Palpatations
Has anyone else suffered with palpatations and chest tightness during withdrawal. Getting it really bad, and feel like I,m gonna have panic attack. Scares the hell out of me.Have a lot going on in life 5 children etc. Its like I can't cope with normal every stresses.
get to a hospital heart problems are nothing to mess with....Gnarly
Panic attacks can be really scary and dangerous- get to a hospital, let them know you're in the process of withdrawal, and DON'T drive yourself there because that won't be safe.
Yes I have. IM PRETTY SURE it anxiety baised. What is your standing and sitting heart rates? Alsp check your bp. Walgreens/Cvs has free machines. God i feel terrible... ;(((
  hey, when I was tapering methadone and also when I stopped the same thing happened to me.  I would dose off then next thing I would jump up with my heart racing like I had just been out for a jog!.....it was also hard to get a deep breath....now I'm 8 days off methadone and thankfully it has stopped.
Today, I,m feeling much calmer, can breathe deeply and tightness has gone. I think cos kids where getting worried, it freaked me out more. Had some massage and did tapping, and it seemed to help.
Glad you're feeling better. When I was withdrawing from alcohol I had such bad palpitations that I actually lay awake for nights terrified in case I had a heart attack. Yeah, pretty sure it was anxiety based - kinda like a pro-longed panic attack? Toss in paranoia and it's quite a party!! It did pass after about 2 days. I tried distraction - exercise and meeting up with people. It was worst when I was alone & thinking too much. Good luck & hope you continue to feel better!