Percocet 30 addiction
I don't have a question, just a comment: My sister died July 28, 2011 from her addiction to percocet. I just want anyone reading this to know that it can happen to you. She left behind a loving family. We miss her very much. My sister started taking pain medication after a car accident 7 years ago. In the beginning she took her meds the way they where prescibe, then she got in with a pain management group (to me this group is nothing more than a licensed drug dealer) The past year, my sisters addiction was so much bigger than any of us knew. I can tell you, she went to her pain management doctor on July 26, 2011, she was prescibed 90 30mg pills, they where gone 2 days later. My mother and sister had made her doctor aware back in December 2010 of her addiction after she accidentally overdosed. She was was in the hospital for 1 week, she came home and 1 week later back at the pain management center, where her doctor wrote her prescription with no concern for her well being. If I could go back to December, I would have kidnapped my sister, sat by her side through detox. I will never get to tell her how much I love her. Sad thing is, she didn't think she had a problem. Please reach out and get help.
         your right if the drugs take control and are abused this will cause alot of pain.   Theres no promises only jails institutions and death.   I had a brother who done the same thing he had 17 yrs of being clean he moved to another state him and his wife better job.   Some how after a few years he relapsed on pain pills.  And after a while he took his life he did not want to live like that no more.   He was 46.  
You are right..thank you for sharing. So sorry for your loss. I hope that people read your post and realize it can happen to ANYONE out there.We are not immune people.Take care and thanks for sharing.~A

So sorry!! Thanks for the post. It helped me more than you'll ever know!
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister.in one way is this your fault. We can't chain them down and kept them captive.  There is no happy ending to substance abuse.it only causes heartache,destruction and yes many times premature and tragic death. It is a reality of addiction. The pieces are left to be cleaned up by the families.
There are no winners in this.
My daughter who is 20 just lost a friend 3 days ago to overdose.
Such a waste of lives.
Praying for the LORD to comfort you.
Debbie
IN NO WAY IS IT YOUR FAULT,
Thank you for sharing your story....I am sorry for your loss and  wish you and your family the best getting thru this tough time.
I'm so sorry for your loss. You are so brave and thoughtful to come and post your story.Perhaps your words here were enough to save a life. Thank you for sharing with us.
Thank u for sharing ur story...on July 29 I was out of pills and said that's it sink or swim I through with this game I also was in pain management....I cried when I read ur story bc mine is so familiar to ur sisters.....she died the 28th of July and I chose to die or live on July 29th....sink or swim bc I couldn't live like that anymore...but I ct right out of there....but u couldn't stop her I have a beautiful loving family....but I had to do it not them....I'm so sorry for ur loss but THANK U......we r all one dose away....
Hello Dhurleyd2.. Welcome to the forum and Thank you for the reality check.. I'm very sorry for your loss and I send my condolences to you and all who loved your sister. warmly lesa
I am so sorry for your loss and the key thing that you have written about is how much it helps others.  I too, take Percocets, for pain and its tough cutting back on them.   I cant imagine how ill your sister must have felt after ingesting 90 pills in two days.  Some days I take up to 8-10 and I know its too much.  I think its the Acetametaphin in them that is building up in the system that makes people so sick.  
Thank you for writing in the forum.  Ironically, I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to see about getting another prescription that lowers the amount and dose to finally get off them.  

Thank you.  You are helping others by telling your sisters story......
Take care!!
Thanks for your input in the site too.  You have something to be so proud of by getting off of these pills.  It is something that not enough people talk about and this is so key to helping others.  I know its helping me by reading these concerns or I wouldnt want to get off them so badly and find another way of dealing with my pain.  I have an incurable illness but there has to be a better way.  
How did you finally stop the percocets and how many days getting through the worst of it?  Congratulations on your success.....Take care!!
Iam addicted to perc 30 as of now, i cant stop. Im trying as hard as i cant but i cant afford a clinic im 19 years old ive been addicted for two years, does anyone know how i get get rid of this ******* problem thats tearing me apart from my family who i love the most.
Hi Juillis this in an older thread go to the top of the page and you will see an orange post a question button click on it and you will get more support. A little more info will help. How many 30s are you taking per day? Have you heard of the Thomas recipe? You should try and get everything except the benzos. Take Imodium for tummy issues and drink lots of water and Gatorade. Also take hot baths with Epsom salts for the aches. You have so much life to live :) do you have any family support? Congratulations on wanting to get your life back