Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
People with suboxone experience

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

People with suboxone experience

My question is is there anyone out there who has personal experience beginning use, and tapering off suboxone in a span of 2 weeks or less? is that possible? Could i potentially take  subs only long enough to withstand the length of my opiate withdrawal detox...? (which im assuming will be no more than around 2 weeks, i dont inject it and i havent been using for THAT long.) Id like to try to get off everything as quickly as possible and really dont want to take subs for an extended period of time because im afraid id just substitute one drug for another and then would never be able to get off subs! and of course want to minimize my withdrawals. so if anyone has any experience in this department please let me know how it went for you and how you did it and what the quickest way possible to do this would be. thanks! any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!
          Yes I have done it, but I think I stop 2 fast when I was at 2 mg. When you reach 2 mg I had alot of trouble sleeping!!!!!!! From what I read just recently is at 2 mg you should start tapering down a sliver every 5 dys and then every other day. I did not go every other day. I stopped to early. I don't want to tell you How I got off and give u bad advise, but we did discuss this with someone else yesterday.  Maybe u can scroll down and read that? I'am on day 27 right being clean except I cheating on day 10 only 4 and half mg of oxycodone and that was a big mistake. Guilt and hurt. Now life is really good now just still get lethegic towards end of afternoon, but it is worth it ! good luck