Percoset addicting???
HI all.. I was addictied to vicodin for about a year and have been clean since Septemeber.  I feel great.  Here is my questions/temptation.  A "friend" of mine offered to get me some percosets....are they just as addicting as vicodin or can I handle just taking them once in a while, like when Im hungovoer or something???  What are they and what do they do? Are they like vicodin?
Thanks to anyone who responds.....
Hello - welcome.  Ill keep it short - not only are they addicting, they are probably more addicting than vicodin and stronger.  Percocet is one step ABOVE Vicodin on the painkiller strength scale.  Ever hear people talk about oxy? Percocet is Oxycodone.  If you had a problem with vicodin, percocet will just be a bigger problem.  Id stay away.  Good luck and congrats on all that clean time.. Keep going in the right direction.  God bless.
good point by refusingbondage.  Not only her point, but this:  yes they are addicting, but the main problem may be you.  Many people that fall victim to being addicted to something, and then abusing it, can't just "stick to the prescribed amounts".  Now, I don't know how bad your addiction to vicoden was, or if you were even taking the prescribed amounts.  What I'm saying is....if you are like me (I had a nasty vicoden addiction), then you have an addictive personality and cannot stop at just 2 a day.  That’s the part that *****.  Because of my addictive personality, there is no drug that I can take and stick to the right dosages.  People with addictive personalities fall down easier than others.  At least…that’s the way I am.  Are you that way too?  

I would stay away from them if I were you.  Nothing but bad news…all the way round!
Yup like the post above said it is more addicting then vics the main drug in percs is oxycodone which is the same as oxycontin and I'm sure u have heard bout how bad oxycontin is. Oxycodone is 2 And a half to 3 times stronger than vics so like they said stay away from then especualu since u said u were addicted to vics because u wil be right back where u were exept u will b hook on a stronger drug

Abritt
Congratulations on your clean time!!  Percocet is extremely addictive so it's best to say "NO".   Hangover?   How much are you drinking?    FYI :  alcohol and percocet is a bad combination.
Good luck!
Vicki
My experience with Percocet is that it is sooo much harder to withdrawal from than vic.  90% of my use was vicodin.  I just had a 3 week or so relapse.  I took percocet for the 3 weeks.  I had worse wds from that short amount of time than I had with 2 years of vics.  I'm sure it's different for everyone and I have a feeling a lot of my wds had to do with guilt....but the first 3-4 days were awful.

Try to stay away from them.....
Kristen
Stay away!  You will start taking them for hangovers, then you will be taking them during the night out, then you will be taking them Monday morning when you need to go back to work and you have been partying all week (considering you have a Mon-Fri job), then it will be everyday.....  Put an end to it before it starts!
As said above,perc's are very addictive.I played around with them but got away cause I liked them too much. Stay away unless you want some real problems.      Karl