Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Percocet and Addiction..Do I need help!?!?!?!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I was diagnosed with Scoliosis and Degenerative Disc Disease 2 years ago, also a year after being diagnosed HIV+ and was hospitalized for 14 days. During this time they had me so pumped full of Morphine I wasn't making sound decisions. And I have been in pain now for about 3 years. The Dr's have kept me on Percocet's now for 2 years. They have also put me on 350mg of Soma. So now I take 7.5mg of Percocet 3x's daily, Soma 350mg 3x's daily (with the Perc's), and I take 500mg Naproxen 2x's daily and I'm still in pain. My Dr wants me off the Perc's and Soma but I'm afraid of the pain I'll be in. Is there any treatment that will lessen my withdrawal? I always start feeling symptoms of withdrawal after the 4th hour of taking my drug combo and it's really starting to be ridiculous. The thing is I have medical conditions which have been diagnosed but I don't want to be on these forever! For the past year and a half I've had to plan my life around my medications,seriously! If I have to be out somewhere longer than 3-4 hours my pill container comes with me stocked with up to 2 days worth of pills (just incase something prevents me from getting home). This has turned into such a headache but I know I need something for my pain, but what!?!? Are there alternatives that aren't addictive yet give me relief like all of these do? Without them my pain is at a definite 10 and an hour after taking my pain is down to a 4/5, second hour I'm down to a 2/3 where it generally remains but after the fourth hour my pain level starts climbing again and I know it's soon to be time for my cocktail again.. I know this sounds sick but I'm just being honest. I know I'm dependent on them but I also know I have severe, crippling, immobilizing pain without. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! By the way, physical therapy and Chiropractic visits have given temporary relief not lasting more than a day or two so I don't know what else to do!? Thanks to all who might be reading and able to offer advice.  
  • addiction
    hello i am a 39 year old .that has been on hydrocodone.1...[more]
  • Need help tapering off Soma (9 replies):
    I have been taking Soma for 3 moths now. I have purchase...[more]
  • soma (9 replies):
    what are the symtoms of addiction to soma?
  • Soma (42 replies):
    Please let me know what soma is and why my brother is ac...[more]
  • Soma addiction (21 replies):
    I have a problem and desperately need help. I do not hav...[more]

You might ask your Doc. about this problem because of your health conditions you may need a 2 opinion or a 3 opinion from other Docs. This will give you more alternatives for your treatment.   Iam sure there is another treatment for your condition.    Hang in there.   Let go let God.