Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Percocet Addiction!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Percocet Addiction!!!

My girlfriend and i have been using percocet for awhile now, honestly cant even remember when we started doing them, a few years back now. Its taken over our whole life, all we think about it how to get them or where we are gunna get money from to get them. We are trying to quit, today is day one with nothing and normally we do so many a day that we lose track of it. We sniff them. Today felt like i was dying and it was only day one, that im scared what the next week will feel like. I know i need help and she knows it as well. I just want my life back and want to be me again. When i dont have them i am depressed and angry at the world. I feel like everyone is lying to us if they say they cant get anything or they just want it all for themselves.. I hate this feeling! My girlfriend and i fight all the time about getting money or pills or how many we did without eachother.. Its just getting to the point where it might ruin our relationship. I think the main reason im afraid to quit is because im scared of the pain i am about to go through and i dont want to feel it. We have tried to stop before and got to three days a couple of times but then always go right back because of the pain we are in. Everyone around us thinks its just so easy to stop and tell us that its not that hard, i dont think they understand that we depend on them. That we dont know how to be without them. I get so angry and annoyed with them when they say that to us, if we could just stop i would. Im just scared of how i am going to feel when i dont have anything. If there is anyone who has any advice about helping with withdrawal symptoms, please please please let me know. We need all the help and advice we can get at this moment. I want to better my life and hers. I want us to be normal again, but then again i dont know what normal feels like without the pills. I hate the thought of going through all this painful stuff, all the withdrawal, and not sleeping. Thats my biggest fear. I dont want to be angry at the world but i know that quitting these is not going to be a cake walk and that i am going to be mad that i dont have anything and am going to hurt. Please give advice if you can!!!
can u come up with 40 bucks to buy stuff at cvs?...my name is dove
It's the worst thing in the world to stare into a black abyss that is addiction, and to know that you are ******. But you're not. It's going to suck to quit. It's going to hurt. And it's going to be totally worth it. Check out the Thomas recipe for withdrawal. Look into getting suboxone if that's a route you're interested in. Check out these postings on perc addiction, they're a wealth of information. NA or AA meetings help for moral support, regardless if you believe in god or not. And be prepared to grit your teeth for awhile. This *****. But an open life seems totally worth it, and it's entirely possible.
i hope you and your girlfriend can support and be strong for each other through this.it is hard but totally doable. make sure you drink plenty of fluids, gatorade and juices are good, get some immodium for any stomache problems and diorreah, take hot baths with epsom salts in, get some valerian root and melatonin to help with sleep. get down to it and the physical withdrawals will be over, and as monkey says you need to stay off, AA/NA. are good also therapy, or counseling. you can be free of these drugs. take care and best wishes.
I understand what you guys are feeling.  Just keep imagining looking in the mirror and seeing your REAL self looking back.  It will be a whole new start for your relationship. Hang in there and if you guys believe in God, then pray every hour until this is all over.  It will help.  Not trying to preach, but my boyfriend and I both stopped using crack over a year ago and we went through all that not trusting eachother crap and sitting there trying to figure out how to get money etc.....  Now we support eachother when we have cravings and we are finally discovering that there are other things to do out there that we like.  Just remember what a waste of time and money it really is.  It was God who gave us strength during that time.I don't know if this helps or not but I just wanted to share it.  I will be praying for both of you today.
i was stuck on crack too i just stopped 2 yrs ago . i do have an addictive person. i will get stuck on anything now its pills. its my6th day c/t it wasnt easy but i did it. i cant put anything addictive into my body. thats just the way it is. good luck...dove
what are you talking about at cvs?
thank you for all the advice you have given me. it helps to know that were not the only ones who are having problems with quitting the bad things for us. i just went to the store and got all the things for the thomas recipe, the only thing i cant find is the L-Tyrosine.. Literally have looked everywhere, but someone told me it might be at the vitamin shop so im going to go there next. Again thank you for all your advice and support and i will keep you updated with our progress and how we are doing!!!
HI Welcome to the forum congrats on wanting to end the nightmare.....we do home detoxes everyday here im glad you stocked up on the thomas recipe it will make this a little more bearable ....a hot bath will help with most of the symptoms...they also makes some stuff call '''highlands restfull legs you can find it at walmart or wallgreens it worth having it only cost a few bucks and will help when your legs and arms seam to have a mind of there own...remember this is 1/3 physical and 2/3 meantal be ready to fight on both fronts
the best thing you can bring to the table is a positive attitude  it makes the difference between being uncomfortable or having to suffer....this is a battle one or lost in ones own mind stay focused on the positive you will no longer be chained to a pill bottle when its done and over
keep reading the posts and post often for support good luck and God bless.....Gnarly