... Hell.... Hell that won't go away. That's benzo. And there is nothing to help except.....say it with me....BENZO.. no med that help ease the withdrawl. No subox. Nothing.... Please, if uv never been addicted to a different drug, don't suggest a person trying to get clean use a different narcotic to do so.... Stay the hell away from benzo. U can get off oc there is help if u can't do it alone. There is no help for benzo.
ive been takin 7  40mg for couple years . i cut down to 6   3 days ago , i plan on cuttin down 1 40mg pill every 2 weeks.is that a good idea and what kind of a ride am i lookin at ? please anyone ideas welcome
hello.  I ca feel your pain from here.  My name is Terry.  I am a recovering addict and have been so for 10 yrs.The past year , I have been diagnosed with osteo arth. I went to a pain clinic and the doctor put me on oxcy's.240 mg a day for about 8 months.  I was feeling so bad that I went to another doctor and told him that I needed to get off these oxcy's.It's been about 6 weeks and I still get quite nausious, but it is getting better.  I am no longer on the oxcy's.  These pills are much harder to detox from than any drug of choice in the past.. I am a proud member of NA and if I had not been in recovery when the doctor put me on these pills ,I would be scared as well.  But I know with the help of others., I can do it.   And so can you.  Get help now.  contact NA in your area.  Let other people who are dealing with the same situations as you help you.  God bless,   and Merry Christmas
The answer to your prayer is NA
Hi you are posting on a thread that is almost 12 years old.None of these people are here anymore.Just letting you know
THIS IS MY ISSUE...  I went into a rehab for 90 days and NA/AA came in two to three times a day and brought meetings in... among other classes we had from 6am to 10pm at night.. it was a very strict program... i listened very closely and started to believe that I could actually STAY OFF OF ROXY COTINS AND ALCOHOL.. I had been taking about 8/30mg pills and drank a half of bottle of rum each day. Before rehab I oded and went into a coma for eight days from drinking and pills and was diagnosed with "wet brain."  WHICH I MIACUIOUSLY OVERCAME IN TIME! I went through the 90 days and when I got out I went directly to meetings and decided i was going to change my life.. I had a year old daughter and I didnt want her to grow up knowing that her mother was an addict. At the meetings I tried to talk to people and it seemed that they had already formed their cliques and wanted nothing to do with a newcomer that they werent ABSOLUTLY SURE was in it for the long haul... I asked someone to be my sponsor and since i didnt drive and at times when the busses weren't running I would ask for a ride and it always seemed as if I was putting them out.. My sponsor told me to call her every night and I missed one night and she told me she could no longer sponsor me.. it was too much for her, hence she was only two years clean and i was her first sponsee . i then picked a sponsor that has 25 years clean and shortly after I had her she blew me off and stopped returning my calls, excuse being that she didn't go to meetings every night and she was going through a bad divorice. I had a gotten a job and a month later i got laid off.. I ENDED UP RELAPSING.. NO FAULT OF ANYONE, JUST MY OWN STUPIDITY!  I felt really slow and dumb with no courage when I was clean... i started by drinking then went back to using percocets.. I continued to go to meetings every now and then. I then went to using roxys and morphine and told myself IT HAD TO STOP!!!  i RAN OUT OF PEOPLE TO GET IT FROM AND THE ONE THAT I COULD COST MORE THEN I MADE SO I WENT COLD TURKEY... I couldn't take care of my daughter.. her father who i lived with as well watched her... i lost my job.. i tossed and turned couldnt sleep got cold sweats threw up continuiously got lead legs, and all the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE THINGS THAT COME ALONG WITH DETOXING... I THOUGHT I WAS LITERALLY GOING OUT OF MY MIND... AFTER ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF IT GOT EVEN WORSE AND I CALLED EVERY SINGLE NUMBER THAT I HAD GOTTEN FROM THE PEOPLE IN NA/AA AND BEGGED THEM TO PLEASE HELP ME... TAKE ME TO A MEETING TAKE ME TO DETOX SIT WITH ME AND TALK ANY THING THAT THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO TO MAKE ME FORGET WHAT I WAS GOING THROUGH WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE ANYTHING!!! THE RESPONSES I GOT WAS I LIVE TO FAR AWAY, I CAN'T MAKE IT TONIGHT, CALL SOMEONE ELSE, ETC... I WAS DEVESTATED I TOLD ONE OF THE WOMAN THAT WHEN THEY CAME TO SPEAK AT REHAB THEY TOLD US THAT THEY WOULD GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP A SUFFERING ALCOHOLIC OR ADDICT AND HER RESPONSE WAS IM REALLY BUSY WITH WORK AND MOVING AND WHEN I ASKED HER FOR OTHER PHONE NUMBERS SHE SAID SHE'D GET BACK TO ME AND I NEVER HEARD FROM HER... IT WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST TWO AND A HALF WEEKS OF MY LIFE... IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE MY LEGS WERE SO HEAVY AND I COULDN'T EVEN GET OUT OF BED, YET I COULDN'T JUST LAY THERE I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN I JUST CRIED AND PRAYED AND BEGGED FOR THE PAIN TO GO AWAY... AFTER THE MAJOR PAIN MY DEPRESSION KICKED IN AND I WAS SO HELPLESS AND FELT I HAD NO WHERE TO TURN... MY SOLUTION, WHICH I ABSOLUTLY DON'T SUGGEST WAS TO TAKE A PILL...BUT THIS TIME I WAS GONNA BE IN CONTROL ON THE AMOUNT I WOULD TAKE... THIS WAS SIX MONTHS AGO..  