Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Percocet Withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Percocet Withdrawal

I,ve been taking Percocet for about two yrs now, I originally started taking 3 10mg per day, My tolerance of course went up little by little.  To make a long story short, I was taking 15 percocet 10mgs per day, I never messed with any else, I came to terms with myself and told my self I had to stop, I've now been clean for 5 days and I'm going through hell, I can't sleep, I'm sweating, and very anxious, I can't relax my legs or arms, its horrible, I try to shake it out but it comes back within minutes.  I do not want to take any Suboxone or any other drugs to get my ween myself off.  I did this to myself this is why I chose to go cold turkey, can someone please tell me how long I will withdrawal for, when am I going to stop feeling depressed, and basically when can I  go back to my normal life.  I have been drinking lots of Green tea, and  been taking detox remedies in hope that it will help me through the withdrawal, I dont even want to smoke anymore where all it does is make me feel worse, pls help any info on what I can do or anticipate would be appreciated, sorry for the poor grammer at work rushing to get my thoughts down
You should be feeling better each day from here on in, it just takes a while for your brain to start producing the natural endorphins again. Exercise can really help if you can will yourself to do it.

The pills actually cause the brain to stop producing the endorphins. Imagine your brain is a big meadow and there is a factory in the meadow that produces and releases endorphins into the grass on the meadow, well when you take the pills this meadow is covered by the toxins from the pills. The pills cover the meadow and actually create holes in your meadow, these holes need to be filled in order to feel normal or take away aches and pains. Meaning the holes that arent filled give the withdrawl (withdrawal) sysmptoms. The endorphin factory has not produced the natural endorphins in so long that the order to fill all the holes created by the pills is too much to fill in one day or in your case 5 days. This is where exercise can jump start the factory and help fill those holes and regrow the grass in the meadow. It just takes time to fill the holes in and get the meadow back to its original state.
Thanks for that post... it really is encouraging to know that someone atually got clean and lasted for 50 days.

It's 14 days for me from Vicodin.... now I need to do something about the Benzos.   Shouldn't be all that hard I don't use that much but I found out really quickly that you can't do Xanax C/T.  I've been taking them for 9 months... so it wasn't like I was trading off... I was already there.

Would you mind answering a question for me.  In your diatribe you mentioned 50 days clean of Vics with a few minor slips.
I'm assuming you meant you took a pill on an occassion.  If not ignore the question.

Did taking a pill or two then stopping throw you back into Withdrawl (withdrawal) mode?

It's way too early for me in my Detox to even consider taking a pain pill... but I was wondering what would happen if I really did need to do it.

