Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
POSTING E-MAIL ADDRESSES

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

POSTING E-MAIL ADDRESSES

Once again, we see that some of you are posting your e-mail addresses (or other people's e-mail addresses) in this forum.  

DON'T DO THIS!  It's an open Internet forum and no place for ANY TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION!!!!!!

Cindy
Tags: Addiction
Hi Cindy. I understand your position on e-mail addys. Do you have any suggestions if one member wants to communicate one-on-one with another member?

Thomas
I would like to know the answer also.How do we communicate
by email if we can't post it? Good question Thomas the famous.
                          Bmac
Um since Ive been on the net I never knew an email address was such " PERSONAL INFORMATION!!!!!" Its how we communicate on the internet. Some of us like to talk outside of this forum. Just my opinion..

Brian
Well, I guess I am guilty of posting my email address.  I guess I missed the no posting of email addresses in the terms of service agreement. I'll go back and read it again.  I apologize.  I appreciate Medhelp wanting to protect ones "personal info"  Even if it is MY personal info to give.
My bad.
Star
Anyone who really knows me knows that the e-mail address I use here is not my regular one.  It is absurd to think that problems here started because of e-mail addresses.  It is an open forum and bs will happen from time to time.
I just did a check on my board and the first two numbers in an IP address remain the same each time.  They will direct whoever right to your ISP.  They will have a record of your usage and who is who.  Everything you do on the internet leaves a stamp with your IP address.  It identifies your computer on the internet.  Web pages you go to, e-mails, whatever is recorded.  Posts here and at other boards are also recorded.

Brian,

You sir, are really starting to irritate me!  Unless you are, in fact, the duck Jess claimed you walked, quacked, and ruffled your feathers like; then you, my dear, are in my opinion, WWWWAAAAYYYY to new of a poster, to keep
haha well..Thats funny.. Im sorry im such of a " new poster " hehe..and no i never even posted in no " music forum " you got me way confused with somone else jenn :). Also.. i am quite good friends with alot of people in here.. and also incase you didnt notice this is a public forum.. it doesnt say " jenns forum " i got the right to post my thoughts on anything i want to. You got no right telling me to leave just because Miss Jenn doesnt like what brian says ha.. I really dont care none the less. I got friends here.. i know who they are.. i never compained in no music post.. Get your facts and stories straight before you go posting immature comments as the one you just posted. I simple posted my thoughts on the email thing here, as did everyone else.. I should have to leave because of that ? I dont think so and i wont leave and even take your post serious at all. Im not bossing anyone around, im simply posting my comments just like everyone else does... thats what this place is FOR, to POST whats on your MIND. If this was a private forum it would be different, but it isnt so deal with it. I got just as much right to post here as you do, as anyone else does. Ive made quite a few great friends here, that i respect and they respect me. I wont let one person ruin that for me. Have a nice night Jenn.. goodbye :)

Brian
Ok you guys..Brian is a real person with real pain and real adddiction.  It was just a misunderstanding that he was thought to be an imposter.  I know him and I know he's cool and genuine.  We all have enough problems without getting on one anothers cases.  We are here to support one another.  This imposter @#$%^&^ crud has gotten the best of some people and hurt others.  But in the end we all need to show that we are better than that.  That we can pull together in our commonalities and try to bring a little peace to one anothers lives in this world of havoc and real pain!
Thx for  listening,
Suzie
I know dial-up users have a different one each time.  The ISP numbers are the same, though.  That is your internet service provider.  They can get you through them.  I have dsl and always have the same IP address.  I posted my hotmail email and haven't complained to anyone.  Haven't had a problem.  It is just common sense to not use your personal e-mail address.
It isnt a big deal. Its our choice to post a email address or not. Its not like we are posting our home address, phone number, social securty number. Geeze.. whats so personal about a EMAIL ADDRESS. Its really the main way people communicate here. Sometimes people would like to ask questions to other people without posting here for everyone to see.

Brian

If you must post an email addy, get one at yahoo or something, dont use your regular ISP addy.

Do you really want a future employer or spouse being able to find out about your addiction just by entering your email addy into a search engine? Im talking _years_ later too.

Also you might want to "sanitize" a yahoo or other web based mail account. Someone I wrote to had their real name in the "from" field.

