Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Pain Killers

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Pain Killers

I have been on Co Codamol pain killers now for over a year for my back but recently i have had to take them more often i am constantly constipated i feel tired and sluggish all the time i have been trying to loose weight does pain killers slow down your metabolism as i cant loose the pounds now!
Drugs affect us in so many different ways. I became a string bean on them. I have gained weight off of them. But some people loose weight on them. Maybe your one of the ones who will loose weight. Just keep up the fight. Supporting you.
I was the same way...when my addiction really got serious I lost a ton of weight because I never wanted to eat and I couldn't sit still for 5 minutes. Now I'm off of them I have put on 25 pounds that I'm having a he!! Of a time loosing. I don't think it's the medication that's causing the weight gain.  The meds can cause the constipation though.