God Bless
And thanks for the encouragement

Gip
Hi.  First of all, you made a good decision for yourself.  I am on day 50 with a couple minor slips.  I didn't tell anybody when I went cold turkey.  I found this website and read it for an entire day.  It helped me so much.  I used some of the remedies that others have tried.  I too didn't want to use any other drugs to come off of my pill of choice which was vicodin, but did use a little smoke.   I felt so shitty for the first couple weeks.  the first days were bad, like you are having right now.  Can't sleep, body aches, restlessness, all of that good stuff.  Read more posts and do some of what people suggest to get through it, you can do it.  It took me some time to get my energy back and stuff, but it does come back slowly.  I had to just quit feeling sorry for myself and for how shitty I was feeling.  Eat lots of bananas they help out a lot for leg cramps at night and stuff.  Hot baths or a hottub if you are so lucky, will help out lots with the chills and body aches.  I had aches I didn't even know I had when I was always on the pain pills.  Not to mention the pain of the whole process of withdrawls.  You are probably through the worst so try and hang in there.  Also get a good daily vitamen your body probably needs it, I drank Gatoraide and water.  Didn't crave cigarettes I had quit a couple months before trying to quit my vics, but the vics made me smoke.  Some people can't eat, I didn't have that problem, but used the good ole green to get me through the withdrawls and helped ease many of my symptoms...stomach, restlessness etc.  Don't know if you smoke or not but it sure saved my life.  Keep trying my friend, you've made it this far and those first few days are hell, and the next few too!  I'll think of you and write and read more it really helps.  Good Luck, and keep telling yourself how much better life will be pill free!
Thanks for the support, I've been drinking a lot of green tea, its helping me out a little, I really don't look forward to tonight but well c what happens.  Thanks again and best of luck to you
Hello Everyone,
I am so happy i found this site for i feel so alone and so scared. I really need some help and advice. I had major knee surgery 2 years ago and was perscribed percocet 5/325, i actually tried refusing it from my doctor at the release from the hospital because i have always been so extremly scared of taking any medications, even an asprin. anyway i got it filled and took it here and there for my pain. I also suffer from migraines, during my recovery i developed a migraine and took one of the percocets to see if it helped, it did. To make a long long story short, i am now addicted, i did not realize it to about 6 months ago, i was out of pills and got the flu (so i thought) i was really sick. after 3 days with the flu i went to my scheduled pain management appt. and of course received my new script, i immediatly took 2 pills because my stomache hurt so bad from the flu, and all my pain went away, i thought it was weird that my flu symptoms went away, i then started taking 2 to 3 pills at a time and was enjoying the feeling it gave me, then after a while the 2 to 3 pills were not working, again long story short i am now taking 5 pills at a time/ 2 times a day= 10 pills a day. I have tried going off of them and can't believe the terrible terrible with drawal symptoms, it is so scary. I have even gone to other doctors when my run out to get more. I have known now for several months that i need help. No one knows about this and i am so ashamed, about 4 nights ago i wrote a 4 page letter to my husband explaining in detail what has happened to me and how scared i was, and even that i have been calling detox centers to get info. I finally gave him the letter, and he broke down, he is a wonderful man and i am so ashamed, i explained the withdrawal symptoms and i ultimatly gave him what was left of my 15 pills and asked him to please help me. I dont know what to do, i have 2 children and a detox in patient program is basically impossible for me. I am truly ready to fight this is to get rid of this addicition. I have a couple of questions for anyone out there who could help.

1. is it possible to do it on my own
2. is it deadly to do it on my own, is there any true deadly warning signs that my body will go through that i need to seek emergency treatment
3. any home remedies to help lessen the symptoms
4. how long will it take for the severe withdrawal to subside

Please help me, i am so scared, this is so not like me, i can't believe this has happened and taken control of my life.

Thank you
i know i already posted, i forgot to ask another question. I know there is several different strenghs of percocet, i think the dosage i have become addicted to is the least strongest, does this is any way help the detox/withdrawal easier or decrease the time frame?

Thank again

i appologize if i ask to many questions, i just really need to know what i am in for and really want to accomplish this.
First - congrats on coming forward to your husband.  That shows true courage - and desire to conquer this thing!

With that kind of support - you will be able to do this.  Can you go to your doc and ask for support from him/her to get you through the withdrawl (withdrawal)?

Bottom line, despite the strenght of the meds - you will feel w/d.  You will be miserable.  It is not a fun place.  As you read through the posts - some quit cold turkey and others taper their dosage down.

What you will need most is someone to watch the kids while you go through this.  And since you have an ally in your spouse - that will help.

Read through all the past posts - and you'll see what you are to face - and it isn't pretty.  if you have questions - ask a question - so it is posted at the top and many others will see it.  

Good luck - and please do keep us posted on your situation.

None of us wanted to be in this situation - but that is how we found this site.  

