Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Pain meds were stolen!!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Pain meds were stolen!!!!

My Grandmother and I stopped in the store to get a coke. I had asked my nana to stay here and Ill be right back! When she forgot she needed something else, she left my purse in plain sight and someone stole it! The thing is, is that all of my scripts were in there! I had been visiting with her for the last few days so I took everything with me! My Oxycontin, vicodin, reglan, rantidine were all stolen....will my doctor refill my my meds? We did go to the police department and have a police report! PLEASE HELP!
Well I bet someone is really happy right now, lol!  Sorry, just couldn't help myself!  If you went to the police and did a report then I would just call your Dr's office that prescribed these and tell them what happened.  
Ya, im sure they are, there was also $653.00 in cash in my wallet...I had just gone to the bank and withdrew it...my house payment cause Im out of checks so was going to get a money order!
yeah with a police report it should be alright. If you just told your doc they were stolen they probably would just think you were an addict. believe me I tried that one before.
OMG that totally sucks!  Two222 your are funny!  I did the same thing!  
Your dr. may want to see a police report. Stolen scripts, and lost scripts, is one of the biggest lies with addicts. Not that I am saying you are lying, but to get more scripts/meds, I know I myself have said I left my purse on a bus, had my bad stolen, Ive said it all....If u file a report, and show them, then they will refill them most likely. That does suck and I know that person, if they are an addict, feels like they hit the lotto, no offense. I know you must be sick....

You will have to ask your doctor for that answer. I don't personally know your doctor, or know what he/she will say.

I hope you don't mind, I would like to ask a few questions?

You seem to being taking quite a bit of pain medication. Are these pain medications a problem for you?
Are you here to ask for suggestions on how to get off of these meds?

Please, if you feel that you may have a problem, post again and ask any questions you may have.

Hope to see you again.
it will all depend on your relationship with your doctor and no you do not have to make a police report that will prove nothing to your doctor......
if you relationship is not real good he may refuse you or even worse red flag you.......

you no your doctor better than anyone here you should no the answer to the question better than anyone else.....
you mentioned that you were with your nana if you worried about your credibility bring her and have her explain what happened at the doctors office.......
my brother is a doctor and says 9 times out of 10 you will need a police report. Anyone can just say their meds were stolen just to get more. The relationship with a doc makes no diff. I had a great relationship with my doctor who i was conning. He had no idea i was abusing and completely trusted me, but still would ask for a report, even though if it were up to him he wouldn't. But hey thats just what I've been told from a doctor himself, so I dunno he could be wrong...?
You know, I went to this one pain clinic and they had us all sign a standard contract that said IF our pain meds were ever stolen..they wouldn't replace them for 30 days. I always thought that was stupid.....why make someone wait 30 days to replace stolen pain meds??! Any thoughts on that one? Cuz I never understood the reasoning on it.
I really don't get this thred!!!!!!!  Why are people trying to help someone get drugs... who has not had there drugs stolen used or booze drank-up.....Truly im confused I thought this was a recovery site. Were is the voice of reason and sobriety what is our purpose here?
Wrong place to ask how to get drugs.......Period.
I"ve gone to pain mang. drs that had signs up that listed things like,,dont come back and say your drugs were stolen,lost,etc. They WONT be refilled. That 30 day thing is stupid,,you can find a new dr in less time then that
I agree. I asked her if she thought she had a problem with her meds. She seemed to disappear after that. Wonder why she was here at all? It seemed strange.
Yea Wierd, how easily we can miss whats really happening and why we are here. Im seeing people with time get slipped up by this....
Cunning, baffling and powerfull drugs are and we have to constantly be awake to its killing message.
wouldnt she want to file a police report anyway....just the cash would be enough to do it.  then im sure if she presents it to the doctor she probably wouldnt have a problem.....but im sure insurance wont pay.
I"ll bet her nana took them,,lol
Now that I think about it, it is pretty strange she would post here asking whether her doctor would refill her allegedly stolen pain meds. How the hell would we know? Its up to her doctor. If that were me, I'd call the doctor-----not ask strangers on the internet whether my doctor is gonna refill my meds.
And I agree, addicted, that 30 day thing is stupid. I thought that when I read the contract.
it seems that anytime pain meds are typed in a search engine this place comes up somewhere. That might be why.
Her nana........LOL!!!!  too funny.  She aint knitting tonight, she's cleaning the house........!

