Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Pain pill withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Pain pill withdrawal

I have been currently withdrawing form a pain pill addiction for 3 days now.  My question is, "Is it ok to take Acetaminophen to help with the feeling of pain?"  I've been using Benadryl to help me sleep, taking vitamins, & trying to stay hydrated.  Mind i've been doing this cold turkey.
I've always taken tylenol in conjunction with advil, helps a little for the aches and pains while your going though what you are.  

Good job on the 3 days...it will definately start getting easier soon!
Good for you on your 3 days! In a few days you will feel much much better. Absolutely you can take Tylenol to help with pain. Keep it up, you are doing great.