Hi. Yep, that is what I meant be slipping a couple times.  My son had them, he is going to be going to treatment soon and I let him come to my house and of course until he is gone, he will be using so not to go into wd just yet.  I saw that vic and wasn't feeling to energetic that day and thought what the heck one can't hurt.....well this time it didn't and I did one each for three days in a row.  So that was three slips I guess.
I didn't have any wd from those and they evened me out somewhat I guess.  Didn't feel like the good ole days, probably because I was hesitant in not only taking it, but same as you wondered if it was just going to get that ball rolling again, or if I could actually handle just taking one once in awhile.  I wouldn't want to test that too many times and haven't since.  Keep up the fight my friend, you are doing great.  Good luck on the other thing..benzos was it.  I'm feeling kinds stupid, I have seen that a couple times now but don't know what anybody is talking about.  Sending you a hug for good measure!
I want to say thank you and congrats to you all. My husband has been taking Percocet 20-30 a day.  He knows he has an addiction and we are just beginning our battle.  I am hoping we (especially he) can go through this.  Reading these post have helped alot and I will be checking back.  Again thank you.
Next time, post this on a new post. Older ones like this get removed back to archives.
We will be glad to help you and answer questions as best as we can.
Hi, This is my firdt time posting on this site but I am so glad I am....I have been taking Percocet for-ever.  It started when I was about 20.  I would do them occasioanally but really wasnt addicted...I actually sopped all together about 2 yrs ago....But now I am back...I basically take whatever I can get my hands on...sometimes I may get Vics other time Oxy's, Pirks, whatever I can get...I have been trying to stop, but the second I get the chills I cant take it...I actuallu stole Pirks off my mom one time when her Neck went out....This addiction is HORRIBLE....Anyway, I am tring to stop , buying these off the street is killing me, I am constantly broke and my LIVE - IN BF has NO clue.  I took the last of what I had this morning and am BROKE.I know I cantbuy anymore and am so scared of the Withdrawl (withdrawal).....does anyone have anymore at home remmedies I can use to ease the withdrawl (withdrawal)??

Thanks- Addicted
What does report this mean at the botom of everyones blogs??  I hit it by-accident?

Feenin
I take percocet on and off for recreationally for five years....I never experienced withdrawl (withdrawal) untill last year when I started taking 70-80mg a day for three or four months. I felt better in around a week. During the past few months I have been using about 30-40mg again, not always everyday.  I havent used in 4 days and have been experiencing severe withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms...Any ideas on how to make it easier??
I am at 2 months clean and you will feel better very soon...hang in there..what r u taking for sleep...sleep is important to success to keep us strong,,keep posting
sorry...just noticed this is an old post
the physical withdrawal's  takes about 14 days..then you might have still sleeping problems up to 30days....if you can get some nerve pills just FOR THE TIME OF WITHDRAWS  LIKE A SHORT ACTING BENZO  XANAX  0.5 MGS 3 ADAY..AND NO MORE THAN  THAT..IT WILL HELP YOU!!  THE MENTALLY PART WILL LINGER FOR UP TO 3 MONTHS..TILL YOUR OWN ENDORPINS START REPRODUSING...its a will ride...WHY WOULD YOU LET URSELF GET THAT HIGH  IN MGS???????  you will be OK.............bye   ............................james
For the past 5 weeks I've been in extreme pain from a disc in my neck that was touching a nerve.  4 weeks ago the  Dr started me on Vicodin and Flexeril.  A week later I started getting hullucinations at night and had the Dr switch the Vicodin and got Percocet.  The hullucination didn't stop and I ended up finding out that it was caused by Flexeril after searching the web. That flexeril should be avoid at all costs and it has a long 3 day half life so its going to take a long time to finally get out of me... So switched to Robaxin for the muscle relaxer.  At this time I got up to 10-12 Percocets a day because of the pain.  I got a spinal injection for pain and it started to work.  A couple times  during the day I would feel sick and would sweat.  I figured it was the Pain meds since I was taking so much.  Almost 2 days ago I felt sick and sweating bullets so I completely stopped the meds( total time on the meds 4 weeks).  I stopped all meds.  This entire time I never enjoyed the feeling from them.  I couldn't wait to stop them.  So I stopped and have been so sick.  I feel so cold yet I'm sweating.  I have no craving to take the drugs cause I relate them to feeling sick and the thought of taking them makes me want to vomit.  Since I'm not craving the drug, how long can I expect to feel awful.  Sleeping is next to none,,, I can't stop shaking my legs and a real nervousness is starting which is getting worse since I know I can't sleep.  Its rediculous that the Dr put me on this without warning me what will happen when I stop.  Should I go to the hospital and if I do what treatment will they offer and is it worth it.  I feel like drinking to relax... I took 2 Tylenol pms to help sleep and I layed down for 2hrs and was having strange thoughts...  So here I am... I'm very lucky that the spine injection has stopped my pain because I would have to get back on these drugs and the thought of that sickens me...