I got a really good professional job I started to take my daughter out, I took care of the house, I got close to my family again got a very nice apartment, I paid off my outstanding bills made friends who didn't sit around and talk about drugs all the time, etc... THE PROBLEM... NOW THE DOSES ARE GETTING HIGHER, THE PILLS AREN'T WORKING SO WELL, WHERE AS THEY USED TO GIVE ME ENERGY THEY MAKE ME TIRED, THEY DON'T MAKE ME SO HAPPY ANYMORE I TAKE THEM SO I DON'T GET SICK, IT'S GETTING COSTLY... MY POINT: IT SEEMS LIKE A VICIOUS CYCLE AND I HAD SOME REALLY BAD EXPERIENCES WITH NA/AA... I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE TO TURN OR WHAT TO DO AT THIS POINT.. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS... I WILL NEVER GO COLD TURKEY AGAIN BUT I'D LIKE TO STOP WITHOUT HAVING TO TELL MY FAMILY OR BOYFRIEND OR EXPLAIN WHY I MIGHT BE WEAK OR WHY IM NO LONGER HAPPY GO LUCKY OR OUTGOING ETC... I'M PRETTY SCARED AT THIS POINT AND ONLY HAVE ONE PERSON I CAN CONFIDE IN.. SHE IS NOT AN ADDICT SHE CAN TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT SO I DON'T QUITE THINK SHED UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN'T JUST STOP... SORRY IF I BORED ANYONE... WHILE I AM STILL ABLE TO FUNCTION AND TAKE CARE OF WHAT I NEED TO WHAT SHOULD I DO??? WHERE DO I START??? I KEEP THINKING TAKING MORE AND MORE WILL MAKE ME HAPPY AND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE WHEN I FIRST RE-STARTED BUT ALL I FEEL IS NOT SICK!!! ALSO BEFORE ANYBODY FIGURES IT OUT,UNLESS OF COURSE IM JUST FOOLING MYSELF AND THEY ALREADY KNOW???
Please start a new thread so people will see!! people here r awesome & will give u support, that i can promise u!! post a new thread , just copy & paste this please. Thinking of u tonight!!
i'm kind of new to computers how do i do this.. cause id really like to get comments and replies to my confusing situation... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TELLING ME COULD YOU JUST EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WHAT I HAVE TO DO???
go to the very first message in this thread & to the left on top it will say "back to forum" click on that then there should be something on the top of that page that says "Post a question" click that & post ur question. There is a lot of great people on here that can & will do all they can to help!
I am so sorry to hear of your situation and how so many people have turned their backs on you when you thought you had a solid support system. None of those people should be offering their help if they don't fully mean it.

I hope you are doing better now, but if you are still stuck, I would suggest checking yourself into a rehab centre where they can monitor you, and support you through the WD process. I know how horrible it can be, I am in the middle of taking a break from decreasing my dose of oxy. My next decrease will be in April, but until then I have all sorts of anxiety over what the WD will be like. I went to the ER and they treated me so horribly, like maybe if they treated me less then human, I might learn my lesson and not get myself in this situation again.
Anyway, a 24hr rehab centre is my suggestion. They will help you. It is probably expensive, but so is the drug, so is not working, and so is the possibility of loosing everyone and everytng important to you.

Good luck, I know we all have it in ourselves to get clean if the determination is there :)
I am pretty new to this - how long does it take for withdrawal symptoms to disappear? I was a little better at the taper and got down to 20mg of oxycontin once a day X 2 days, but I am worried about my family and I am not sure I can handle withdrawals on top of the chronic pain returning.
IIf i could sleep at night o know i can tackle my addiction! I take vicodin oxicodone and others! The worse part about trying to quit is the no sleep is there anything i can do for sleep?
I couldnt get out of bed for 6days , much less ride a bike, but i was doing 10 60s a day, but I do agree with mild (30mg a day) withdrawel symptoms a bike ride, walk, or driving and listing to music is helpful, just dont listen to sad music, youll start crying for no reason, gl
I dont think so, unless you get professional treatment
I'm currently on my 6th day without oxys. I was taking around 210 mg a day for the last month but I was only prescribed 180mg so I ran out way early. I've been on them for around four years and never ran out but the beast finally caught up with me and I went nuts with them. I had went through coke, and methadone withdrawal when I was younger. The coke wasn't so bad the methadone was pretty rough but nothing compared to what I'm going through with now. Most of my physical symptoms have let up but I do have legitimate severe pain problems and 10 advil a day probably cant be sustained so I'm still finding my way. Theres no easy fix. If you get in the right NA group it can be helpful others not so much. Ultimately I'm relying on my family & God. I'm gonna turn over all my money to my mom and she will make sure I'm only buying things that aren't drugs. I've told my Dr not to prescribe anymore and perhaps most importantly, you absolutely HAVE TO burn all bridges with other users including your dad. You CANNOT be around users and maintain your sobriety. Sometimes you'll feel like youre trying to break out of hell and hands keep pulling you back. I chose to start seeing myself as a phoenix. The firebird who rises from the ashes and soars again! A little corny I know but it works for me. I'll keep you in my prayers Samantha. It may take more will than you've ever summoned but you can do it! Keep your goals in mind and keep digging in that well of strength within you.