Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Percocet versus norco

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Percocet versus norco

Does anyone know if percocets are stronger than norcos and by how much?  My g/f is on 10/325 mg norcos and they dont work anymore for her pain.  Thanks
They are very simular
Percocets are stronger than norco.
Percocets contain the narcotic oxycodone, which is the same ingredient used in oxycontins...only oxycontins are much stronger than percs and norcos together.
But, to answer your question...oxycodone is alot stronger than hydrocodone..and alot more addictive too.
you can get perc 10/600

norco's and perc are both oxycodone

I took a million of each there very simular
They are not the same. Percocet is oxycodone/acetaminophen and Norco is hydrocodone/acetaminophen. They both come in many strength's as seen on this web page

http://www.pharmer.org/imprints/narcotics
Your g/f should talk to her doc. You say norco does not help her pain like it used to, that is how we all got on this cruise ship to h***. It
"A bad man" I resemble that. Woops!! Meant: I resent that. LOL. No, your right, the two drugs are very similar in strength and effectiveness though according to the Narcotic analgesic converter 10mg of hydro is = to 6.75mg of hydro. Can I tell the difference? probably not, though I think oxy is a stronger narcotic analgesic than hydro.
in my opinion there both weak, so are oxys
I was a daluadid man or Fentanyl man.
It took years to get there and wow what a mistake.

I hate all drugs now for what I allowed them to do to me and my family.
One day I hope I can earn all there respect back..
Are you saying that oxycodone and hydrocodone are so different if taken in the same strengths you can tell the difference?
If yes Your a bad man!!!!!!!!
I just posted this and I dont see it out here, so if there are two posts, please disregard one of them.  My g/f is on 320 mgs of methadone per day and 7 of the 10/325 norcos per day, and they hardly help her pain at all.  I dont see any signs of abuse with the methadone (unlike when she was on oxycontin, she would take more and more).  She has legitimate pain and is even on soc. sec. disability so I really cant judge how she is feeling because Im not in her body.  

But I do know that I can definately tell the difference between how she handled oxycontin and norco (would take more and more) and methadone (no desire to do more).  

I hang onto her norco and dispense them.  The first week she will take 12 to 15 per day (she is prescribed 7 per day) and then cut back because she is forced to (the last week befor refills, she is usually down to 3 or 4 per day).  The methadone stays at home in a drawer and I can totally trust her with them not to overdo.

Her pain doctor is going to switch her meds soon because she told him methadone and norco arent helping her pain anymore - I think he is going to switch her to oxymorphone instead of methadone and percocet instead of norco.  I hope and pray that she will have no desire to overdo the new meds like she did with oxy. It was a living nightmare when she was on oxy.  Methadone has been a heaven sent, but that will soon end when she gets her med switch.
Her problem is that methadone is an opiate blocker and norco is an opiate. I've taken several 40 mg. and even 80mg.  O.C's while on methadone and not felt the OC at all. The methadone bloks the effects. If the methadone helps her pain she can probably have the doctor to adjust her dose up, and drop the norcos and OCs all together. The methadone will also stop any withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms.
By definition, Percocet is stronger than Norco.  Percocet's active ingredient is oxycodone, which makes it a Schedule II drug.  You can't get refills (without a new script), you can't get it online, you HAVE to get a new prescription EACH time from your doctor.  Whereas Norco's active ingredient is hydrocodone, which makes it a Schedule III drug - you can have up to two refills on the bottle, you can currently get it prescribed online, etc. Oxycodone is considered more potent than hydrocodone; although some may beg to differ.

In some ways, vicodin is more dangerous, simply because it is MUCH easier for people to get - it's much more readily available.  Why do I know all this?  Because I'm an addict - I hope to know this much about recovery ... 16 days clean today!
I could offer my opinion and it all revelvant but I won't. I thought this board for for revering from drugs/ pills. You may want to try the pain mgt. section. It's easy to get drawn into discussions about which drug is better and how many mg. of narcotic ect. and we are all experts. I found that these types of discussions among addicts can lead to Euphoric recall. all the best
I concur with Mr. Lucky - I should have refrained from even responding.  Although my information is factually correct, the purpose of this forum seems to be about RECOVERING from addiction.  Hence, discussing the strength of drugs, war stories, etc.  doesn't really serve my recovery well.
Hydrocodone and oxycodone are 2 different drugs...when a hydro user starts taking tons to keep up with their tolerence, they will often move up to oxycodone as it is stronger....oxycontin is a time released version of oxycodone so it is even stronger
yey...just read your post...really makes no diff...just gotta quit
that's true, it's all dope. Not to say dope is bad just that it's ment for serious pain.
I am going to pharmacy school. Percocet and Norco are VERY different.

Percocet- Is a schedule II drug and is in the same class as morphine, adderall (adderrall), cocaine, and fentnyl. It is kept locked up in retail pharmacies and is only allowed to be unlocked by a pharmacist. Percocet is oxycodone and acetominipen (tylonol). The only difference between percocet and oxycontin is that oxycontin is oxycodone ER (which means extended release)  schedule II's are the most addictive, second to Schedule I's which are analagesics (pain relievers) with no theraputic benifit. such as heroin.

Norco- is basically lortab with less tylenol. Norco is hydrocodone with 325mg of tylenol and Lortab is hydrocodone with 500mg of tylenol. The benifit of using norco as oposed to Lortab is that is does less damage to the liver (tylenol can be extremely destructive to the liver and kidneys if taken more than recommended) Norco is a schedule III.

Both are narcotics (a class of drugs that dulls pain by messing with the pain receptors in the brain) and can be extremly addictive if not taken utd. (as directed)
Just so you will know. Percocets (oxycodone) verses Norco (hydrocodone).
Percocet (name brand) is oxycodone. Yes! It is stronger than Norco. It is a schedule 2 narcotic. You CAN NOT get refills on a schedule 2 drug. (Ask your pharmacy). Both meds are of the opiate class. And very dangerous. But you should not post things on here that are so far from correct that if someone read them that didnt know, could take your opinion as truth. that is a bad thing...so to all persons reading this. PLEASE CONSULT WITH (A) DOCTOR...PLEASE!!!!
Yeah, they are not similar in strength and they have their differences. They are no where near the same for many reasons. Beach, no offense, but if you are going to give for sure information according to you, it should be for sure. There is nothing wrong with admitting you don't know about something, or that you could be wrong, I do it every day.

Like DRd said, people come here for answers, and you don't want to give them the wrong advice.

To the OP, this is for sure a pain management issue and a doctor can give the best advice for it.
Ive been taking pain killers for about four years for a serious back injury awaiting a second surgery. I have looked into so many pain treatments and I was told Methadone is an opiate blocker thats why they give it to recovering addicts.  If this information is true the Norco would be doing nothing for her as the Methadone would be blocking the opiates in the norco. Something you might want to look into.
GOOD FOR YOU!!  I too am an addict/alcoholic (10 yrs. clean/sober).  I am checking re: these drugs as my wife (a "normy") was prescribed Percocet.  In the past she has had Norco and I appreciate your definition.  My addiction is to pot, but my primary drug is alcohol.  I say IS because, I will ALWAYS BE an addict/alcoholic-it NEVER goes away!  I don't know you, but I am proud of you.  It takes great courage to recognize your problem and to do something about it.  Way to go!
Be well One Day At A Time!!
congrats... I hate having to take these damn pills and  I just  wanted to  say   good  job on the 16  days