My symptoms:  Nerveousness, Insomnia, Cold chills and sweating, Emotional but not depressed

So my questions are...
#1) How long will the sick feeling last (keep in mind I have absolutely no mental cravings for the drug)  So I need expected time to not feel sick and sleep
#2) What meds will the Dr prescribe to easy this
#3)  What can I do on my own so I can tolerate this and ease this feeling

Thanks for your help
When l signed off 4 hrs ago I drank a beer, took a muscle relaxer to try to sleep,,, I barely slept  and within this time my symptoms have changed a bit,,, I couldn't get warm,,, I piled on the blankets fir 4hrs,,, then finally I took them off and had the fan on me to cool... got up and drank water and now I'm so weak, like I can barely walk and very uncordinatied.  

Is this the normal stages of withdrawal and what can I expect next.  I'm thinking of dragging myself to the hospital.  Hope they don't recommend another addictive drug or tell me to wean myself off cause this is the worse I think I've ever felt in my adult life.  Will Antihistamines help?  Hope someone can respond soon...

Thanks slot...
Sorry to make several posts...  wanted to make clear that In starting my 3 day off of the meds so am I in for a rougher ride?  All help appreciated
I got my Dr to give me Valium to take the edge off of this...  
I don't hear many mention work?? I'm in a really hard situation! I don't have any scheduled time off. My boss doesnt like to pay for sick leave or vac. except they give us 2 weeks at Christmas. Well I know I can't wait that long but I really want to quit I know how sick i get and I'm desperate for advice! I'm single and have my own place so I can't afford to lose my career or all I worked this long for. Also I'm 27 and have been at my present job only 7 mths so I really don't have the kind of pull to jus ask off! Please help
Use the valium as directed and it should help you alot. If you go to the back to forum link you will be moved to the current forum and you can post a new thread.. Mike
I didnt read the entire thread, but Valium is seriously addictive and if you are using it to come off of narcotic pain meds you might just end up trading addictions.

