Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Percocet And Alcohol Question

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Percocet And Alcohol Question

Greetings,
I have been taking Percocet 5/325 for about a year for my back.  I take 3 tablets in the morning, and that keeps my back fine all day.  I don't take any in the afternoon or evening.

My birthday is on Monday.  One of my friends is taking me to a bull roast and they have alcohol and mixed drinks there.

I took my 3 tablets this morning (Friday).

If I don't take any more percocet between now and Monday, will I be OK to have a few drinks on Monday?

Will the percocet be out of my system by Monday?  It will probably be Monday afternoon when we will be arriving there.

That makes 3 1/2 days.  (about 80 hours).  Is that enough time for the percocet to be out of my system?  

Will I be ok to drink at the bull roast?  

How long after I drink will I need to wait to continue taking my percocet?

Thank you,
Bob Benson
"The Big 40 in 3 days!  Happy Birthday To Me!"
If you can go 3 1/2 days without a perk you will be fine.  I found it hard not to pill up after 3 1/2 hours. Drink up Shriner and happy b-day
normally it takes about 3 days for narcotic pills to be out of your system.

happy early bday!
happy birthday!  
For a short acting pill like Perc 5's, you would be able to safely drink after 24 hours.

I used to take large amounts of percocet AND go drinking.  Not a good idea, but I was all about getting wasted.  I don't need to go into numbers, but I can honestly say that a few beers on top of a percocet, especially if you have been taking them for a while, will not have a horrible reaction.

I respect your ability to play it safe.  After 24 hours you will be OK to have a few drinks.
Maybe not so much of a reaction but.... it's the combination of the Tylenol in the Percocet and alcohol that can be toxic to the liver if consumed at the same time.
Listen, I just drank and took 1 1/2 perc's thursday night. Drank from 10 to about 130 am then took these pill's out of stupidity. DO NOT DO IT. I woke up at 140 in the afternoon the next day with a sore right hand, bloody left knee, and no recollection of anything past 215. My mom the next day told me there was dintymoore beef stew slopped on the stove and counter that i supposedly had cooked while belligerent. My friend stopped over around 215-220 am apparently and i wouldve never known had he not told me. Everything was blackout and i would never do it again. Drinking and taking percocet has the same affects as drinking and xanax do. very unsafe. Im about 6'0" 175lbs so be weary, i wouldnt advise it to anyone.
you don't sound like an addict. What brings you here, just info?
i took  percocets last night around 8pm and drank a forty and two tall cans and drank more through out the night no black out felt real good but i woke up this morning and had some pain in my abdomen and my left testicle is that normal
Dude, if you can go 80 hours w/o a pain pill, AND without withdrawals, then you don't need pain meds. Trust me!
Thanks for making me laugh (you had me at Dinty Moore stew).  I'm on day 1 of w/d from Percocet 10 mg day for over 2 mos. and feel real bad, until you made me laugh.