DM

I don
I am sorry, but it can be traced back to you.  You have an IP address even if you use hotmail or yahoo.
How would that work if your IP is dynamically assigned from a pool of IP addresses every time you log on? If you log on and off the interent frequently, I would think only your ISP would know your IP for a given day or time. Of course, with a warrant, I assume the man can trace you through Hotmail to your ISP and then to you.
OK, here we go,a song about IP addresses.I can see the lighters being raised as we speak.And the crowd goes nuts.It's called
my ISP and the Law.Or the DEA and My ISP.Oh forget it!
                         RB
Lets not start another argument about damn email addresses. Who really cares, if you feel safe posting your email addy then whats the big deal. Jeeze..

* GIVES EVERYONE A BIG HUG *

Lets all get along.. we are here to talk about other things, not email addresses.

Brian
People post their emails, yet they are the same people that complain to the administrators once they start getting harassed.  There has proven to be more than one wacko on this forum, so why would you want them to have access to your personal email?

Further, if you have to post your email, why not set up a yahoo or hotmail account under another name...with none of your real information.  That way, if someone turns into a stalker, you can just ignore it and not use the account.
She doesnt know me. Ive never even seen her before her seeing her post today...

Brian

PS: Ty Suzie for being there for me, listening and everything :)
just out of curiosity, you say you know pimpshit...how do you know him?  do you live near each other?
Hey gal!  I have e-mailed and cammed with Brian on yahoo.  So no have not met him face to face but have spoken with him camming.  
How r you?  I lost your e-mail.  Can u re send it to me?
Thx,
Suzie
Hi - I don't have yours either.  I never post my email address here...I don't feel comfortable especially with all the **** that has been going on lately.

Brian,

I TOTALLY APOLOGIZE!  I meant to write
See the Divorce string below that i started ..comments c 30 and c 31.  Evidentally this is proof that the so called person using "hippY" is the imposter and then posted as
Chezz too!  Gotcha!  If the real hippy is out there...I don't know how you can prove who you are to us but those druggee posts speak for them selves!
Suzie
Apology accepted.

Hope everyone is doing good today, Im kinda tired and sluggish and just blah..

Brian
emails aren't so important or personal.  here's mine...
***@****
Dingbat-
If you're going to impersonate me, please put your postings through a decent spell/grammar check.

Thank you.

~~~~Jess~~~~

P.S. I'm NEVER going to stop bugging you about your grammatical laziness, by the way.
i stopped impersonating any of you and started writting as myself a while back.  i haven't impersonated anyone since the hippy account.  in fact, he was the only one i tried to impersonate.  but even my grammar wasn't bad enough for that, remember?
by the way, have you figured out who i am yet?

JESS (WINK, WINK) I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU COULD SPELL
  DEEZ NUTS CORRECTLY ON MY NUT SACK....

DEEZ NUTS CORRECTLY ON MY NUT SACK....
You live at: 4502 Jouster Ct.

I am not going to reveal to the forum your real name, the state you live in, or the ZIP code, as there are a few people on this forum that would like to show up at YOUR door with a "Four-four."

Now go back to where you came from: AOL

Keyword |GayGanstasChat|

Satisfied?
Oh come on,tell us the rest.Tell their city and state.
Please I am begging.I really need to know that info,really really
really need it.Also 'the man' would like it too.
I sure these gay guys will enjoy jail.Well I am waiting in the info,hell email it to me.
                  Im waiting!
                      billy bob
Who cares really?  Is anyone going to go to this person's door and confront him?  Is anyone going to beat him up because he's screwing with the addiction forum?  I mean, come on.

Bmac, you are right about one thing tho...if Jesse is going to post any information that he thinks he knows, he should just post it all.  It's a power thing...I know something you don't know, and I'll entice you with a little morsal of information to make you curious...I'll reel you in a little and then not tell you.  It sucks.  If you're going to say something, say it and just get it over with and out in the open.  

Then, we can get back to what this place is really about...there are people with questions who are suffering, and this a-hole is taking away from them.

You are absolutely correct. It is a "Power thing" in that I'm showing that I have more power than said imposter. Also, giving our little friends' complete address would be a violation of the rules here.

~~~~Jess~~~~
    NM156
Why post any information then?  We all know that you work as some sort of computer something or other...that you can access certain information we can't.  It just seems like you are trying to prove something here, and it's getting kind of old.  I get that you think you know who he/she is.  So...what are we/you supposed to do with this information.  Do you think this person is intimidated enough to stop now?  The fact that you are putting in all this effort is probably fueling his fire.
You know what? I hate to admit it, but you are probably right. No, you ARE right. WHY am I sitting here wasting MY TIME researching this idiot?

Thanks for making me take a good look at my priorities.

~~~~Jess~~~~
    NM156
O.K. I give up...maybe I'm asking a stupid question, but what's up with the NM156?  Is that a special code or something?