I would do some research on Bupernorphine, I've heard it works well- its an opiate antagonist and helps alleviate nearly all withdrawals. I know in the state of Oregon physicians have to be licensed to prescribe regimented programs for bupernorphine.
I'm at work right now, trying to sit at my desk and bear though this.  I take anywhere from 4-12 perc/day for about 1 1/2 yrs and it's getting way too expensive.  I can't take the time off from work so I'm suffering at my desk.  Runny nose and eyes, horrible lower back pain, restless legs, chills, clammy crawly skin.  How do I get though this???
I am glad you found this forum. Could you copy what you just wrote and start a new post? Top of page 'Post a Question' button. That way you will get the help you will need.
We will also need to know when you quit.
Someone kicking pain pills is much better off to take valium for a few days then start on bup. which can start a whole new problem.
Hello Dear Friend,
   I am new here. I read your posts and the wonderful responses you received. I am very glad I came here, there are very many caring people here and that fills me with hope! I was very touched by your post because I am going through this too.
   I was a Chef and slipped on a wet floor and have had 3 back surgeries since 1993. I've been taking percocet 10's and have been on them for the last 5 years. They are killing me and aging me quickly and I too am desperate to get off of them. I have only 3 left and I'm scared to death!!! I am terribly ashamed for letting myself get to this point.
   I have experienced some of these withdrawal syptoms (symptoms) of percocet and it isn't fun, its' miserable and painful! I have never been able to take the withdrawals all the way. I've always crapped out after only a couple days  and went back to the pills because of pain and addiction. I read on a medical website that a person can even have seizures from withdrawals, which is really scarey for me.
   I've had 2 seizures before when I took myself off of Xanax too quickly. A so called doctor had me on very high doses and I didn't know what I was messing with. I was in the bathtub when I went into a seizure. I was sitting and slumped over and had my face in the water and was unconscious! Thank God my dog heard me bubbling under water and alerted my husband! Wow! I woke up with the Emergency Team all around me and instantly went into tears. I was sooooooooo scared!
  Dear friend, I want to express my deepest sympothy and compassion for your situation and I wouldn't feel right if I didn't encourage you to see a doctor to guide and help you with this. I do hope you'll consider it because at least, it could bring you peace and comfort too. I've finally made up my mind to see a doctor tomorrow.
    I feel a bit embarrassed giving YOU advice to see a doctor being as messed up as I am, but it is coming from a good place in my heart.
   I don't want to sound like an advertisement but, I just had a surgery where they implanted a Neurostimulator by Advanced Bionics in my back. It is a little battery that has wires/leads attached to it that are implanted to stimulate the painful area or areas. You get a remote control that you can adjust the stimulation levels and it sends out little electric pulses to your pain!
   My pain management is a whole new ball game now and I really want to share this with everyone that is in pain.It doesn't kill the pain 100% though. Their goal is 50% pain reduction, but I believe I've got better than that. Which is HUGE to me!
   They do a trial implant for a week before they do the permanent implant. There is still pain but it can be stimulated and dealt with. Its like a tingling little massage or you can turn it up to a pounding massage. I hope this helps bring hope to some.
   Since the implant, I feel liberated and now I am really ready to get off these dreaded Percocets!!! I am still trying to find more information on how long this takes too.
   I hope I didn't come of sounding like I know it all because that is far from fact. ;-) God Bless you all for sharing.. It really helps alot and I hope I didn't over step or say anthing offensive to anyone! I am a caring person and would never intend to offend anyone! Love and Peace to All!
Reading all of your stories helps to realize that I am not just a stupid drug addict.  I had two major back surgeries starting in February of 2004.  After spending nearly a week in the hospital I was discharged with three scripts of Percoct and one script for Avinza.  Each script was a 30 day supply of percocet which was for a total of 240 pills.  Eight pills to be taken each day.  The other two percocept scrips were written the exact same way but only for the following months.   Evidently it was legal then.  After I went through the first three refills I went right back to my doctor and got three more 30 day scripts  written the exact same way.  After those were finished it led me to my second back surgery and cycle started all over.  After about a year of this going on I had to increase my dossage to 12 pills per day in order to to get the same affect.  Soon it was up to 16....then 20 all along I knew this was the worst possible think to do but I just can't handle the withdrawels.  I am seeing a pain management specialist at the moment who currently has me on 2 doses of 40mg onxycontin and 7 percocets a day.  It works for me as long as I don't get a little gready and take more than the recommended daily dossage.  Then the problem occours that I have noe.  I ended up about 4 days short of my med refill and I am misreal.  I don't know what to do.  I just wish there were some home remedies to help ease the withdrawawls.  I'v been reading a little bit about Grean Tea but I'm not sure that help or how much to take.  I'm thnking of drinking alcohol for the next coupe of days to ease the withdrawels and I'm not even a drinker.  If anyone can suggest or help me with some home remedies I would surerlly be greatful.  I do have a few Motrin 800mg tabs but they are more of an anti-infaletory that doesnt' seem to help with the withdwawels.  I'm kind of depserate here is someone can help me.  Thank you for tanking time to listen to my story.