Not funny really but gotta keep a sense of humor.
Soundz like an addict to me! I hate to judge people but it sounds like she is lost with out her meds and for someone to " sound" so desperate must NEED them to function.
Ya her Granny must be 1 happy Lady, not only is she cleaning but she is probably at her local Senior center DAncing! lol
AH HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guilty party will know what this means...........lol As for everyone else, just ignore this post. lolol I knew it.
An addict is an addict for life and for whatever reason you run out of pills, you start to freak.  Whether her story is true or not is moot.  I've been clean from a bad oxy habit going on my 7th month now, but I actually did have my purse stolen once with my oxycontins in it.  I didn't know what to do, who to turn to, nor what to expect.  So "citykitti13" was reaching out for help, in my opinion of course.  And why wouldn't she post here?  Aren't we all addicts?  I've also told some doozy lies to my doctor when I would run out early and try to get more.  I had to get them filled early because I was going to visit relatives and there were no pharmacies around for miles and miles, my pills were in my jacket pocket and flew out when I was riding on the back of a motorcycle, they accidentally fell in the toilet, the dog ate them (just joking on that one).  Well only once did a lie work, but I sure did try several times.  Addicts do crazy things, don't we all know?  So if citykitti13 comes back, lets show her our concern at least and not make fun of her.  
Love,
Yoda
6 mos clean c/t from oxycontins
We weren't making fun of her. She was posting under the pretext of 'will my doc refill my meds' which is totally impossible for us to know. She wasn't posting as an addict------she was posting a question, which, as I said is impossible for us to answer.
Nana cleaning the house! Thats sooo damn funny. Not to long ago my mother-in-laws vicodin turned up missing. My sister was temp.living with us. She had just got out of PRISON for writing her own scripts. She was an RN. I knew it was her. I wasnt addicted to them at that time. So the day they dissapeared guess who was cleaning our house with all the enthusiasim of a beer commercial?
Nana is out playing BINGO tonight........
man, old people can basically get whatever their little hearts desire when it comes to pain-pills. I doubt it was nana though...but who knows?
LOL that was funny. 'old people can get whatever their little hearts desire" LOL!
Sorry about yesterday, you're actually pretty cool.  :--)
it's alright. yes..yes I am cool
;-)
Hi, my grandma did the exact same thing...she kept all of her parents, my great grandparents' CII meds in her puss in a makeup bag...she left her purse in the bathroom at the local hospital emergency room.  My great grandparents go to a SUPER strict pain management clinic. She called them and said that they require a police report.  She went on to file a police report, because it was Sunday, the police actually came to her house to interview her. She then presented the police report to the docs office and they handed her ALL the scripts...no questions asked...over the counter...no visit with the doctor needed!  I figured they would give them like just enough until their next visit was due (two weeks) but, they wrote them the entire months worth!  So, it probably WILL work, and I like the idea mentioned earlier, that ur grandma can vouch for you...good luck, I know it suck *** to be sick, I hope u get them as soon as possible!  Best wishes!!!!!!!!  =)    
The same thing happend to me!.....except all my luggage with my meds got stolen 8 days ago and im overseas!.....I had to CT because my meds were stolen...Im now on day 8 of withdrawl (withdrawal).....although I must say.....I do feel very proud of myself. Dont freak out....it wont help.....I thought I would lose my mind...but I surprised myself and I didnt freak out because I knew there was nothing I could about it....I knew I was going to run out of pills and the whole plan was to quit.....its just that my meds got stolen before I finished tapering. Goodluck!
you guys are jerks, this person wanted advice. and yes, if you are in enough pain, some people, including myself need pain meds to function!! I someone have been on them for yrs. their bodies are usually dependant on them. doesn't mean they are taking them wrong. if you can't be helpful, then don't type anything!!