In 1999, I was diagnosed with bulging discs in my cervical spine at level 5 and 6.  I had never experienced such pain.  At the same time, I was being treated for depression.  I had already tried at least TEN antidepressants, and nothing helped.  I didn't want to feel high or anything like that.  I wanted to feel normal.  My doc started giving me vicodin.  Not only did it eliminate my pain, it also improved my mood and I felt as happy and optimistic as I did when I was a teenager (I am now 41).  These vicodin pills weren't pain pills, they were miracle pills.  I felt better, I quit feeling suicidal, and I was able to smile and laugh again.
Now, in 2008, after one stay in a detox center, I am going every day to urgent cares and ER's for Percocet.  The docs at these places only give me ten or twelve percocets at a time.  I took my last pill this morning at 11:00 a.m.  It is now 7:00 p.m.  The worst part of being off percocet and/or vicodin is that every morning of my life, as far back as I can remember, I have awakened in the morning feeling absolutely horrible...anxious, nervous, butterflies in stomach.  I would either throw up or come very close to it.  This happened every goddamned day of my worthless life.  Then, I discovered that when I took percocet and/or vicodin, I woke up feeling normal.  I have, basically, been a nauseous, nervous wreck of a person for the last 35 years, surrounded by anxiety, fear, and self-loathing-couldn't go to kindergarten unless my mom waited on the steps outside the classroom.  The only time I feel okay is when I am taking pain pills.  For me, they turned out to be the best antidepressant in the world.  I have done cold turkey so often that it hardly affects me.  I prepare for it, and ride it out as best I can.  Withdrawal has NEVER been strong enough to teach me a lesson and make me quit.  I truly, honestly believe that I have no hope, and no chance for recovery because of the therapeutic effects of pain pills.  I feel that it is too late for me, but I encourage anyone that is abusing these drugs to get help AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  Don't end up like me.  I have only one way out, and that is death.  
kick as$ tread. read the whole thing, ....  now  my method..... taper is key.... i promise hardley any w/d .....  you have to taper to avoid pain....  if you can't by your self, ask a true genuine friend to taper pills to you....you have to go as long as you can take it between doses. you had to build up to take 15-20 a day, so you have to come off pills  the same way. work down to 12 a day, two days later 10 a day, etc,,, the last few days take darvicet. or a small small piece of a xanax, adavan is even better.... make a plan, leave pills at  home  except what you planned for the day. if you truley want to get off pills, or you know you only have so many left. taper with them. and you will be amazed how manageable your detox will be. also the detox drinks and pills at GNC seem to speed up the number of days you have withdrawls, remember the morning is when you need that kick to get going, some times i will take one in the morning for a the last 10 days b4 i switch to darvicet. i have perfected this method, when i don't have any money.to buy and i'm about down to my last 30 pills i begin this method, everyone is different, takes more or less, you will have to figure your own scheduel and really want to make it happen,  If you try this method please post and i would like to show people this works.... good luck you can do it!!
I have been taking percocet for 3 years. My doctor was prescribing me 30 every 5-6 days. All of a sudden he decided not to refill my prescriptions. Now i am going through horrible pains. I know its a good thing to be off the drugs, but how the hell do i get through this? I asked him for something to help with the withdrawal and he said i dont need anything, i'll be fine.
Glad to hear that people are getting help. i have been sober now for 16 months.It would of been 24 months but I relapsed. A BIG WORD OF ADVISE IF YOU RELAPSE GET HELP AS QUICK AS YOU CAN NO MATTER WHAT THE CONSICUENCES, IF YOU CONTINUE IT ONLY GET WORSE THAN BEFORE YOU QUIT AND I MEAN REALLY BAD.Its like the saying goes your addiction is workingout waiting for you to fail, and if you slip it takes over.A good aid for helping to cope with cravings is chocolate. I was a drinker, so I traded my alcohol addiction for diet coke.Its funny most addicts drink diet coke I Know its for the cafinne , but why diet coke?Anyway stay strong go too meetings,Talk to people in AA and if you are really new to sobriety go to as many meeting s as possible.Stay away from people place and things that might trigger thoughts of drinking or drugging.
If you do fall off the wagon get right back on,dont be afraid to ask for help.Trust me everything gets better, The bad parts are still there and they are hard to deal with sober but easier to resolve with a clear mind. Good luck
ive been taking percocets for about 2 1/2 years I was up to just about 30-10mg pills a day. It's been really hard to quit cold turkey the past few days I've gotten down to about 6 pills, yet still feeling withdrawls. Is there anything I can do to make the withdrawls symptoms subside??? I work 7 days a week I need something to help me think and function! =(
i have been snorting OC's and oxy 30s for about 6mths now. I require a minimum of 30 mil a day to function without withdrawal. Anyone know anything beside soboxin that helps with the withdrawls?
Oxy,

Welcome. You should start your own post by going to the top of this page and hitting the green "Post A Question" button. This is an old post and it is getting huge and hard to follow.

There is plenty of help here and methods to help with the withdrawal process. Hope to see you start your own post, let people get to know you and hang around. You can get through this!
Hey,I hopelessly addicted to percocet,I keep trying to stop but the withdrawl (withdrawal) kills me.I'll go 3 days without with good intentions then make a call and start it over again.My wife found out and wants me to go to rehab.I still had pills and agreed with her.I planned on going but wanted to get some more until i went.Well now i am out and i havent called and the withdrawl (withdrawal) starts again I dont know if i'll do rehab or if a reg pysician can help with presc. pills to relieve tiredness,aches,anxiety,patience.I'm so tired of this ride it's taken over.All i think about is getting more and i dont feel great when i use,I just feel like im prolonging the withdrawl (withdrawal) alittle longer.Im tired
Just joined here to check it out.  Lots of questions and testimonials and not many answers.  
Am I missing something???,....I have the same questions as every person on here, i cant take what im going through......but I cant find any answers....is there any help out there??..??..??
I agree with you lots of questions asked...but no answeres....everyone just says read on and do what others are telling you to do....well wtf nobody has answers....
I can relate to all of you on the symptoms your having from not taking percocet I have been taking percocet for about two years now. I work alot and finding time to curb this addiction is becoming very difficult. I have tried many times to kick this thing every time i have failed. The worst part for me is the restless sleep and that sick feeling. I would also prefer to stop cold turkey but I think I might need some help. I have tried taking a couple shots, Bad move, whatever you do don't drink! , That by far was the worst feeling of my life. I was sick from withdraw and i was spinning from the alcohol. I felt so horrible an hour later I took a 30mg percocet which could have been fatal. Can anyone please give me some ideas? Possibly natural remedies that I could try. I need to beat this addiction bad, its killing me, physically and mentally, I'm embarrassed and ashamed. We are ALL better the this!!!!!!!Thanks to all
I'm thinking about quitting ..every day I tell myself I will tomorrow . I know I need to ..I've come to the point that I'm taking them just so I dont hurt . I have come to hate my life and I just want my old one back .
I recently went to a pain specialist and he prescribed Clonidine .01  1 twice a day for 5 days and it really helped with the withdrawls.  I didn't get the creepy crawls like I did when I tried it cold turkey.  Check it out.  It was a life saver for me.
I just spent the last while reading what people were saying... I'm writing this in hopes of helping others, AND getting help and advice from other users. I had been popping many of these dirty little things, sometimes 40/day, 10 at once.... WOW right. Ya but what a high.... and I had been doing this for two years, mind you i started out, 1 4 times a day, then it just went up from there............ i decided i have had enough, i dont want these to ruin my life any more, so i seen my dr, got a script for Clonidine, and Ativan, I'm only on day 5 of being clean, but.. i cant sleep, no energy, restless leg syndrome, anxiety out the roof,and can't stay off the toilet...   How long does this withdrawal last???? The hardest part is going to work and putting on a show... you know how hard that is....can't afford to take the time off.. so it is what it is............... i have created a support circle for myself, (which i recommend for anyone) these people have helped me, but i just wanna sleep, i just wanna feel good again... any comments, suggestions anything appreciated!!  
I wrote a big note about my story and it got lost cause I forgot to log in !! So, I'll keep this to the point !! I'm on day 5 too and I've done this before with pills and years ago with heroin !! I had to take a couple more dayz off work but I'm going back in tomorrow!! From what I know , and unfortunately I do know, you should be over the worst part !! You will still have symptoms like restlessness and no sleep till day 12 !! After day 12 you will start to feel like ur old self , I PROMISE !!! JUST DON"T GO BACK !!  People like us have to be carefull !!! If u need sleeping pills or valium its ok but no opiates or ur goin backwards !! GOOD LUCK I KNOW IT ***** BUT IT GETS BETTER !! LOTS OF VITAMINS !!!
I forgot to tell people that quittn cold turkey is not a good way to do it ! You will need a couple weeks off work and be prepared to do a whole lot of notthing !! If ur having some bad withdrawls even after weening it down, take some hot baths , they feel great! I used zoplicone to sleep, drink alot of tee and eventually it starts to get better ! Might seem like it will never go away but IT WILL !!
I've been taking 5 mg 3 times a day. I decided to quit and it's been 5 days and just restless leg. Will I feel much more?
I have only been taking percocet 5/325 off and  on for roughly 6 months, not for pain, just for relief of anxiety, i used to never get withdrawals from stopping and starting up, but this past time, the first two days, i felt so tired i cou ldn't get up from the couch, then the third day , bad stomach cramps and loose stools, now on the fourth day , feeling better, just still a little tired, I have made the decision never to another one again! i realized im self medicating , and i need to get to the doctors and help my anxiety the proper way.

I was only taking 2 a day sometimes 3 , i can't imagine how bad the withdrawals would have been if it had been a higher dose!!!!
Hello, I a 40 yr  old male from NYC - I've had roughly a 2 yr habit with these stupid pills in my more youthful days I was an athlete (boxer) that ironically left the sport with my mental faculties but the sport really took a toll on my legs, specifically my knees (running and rope work). In any event as I left the sport I still kept up the running, but I started to add weight and I think my sore legs started to cave in. A friend or two offered me these stupid pills and I continued to run -- and live my life "pain free" ..... Well we all know the story, I found a dealer and the rest is history ending 5 days ago from a 50 - 60 mg roxycet daily habit. I've read these posts and they really helped me relate. Bottom line is I have 2 beautiful children (10, and 7) an incredible wife and we both hold respectable jobs in society but on these pills I felt it was slipping away.. and come to find out it was and people knew it and were watching it happen unable to stop me --- I finally woke up and realized it was time.. So here I am 5 days clean still dealing with RLS ( sitting in my tub writing this now) anxiety, lethargic and etc. but 10 times better than 2 or 3 days ago. believe me I know plenty of you out there do not have the family support system I have but it was almost lost to these pills it wasn't a matter of if just when, if I continued on my path. My whole point is that we all have something to lose and gain -- if anyone decides to quit and gets through just admitting you're an  addict than you really have done the hardest part -- the rest is a terrible experience but look at as a price to pay to prevent loss of family, friends and other loved ones (who if your anything like me would kill for if forced to) or gaining back a life you once had or wanted to have -- by quitting you are paying a small price to gain the opportunity for the "dream" if you stay on it than you really give yourself no shot what-so-ever, sorry I'm preaching it's just that I know we have all either gone through hell or are about to step into the fire and I just want to say instead of dreading it and fearing it lets all look at it as a small price to pay (allbit a very painful price) for what you deserve to have or want! Anyways, I wish you all the best and though I may not post again I will shurly be reading as I continue getting my life back enjoying what I've been lucky enough and thankful enough to have been blessed with. WE CAN DO IT!!! Peace and love.
hello all i have a question i hope someone can help me with i had two surgeys had two foot of my bowel removed because of blood clot.been on pain killers for4 about four months perk 10s 4 a day. to be hounest i took maybe one are two more aday some days not all the time. could i be in withdrawal now i stoped takeing them when i was no longer in pain but the first night i could not sleep. next day i cried all day over nothing and everything secound day felt some better but still not sleep good going to bathroom but that is  almost normal since surgey but today third day going to the bathroom bad now i dont know if thats from the pills are the surgey. but i slept a little better last nite and nowhere near as depressed  could some of this be from the pills as i type this now its been over 72 hours thank you good luck to all and God bless
I am only three days clean, i can't sleep or eat my body fills so bad. How long will it take me till i can eat again, i been on ox for two years, 2 15 a day